3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Indi

Better Call Saul!

krashr

...am I a wet blanket lately? Felt like this was, in no way, a season finale. Not for Mike, not for Jimmy. Less a cliffhanger than a hiatus. :p

yes, yes you are. chuck yourself in the dryer and come back when you're warm and fuzzy and thinking properly :p

Mister Pinkerton

i'm happy to tell you the quality is still there for season 2

Excellent. I'll power on with Season 2 this week. :)

el carlitos

We will have to wait till next year for season 3? Damn, thats long.

I can´t wait to see Jimmy at the point where he was at BB.

Hobo Rocket

i'm happy to tell you the quality is still there for season 2

Excellent. I'll power on with Season 2 this week. :)

I'd say Season 2 is even better than Season 1, much in the way that Season 2 of Fargo was superior to Season 1 in my opinion. Then again I'm one of the very few who preferred the second season of True Detective over the first, despite still loving that season.

In regards to the long wait between seasons, I'd imagine it's better that way. I mean, Season 1 aired last year and we didn't get Season 2 till this year and the show managed to maintain its quality if not exceed it in some aspects. The time between gives Gilligan and Gould time to create a fully fleshed out story instead of having to rush things.

tcfanatic

Since season 2 isn't on netflix I went ahead and dished out the money to stream it on Amazon. (If it shows up on netflix in the next couple weeks I'm going to be pissed lol). Love the show. So many things I'm wondering as we get close to BB timeline. Will we see Gus. I know if he does show up it would only involve Mike since Saul never actually met him before Walt came knocking.

You guys think they will ever go beyond the BB timeline (not including the opening scenes for each seaon)? There's just so many directions this thing could go. Can't wait for season 3.

Hobo Rocket

Since season 2 isn't on netflix I went ahead and dished out the money to stream it on Amazon. (If it shows up on netflix in the next couple weeks I'm going to be pissed lol). Love the show. So many things I'm wondering as we get close to BB timeline. Will we see Gus. I know if he does show up it would only involve Mike since Saul never actually met him before Walt came knocking.

You guys think they will ever go beyond the BB timeline (not including the opening scenes for each seaon)? There's just so many directions this thing could go. Can't wait for season 3.

Well, we're at 2003 in the timeline at this point, and Breaking Bad's events start in September 2008 and last till September 2010, so we're still a ways away from reaching that. Gus will no doubt show up next season. I think the cliffhanger ending to Mike's story hints at that, plus who else could it have been? It couldn't have been Nacho.

Regarding the show reaching BB's events, firstly we don't know how long this show will run for. I'd expect 5 seasons if the quality and ratings remain consistent. I say 5 seasons because Gilligan didn't want to draw BB out for too long so he went out rather early for a show of its stature at the time, to ensure that it didn't become too unbelievable by having this go on for years and years and to end it the right way. They did say that they're toying with the idea of possibly doing an episode next season set completely after BB, focusing on "Gene", so maybe the final season'll be all about that or just include more episodes of that nature. Either way I think it'll end with a complete resolution for Jimmy's story rather than ending where BB begins like many think will be the case. It wouldn't be fair to not find out what really happens to him after all that sh*t he went through.

Craig Kostelecky

I think any and all options regarding the timeline are open to us (and the creators). They could even keep the show going concurrently with the known timeline of Breaking Bad. Saul's home life might not be much different than what we've seen with BCS. Kimmy and Chuck could even still be around without conflicting with anything in the original storyline.

darthYENIK

Watching the marathon on AMC. I love the bus scene in the episode "Amarillo". Just watched it. That's the first scene I feel like Jimmy went full on Saul.

Jonesizzle

He went full on Saul using the old guy and posing him as a veteran, sh*t was hilarious.

Azazel

Can't wait for the new season. :p

Jonesizzle

Haha, speaking of the old guy posing as a veteran.

the guy on base showed back up to put Jimmy in his place, or tried too. That whole scene was well done. Jimmy was shouting at the guy like he was his brother, pretty sure he even called him Chuck. Also what's up with Chuck "accidently" letting Ernie hear the audio tape? I'm sure he did that on purpose for some reason or the other.

gtamann123

I could see the show running all the way up until the start of BB. But I doubt they will ever overlap.

Jonesizzle

Well, technically, it already overlaps. I'm sure we will see the eventual conclusion to Sauls story.

Unless I completely misread your comment and you mean they will not bring back Walter or Jesse, then I'd somewhat agree with that. I feel like instead of using Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul's physical appearance, maybe we could hear phone conversations? who knows what's up Vince's sleeve.

