3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Indi

Better Call Saul!

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I liked the premiere, an 8/10 for me. I really liked that little scam Jimmy and Pam ran with that stock broker, classic Slippin' Jimmy there.

Edit: Turns out that stock broker is indeed the same one whose car will be set on fire by Walt in six years time.

Edited by TheFoxRiverFugitive

krashr

i didn't realise it was back!

TJGM

I liked the premiere, an 8/10 for me. I really liked that little scam Jimmy and Pam ran with that stock broker, classic Slippin' Jimmy there.

Edit: Turns out that stock broker is indeed the same one whose car will be set on fire by Walt in six years time.

Apparently the black cop that appeared at that Lester looking guys house is the same cop that appears in season 5 of Breaking Bad when Skylar calls the cops after Walter kidnaps their daughter. Not sure how true that is, but someone mentioned it.

I liked the season premier, we get another glimpse of Jimmy (Saul) after Breaking Bad and the scam that Jimmy and Kim pulled on the stock broker was great and overall the way this show is shot is just so pretty, I love it. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Hobo Rocket

Apparently the black cop that appeared at that Lester looking guys house is the same cop that appears in season 5 of Breaking Bad when Skylar calls the cops after Walter kidnaps their daughter. Not sure how true that is, but someone mentioned it.

I liked the season premier, we get another glimpse of Jimmy (Saul) after Breaking Bad and the scam that Jimmy and Kim pulled on the stock broker was great and overall the way this show is shot is just so pretty, I love it. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

I'm not sure about the black cop being in season 5, but the white cop was from season 3 when Skyler called to get Walt out of the house when he refused to leave but they couldn't do anything 'cause he rightfully lived there and hadn't done anything wrong. I also learned that the $50-a-shot whiskey that Jimmy and Kim drank/left the bill with that obnoxious bluetooth guy was Don Eladio's favorite drink apparently.

Anyway, great start to the season. Loved the flash forward open once again and the contrast between Jimmy as Gene not wanting to open that emergency door and deal with police to the ending with Jimmy flicking that switch in his new office with no fear of any repercussions. My only disappointment was the lack of Chuck in this episode.

And they've come out and said that they're toying with the idea of doing a full episode focusing on Gene in his post-Breaking Bad life in season 3, if it gets picked up for a third season of course. I'm definitely down with getting a black and white episode in the future.

Edited by Vanilla Shake

IDredMan

sh*t, this is back?

lol232

Just watched the season 2 premiere, it was actually pretty awesome. Loved the Pulp Fiction mention too.

Edited by lol232

IDredMan

Just watched it.

Hell yeah, that was really f*cking good!

I get a very weird sense of satisfaction when I see him scam someone.

It's the same feeling I got watching the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey (Yeah! f*ck nature! I won evolution!).

Yay.

CrysisAverted

so what was up with the placement of the couch exactly?

Why the 5-0 think something was up with its placement?

Zoobz

so what was up with the placement of the couch exactly?

Why the 5-0 think something was up with its placement?

There was a lot of rubbish on the floor. The couch had clearly been moved to check behind the couch.

You can see when the police move it, where the couch has pushed back the rubbish.

The guy was obviously robbed / moved the drugs (items) that were stored behind the detachable wall skirting. It was like that before the police showed up. So the homeowner had clearly moved and checked behind it before they arrived.

lol232

Just watched it.

Hell yeah, that was really f*cking good!

I get a very weird sense of satisfaction when I see him scam someone.

It's the same feeling I got watching the start of 2001 A Space Odyssey (Yeah! f*ck nature! I won evolution!).

Yay.

F*cking love this part:

Slippin' Jimmy!

I should consider this one day.

Don't report me.

Edited by lol232

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I liked tonight's episode, it was funny. The guy who plays the pharmaceutical company worker really plays the part of a beta well. Nacho and Mike were also great, as always.

lol232

I liked the new episode, it was actually pretty good.

Judging my the description of the next episode, It's going to be another "Mike" episode like Five-O. I'm calling it.

krashr

it's good to have this show back, i really enjoyed these first two episodes

mrpain

You know what's so good about this show returning? Things look pretty on the screen again.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul offers some of the most visually appealing cinematography to grace the screens of shows. Every shot is vibrant with life. Remembered that old folks home bingo montage scene in BCS season 1? That was some awesome filming. Who would have taught you could make a bingo scene look so pretty.

