Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,232 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
.Emmi

Vinewood Area Covered In Snow - What Does R* Tease?

DaRkL3AD3R

Here's some optimism, as some others have mentioned, i think that image was supposed to be for the next update which may or may not get released in time for christmas. And that update may trigger the Snow weather in Online, i can't imagine it being difficult, since it's a cheat in SP anyway. Just copy pasterino some coding, i suppose.

Just to chime in here, no it is not that easy as copy and paste. At least not to do it right, like it appears in that small Vinewood sign picture. The snow cheat is nothing but a weather effect, a particle emitter at best.

Here's why there will never be a dynamic snow effect in Los Santos and Blaine County: imagine if you will for a moment, the weather going from 90* warm sunny beach day weather, to snowy and cold with dynamic snow layers all over San Andreas. Yeah, that's not even remotely realistic. It won't happen. Sorry to be that guy but don't ever expect Los Santos to look like North Yankton does in regards to snow.

Gutslab

I have a different image. It shows a black guy in a white tank top and blue jeans chasing a train

OMG CARL JOHNSON DLC CONFIRMED

Wolfhuman

Probably an upload mistake.

Oh, of course it will be online only, it's not like they actually care one bit about us single player gamers...

lol

TaviColen123
-=Bert=-, on 19 Dec 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

Oh, of course it will be online only, it's not like they actually care one bit about us single player gamers...

They said they are going to make single player dlc next year, now shut up you asshole !

AlmightySo

I dont think you all realize how hard it is to do that, its not just adding in snow weather and new handling, its retexturing buildings, land, streets, cars, its a LOT of things to do. It is defiantly possible. but I think to be professionally done it would have had to be started in October,

Josh410

Alright so I have the bus too, but we have at least 3 people confirmed to have seen this thumbnail.

My guess is that it is the next update and they linked to the wrong image.

Looking at it with my own eyes and 4 other references, looks like they loaded the Yankton DLC pic or snow DLC. Lol.

DiatomicSauce8

I have a different image. It shows a black guy in a white tank top and blue jeans chasing a train

OMG CARL JOHNSON DLC CONFIRMED

This made me laugh a little

GORILLAJONES

0_0.jpg

Bertanius

They said they are going to make single player dlc next year, now shut up you asshole !

Haha, you think DLC is acceptable? DLC is just cut content sold back to the consumer, do you think making us pay for cut content is "caring"? Have fun on the DLC bandwagon! Don't come complaining when you have no money left because Rockstar squeezed it all out of you.

RockstarMark

Haha, you think DLC is acceptable? DLC is just cut content sold back to the consumer, do you think making us pay for cut content is "caring"? Have fun on the DLC bandwagon! Don't come complaining when you have no money left because Rockstar squeezed it all out of you.

We don't know the size of the content. Sure, if it is a mission or two then you could argue the content was cut in order to be sold as DLC later on. However it will likely be another case of TLAD and TBOGT. In which case, we are getting something new.

It is also very simple, if you hate DLC so much don't buy it. Some of us, are excited at the prospect of new GTA V related single player content. $10-15 is not going to bankrupt anyone in any case...

Lil_B_The Basedgod

bert, you a f*ckin fa**ot nigga, nobody likes you. with your punk ass.

some people are so f*cking wack. complains that they show no love for sp, but when sp gets something, hes like "omg dlc is a conspiracy, youll dump your life savings on it because im a confused 16 year old boy with no concept of how the world really works, and I like bronies because im unsure of my sexuality, and I got punked out by the kids at school so I act cool on the internet"

EV4

Bert, delete your system32 pls. Also, ^

Deffpony

Its probably their way of f*cking with us for North Yankton

Gutslab

bert, you a f*ckin fa**ot nigga, nobody likes you. with your punk ass.

some people are so f*cking wack. complains that they show no love for sp, but when sp gets something, hes like "omg dlc is a conspiracy, youll dump your life savings on it because im a confused 16 year old boy with no concept of how the world really works, and I like bronies because im unsure of my sexuality, and I got punked out by the kids at school so I act cool on the internet"

ahaha yea my niggah based god. f*cking bert a lil nigga bitch crying about the game. niggah wut it do. put dat gun down, dont fuk wit me. respect

TaviColen123

You have any proof they cut out the content ? If anything Rockstar has showed they do quality DLCs with their past games, now i suggest taking my advice and shutting your pie hole before embarrassing yourself again .