Edited by DOOM!

Failure

So no Gus?

gtamann123

By overlap I meant that Better call saul will end before the events of breaking bad began. Like we won't see any better call saul episodes that take place at the same time breaking bad is taking place.

Jonesizzle

I can agree on that, hopefully they just explore more into what Jimmy is doing in Nebraska rather than re-explore the events of Breaking Bad.

No Gus yet, but I'm sure he will make a appearance in a episode or two. I hope they wouldn't tease him for this upcoming season only to show him a few times at the end.

Azazel

By overlap I meant that Better call saul will end before the events of breaking bad began. Like we won't see any better call saul episodes that take place at the same time breaking bad is taking place.

But it is already overlapping in a way, with the flash-forwards. I could totally see it overlapping the events of Breaking Bad, maybe not to a degree where they had to re-cast Brian and Aaron, but in a more indirect way. Jimmy's appearances in Breaking Bad were scarce at most, he must have been up to some interesting things when he was not dealing with Heisenberg and his shenanigans.

gtamann123

I think that the scenes of Saul working at the Cinnabon in Nebraska is simply just a nod to his line "if I'm lucky I'll be managing a Cinnabon in Omaha" from the final season of Breaking Bad.

Jonesizzle

Well, it is definitely a nod, and not one fully intended to be followed up with Jimmy actually working at Cinnabon in Nebraska but it worked out and it helps Cinnabon was all aboard from the get go. There is no question we will see the conclusion of Jimmy McGill, hopefully he dies of old age, but I doubt that's going to happen.

CrysisAverted

oh saul you f*cked up

Legomanarthur

That was a great episode, this season is on its way to becoming the best one of the whole show so far in my opinion, too bad there's only 10 episodes per season.

It was funny to see Francesca back, she's such a minor character from BB yet I immediately recognized her and the way Saul was treating her, I wonder how that happened. Also I really wanted to see Gus's men and I'm glad to see that Victor is back, hope to see Tyrus one day too :lol:

darthYENIK

I can't wait to see Gus and Mike's "meet cute".

And hopefully, speaking of "Saul's" staff, to counter Chuck having his bodyguard, Jimmy will hire his own.

Edited by darthYENIK

Jonesizzle

I felt like the reveal would've been awesome if AMc didn't market around the fact that Gus is returning. Never the less it was awesome just seeing Gus in the background. That death stare he had goin' whenever Saul drove off from Mike.

Matrelith

I love how fast the plot is going at the moment. They could've dragged out the tape business for like four episodes, but boom, two episodes in and the stakes are as high as ever. This was easily one of the best episodes as of yet. It brought back familiar faces, had some funny moments and some tense moments. I can't wait to see what Jimmy's next step is going to be.

Edited by Matrelith

doubleg213

oh saul you f*cked up

I hate Chuck, he's every parent, sibling or partner who no matter what you do always brings it back to something you did previously and won't accept or support anything good you do.

We know from Breaking Bad that he's going to get away with it though.

Even having destroyed the tape with Howard and the PI there as witnesses he can still simply say he did said it to make Chuck feel better and was simply angry that after all he's done to try and help Chuck (all of which can be proven) Chuck would try to harm him when all he's done is try to help him and he made it up.

I think now that Chuck has done this we'll likely see a lot more of the nasty do anything to survive side of Jimmy/Saul.

Should he go on the attack big time he can even pull in the doctor who previously wanted to section Chuck, once he's shown Chuck as mentally ill then they don't have a chance of convicting him.

I'm guessing the name change will be soon, probably as a way of cutting his ties to Chuck entirely.

P.S. I think I'm a little bit in love with Kim.

Edited by doubleg213

Jonesizzle

With everything going on with Chuck, I'm wondering if we will get the infamous should he take a trip to Belize quote. I don't see Jimmy changing his names not only to cut ties with Chuck, but I also have a feeling that HHM will drag Jimmys name through the mud, possibly even Chucks.

darthYENIK

I hope Ernie gains 300lbs and changes his name to Huell.

CrysisAverted

your wife is as big a bitch as skylar

your brother is as big an asshole as chuck

man these series sure have quality people to hate

Jonesizzle

I love all the returning of small role characters, such as Gus's henchmen or his doctor (the one that saved Gus when they poisoned the cartel leaders) and I want to say the guy who booked in Jimmy also made an appearance in BB. I love this show.