Real_Badgirl

I watched the first season of this show on Netflix about a month ago. The first episode was kind of meh, but from the second episode on, it quickly got better. The first episode is the only weak one in the bunch.

The dialogue is great and I'm glad that Mike came back along with Saul, as he was one of my favorite Breaking Bad characters.

I anticipate future episodes, and I really want to see how Saul (it feels weird calling him Jimmy) and Mike end up where they are by the time the Breaking Bad timeline starts. I also wonder what's going to happen to Kim and Nacho, since neither are in Breaking Bad. I think Saul had 2 or 3 ex wives, so perhaps he and Kim will have a short lived marriage.

Chewie

I'm liking this season so far. Lol at the squatting cobbler.

mrpain

My heart can't take all that much sadness when the inevitable bad finally hit between Jimmy and Kim. They have such a perfect chemistry together and Kim's monologue about Jimmy being a bad guy just for the sake of it is so true.

Mr. Scratch

You know what's so good about this show returning? Things look pretty on the screen again.

Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul offers some of the most visually appealing cinematography to grace the screens of shows. Every shot is vibrant with life. Remembered that old folks home bingo montage scene in BCS season 1? That was some awesome filming. Who would have taught you could make a bingo scene look so pretty.

If you like pretty looking shows then I've got just the thing.

mrpain

If you like pretty looking shows then I've got just the thing.

Dude please. I'm like to think of myself as the number one fan of that show. You have no idea how absolutely gutted my heart felt when they cancelled it. Their use of the color yellow is so mesmerising.

CrysisAverted

this week's ending

incredibles-syndrome-too-good.gif

can't wait till next episode

Edited by CrysisAverted

Vile Snarfely Esq.

such a grand show this is! after every episode, it just makes me want to play GTA V soooo bad! especially the episodes where Mike is doing odd jobs. Just makes me want to grind the hell out of missions, haha. but yeah, i love the direction they are going with it. it's like a behind-the-scenes of Breaking Bad. i am pretty confident that the story will go well into Breaking Bad's. we will most likely get the chance to see Breaking Bad's story from Saul's perspective. would be interesting to see the whole Brock poisoning from his POV, because we didn't have that part properly explained IMO.

it's like i am reliving Breaking Bad all over again.. i love it.

:-)

Mr. Scratch

When Mike was meeting Ignacio or whatever his name is at the end I was sure that was actually Gus for a second.

ClaudeSpeed1911

New episode tonight, hopefully playuh shows up.

CrysisAverted

f*cking tuco man

Jonesizzle

Crazy Eights!

Great episode. With what happened to Tuco, we should/hopefully see the one and only Skinny Pete in future episodes.

Legomanarthur

This episode was great.

Real_Badgirl

That was a really good episode. Mike is badass, I wish my grandpa had been like him.

I know the show is called Better Call Saul, but for the most part I find Mike's scenes to be much more interesting. Don't get me wrong, there are some hilarious Jimmy moments (like the squat cobbler video description and the 'Hamlindigo blue' thing) but I find myself looking forward to Mike's plot more than Jimmy's at this point. The HHM/D&M drama won't be enough to keep me invested if it goes on too long. Hopefully Saul Goodman will emerge soon. I think Kim is going to dump Jimmy, then that might provoke him to start acting more Saul-ish.

Also, I'm calling it: Since Tuco got arrested, I bet his grandmother will be taken to Sandpiper Crossing and have an encounter with Jimmy. Or perhaps Jimmy will be Tuco's lawyer and get him a reduced sentence.

I like the way this show handles cameos. The Krazy 8 and Ken Wins cameos were done well and didn't feel forced, because it made sense for them to be there. A Jesse cameo wouldn't make any sense though, since he would've been a student in Walt's chemistry class during the events of BCS.

TheFoxRiverFugitive

I liked tonight's episode, it gave us important insight into why Chuck can never fully accept Jimmy. I'm also beginning to like Kim as a character, this was undoubtedly her episode.

Legomanarthur

Really liked the new episode, and especially Mike's part, still kicking ass I see.

also

the cameos in this season are strong, not that I dislike it, but it seems to me that we're getting closer and closer to BB's events

Jonesizzle

funny thing is that we are pretty far from the BB events. I'd give it another 3-4 seasons before we reach the tip of the iceberg as far as the BB timeline goes.

Edited by DOOM!