Eagles

Yeah it'll be like a punishment DLC. They'll be like "oh, you people were doing everything to get to North Yankton, so we heard you, we'll make it snow in LS. And that will snow so much that you won't even be able to leave your apartments because there will be tons of snow in front of your door, you assholes".

Bertanius

You have any proof they cut out the content ? If anything Rockstar has showed they do quality DLCs with their past games, now i suggest taking my advice and shutting your pie hole before embarrassing yourself again .

350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustl

I would never take advice from some know-it-all who thinks they can tell others what to do.

I SHADOWFOX I

Someone's poor.

..GhosT

Seems like Geralds house exploded because he had too much packages in there.

E•MO•TION

It's probably more clothes lol.

Edited by 2281

Bertanius

Someone's poor.

Nope, just wise with my money, I don't fall for marketing scams.

TaviColen123
-=Bert=-, on 19 Dec 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 19 Dec 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

-=Bert=-, on 19 Dec 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

TaviColen123, on 19 Dec 2013 - 03:00 AM, said:

-=Bert=-, on 19 Dec 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:-=Bert=-, on 19 Dec 2013 - 01:44 AM, said:

350x700px-LL-ea4fc166_maximum-over-rustl

I would never take advice from some know-it-all who thinks they can tell others what to do.

And i dont care what someone who has a pink pony for an avatar thinks about me .

Osho

Someone's poor.

Nope, just wise with my money, I don't fall for marketing scams.

False accusations with no legitimate proof *only arguments* can mislead many others, even if the accused has no role with the charges. Here Rockstar's latest announcement is under attack, despite the fact that they have announced substantial story mode updates with no confirmation yet whether they are paid or free DLC's plus what are other surprises stored for the players.

Even as a single player only you should put it into perspective *when you talk about cheating* since your view over 'DLC' specifically for GTA V is predetermined and highly doubtful than truth. Don't fall into the trap of acting out with non-directional opinion. Let's think positive and wait for the updates. Your views will easily get acceptance once the time has arrived.

Dock

I wondered too why the logo was stretched, but it's legit. Sure, it's probably a bus now, but yesterday it was OP's screenshot. Odd.

AmbientZed

Here's some optimism, as some others have mentioned, i think that image was supposed to be for the next update which may or may not get released in time for christmas. And that update may trigger the Snow weather in Online, i can't imagine it being difficult, since it's a cheat in SP anyway. Just copy pasterino some coding, i suppose.

Just to chime in here, no it is not that easy as copy and paste. At least not to do it right, like it appears in that small Vinewood sign picture. The snow cheat is nothing but a weather effect, a particle emitter at best.

Here's why there will never be a dynamic snow effect in Los Santos and Blaine County: imagine if you will for a moment, the weather going from 90* warm sunny beach day weather, to snowy and cold with dynamic snow layers all over San Andreas. Yeah, that's not even remotely realistic. It won't happen. Sorry to be that guy but don't ever expect Los Santos to look like North Yankton does in regards to snow.

I dont think you all realize how hard it is to do that, its not just adding in snow weather and new handling, its retexturing buildings, land, streets, cars, its a LOT of things to do. It is defiantly possible. but I think to be professionally done it would have had to be started in October,

Nah, i didn't mean like that, i just mean the weather from the cheat code which is just the effect, i don't expect there to be full blown storms and textures. The VineWood picture is textured like that in hope to raise some hype, i'm guessing anyway.

Edited by AmbientZed

statesandminds

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.
I was on with my boyfriend from 3am to 6am last night and
stumbled across the store and saw the snowy vinewood picture and
he was like "wtf, why is it snowing?"

Hopefully it definitely was a tease :x

(BTW it definitely was that image, not photoshopped or anything..)

Edited by statesandminds

MasterToothDecayer

Possible Christmas present perhaps from R* for a bargain price of $9.99 + P&P?

I love all the evidence you base this assumption on, considering the only DLC that's been released so far has been entirely free...

Bloothehedgehog

Gerald bought a titan and placed 1% of his coke inside of it then released it for the hobo's with Chrome Adders.

Merry Chromes ya filthy animal.

^^^^THIS^^^^

CryptReaperDorian

Half-Life 3 confirmed!