2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

Vc for pc

crime*star

if it`ll be released,what do you expect from the pc version?

after all the pc version of gta3 was pretty crappy-it didnt support many of the ps2`s effects[such as the car front lights etc.]

anyways this time i hope that they`ll give us all visual effects without glitches,more support for pc systems,and bug fixes from ps2 version,also i hope that it`ll feature some of the gta3 pc`s features,such as mp3 station and editable skins[altough you got outfits,so it`ll be strange]

what do you hope that pc version will feature? :sigh:

I don't know how it compares to PS2 because I have never seen the PS2 version but GTA3 has all kinds of effects on my PC in cluding headlights.

What do I expect form VC for PC??  Well, I just want it released :D

Take care

Mike

What do I expect from Vice City PC?

Well, how about being released for PC sooner, something like March break or even this Christmas. It probably won't happen, but there's no crime in hopeing, right? :)

What do I expect from GTA VC for my beloved PC.. I expect better graphics and controls then the PS2 for starters. Mp3 station of course. Faster load times are a no-brainer. Being able to look around while walking is a sure-in.  

What do I want from VC PC. MULTIPLAYER!!!!!!!

Please :D

Ducky_Iz_Cool

i have a question, in gta 3 pc, where the controls like max payne where you can just look around with the mouse to where you shoot? so then you can aim with pistols, and take out tires with them. Or is it the exact same sort of controlling than the ps2 controller, just on a keyboard.

hope you understand what im trying to say  :)

It was like Max Payne.. but in GTA 3 you couldn't take out tires with anything..  I am sure it will change for Vice City though so you can shoot cars and tires out without needing some sort of sniping weapon.

Tony Scarboni

I expect alot of glitches and sh*tty gameplay,think about it,if it doesnt run smooth on ps2 it wont run worth sh*t on pc

He's right. The PC version didn't have some of the effects the PS2 version had, like when you get real close to the front of a car the headlights light up real lovely. Also, the smoke particals weren't as plentiful in the PC version.

You should also be able to walk if you want, and not run like an idiot all the time.

PC Version missing effects?

Yeah right.

The headlights were improved for PC as was the entire lighting system.  It's now the lighting and texture system used for Vice.  I think Trails accounts for the headlights feature you're missing Samoth, try turning them on to get it back. Trails are better than most people think, especially in Vice.

I had better smoke in the PC Version than on PS2... I don't believe anything was downgraded in 3 and most were upgraded. If there were any diffrences it was because 3 PS2 was a little more simplistic than 3 PC.

If it runs laggily on PS2, it has to run smooth on PC, though Vice hasn't lagged much on my friend's PS2

Vice PC will be awesome.

I expect alot of glitches and sh*tty gameplay,think about it,if it doesnt run smooth on ps2 it wont run worth sh*t on pc

Are you kidding? If the ps2 cant run it smoothy, then except pc to run it like silk. You had it all wrong :).

Oh and all the bugs are getting fixed with pc version.

I'd be damn happy if GTA Vice made it out onto PC early next year (by March, say) with the MP3 station from GTA3 added but the GTA3 bugs, glitches, lag and slowdowns left behind.

Multiplayer would be simply amazing and I can think of some other little things that I'd also like to see in the game, but I can't have my cake and eat it, can I?

It will be the exact same as the ps2 version except for some editable crap added on for the sake of it.

Oh and no dout it will require a 2ghz processor to run and even then it will be as buggy and laggy as hell...you think rockstar give a f*ck? people will buy it regardless :bored:

FT2DB7K.png

I acctually hope it doesnt have the skin edit feature, it will take away from the changable outfits. Other than that, i hope it has all the same stuff as in GTA3.

A QUESTION:

does anyone has the effect on pc that does exist on the ps2?the cars had some real cool looking lights[they flashed]instead of the yellow squares that does exist on pc...is it the pc version or just my graphic card?[geforce3 64 megs]

please answer-and if you dont know how it looks in ps2[if you never played] so please dont reply this

Well,  the thing I would love for them to enable is backwards compatability...  let me explain.

Where GTA: VC scans your system,  determines that GTA3 is also installed,  and gives you the option to link the two games upon installation.  Whereupon you'd be able to travel between vice city and liberty city at will,  (although probably not until you'd completed all the missions)  maybe via the airport,  or maybe they could actualy put those two tunnels in shoreside to good use.

Yes it would entail extra work (small changes to make LC 80's style and a little modernisation for VC (depending on which time period you ended up playing in))  which is why I'm not counting on it being included.

But it would rather neatly exploit one of the PC's biggest advantages over the Playstation.  And wouldn't it just be the coolest?

The headlights were improved for PC as was the entire lighting system.  It's now the lighting and texture system used for Vice.  I think Trails accounts for the headlights feature you're missing Samoth, try turning them on to get it back.

Do you even know what I'm talking about? Try driving up to the front of another car almost touching at night in the PS2 version, and its headlights will light up real big. Do the same in the PC version and the headlights will fade out when you're real close.

I've seen GTA3 on atleast 4 high-end PC's, and its the same on all 4. Has nothing to do with the trails.

tuff_luv_capo

*imitates PC poster::::

Well, Since I'm so goddamn smart and know more than you "console players", I will let you know that...

*blah**blah**blah**blah**blah**blah**blah***Useless Info****blah**blah**blah**blah**blah**blah*gigga-f*ck*blah**blah**blah**blah**blah*megahur

ts*blah**blah**blah**blah**blah**blah*

(Rambling about specs goes here....)

{{Conclusion where I mock your goes here}}

*imitates PS2 Poster

Goddamn. You bitches need to stop whining. You're just being dicks cuz you ain't got the game and ur'e jealous as sh*t! HAHAHA!!!! PS2 ROCKS

*imitates himself

What do I expect from VC PC? Topics like this to end!

|

LeftCoastPunk

first of all for PC i expect some more gore points... pc also has the advantage of patches, to fix bugs in the game, it also has editability, imagine having a extra island with a stunt park on it for ur '600', and having new models and skins made for cars, and the awsome thing some of these talented people could do with a motorcycle. i have gta vice on ps2 as well as gta3 nd i also have gta3 on comp and i definitly favor pc. it extends the lasting apeal beond ps2

yea it`ll be cool,

just imagine yourself-i download a new bike somone made[damn it`ll be cool] and start playing,or adding new areas and improovments as well new missions, patches,mods,etc...

and i guess it`ll be more fun to play the game on pc[keyboard+mouse]

I expect GTA VC PC to offer better graphics, better sound, better controls, and the MP3 station (but at the expense of being able to pop the disc straight in and enjoy it on a big tv). What I'd like is a bit more, but I'm expecting a straight port from PS2 to PC, just like GTA3, with a few bits cleaned up and improved.

guys,i have both ps2 and pc versions of gta3

and i must tell the ps2 got many visual effects the pc doesnt....

the bold effect that is missing in gta3 pc is the cars front lights

here is an example of how the car front lights on ps2 look like:

gta3_384.jpg

and on the pc its just yellow squares that doesnt effect nothing....i really hope vice city for pc will feature that effect

I wish they would make it more moddable than GTA3 was. They said back then that people would be satisfied (or more than satisfied, maybe) with the customisation features. All it was was skinning the main character and an MP3 radio station. Nobody was f*cking satisfied with that. Everything else, like adding car models and modifying the maps we weren't supposed to be able to do.

People want to make entire maps from scratch, make their own missions, do total conversions. We want the moddability that games like UT and HL have.

But I doubt that will happen. Those pricks.

user posted image

Centered-Effect

WTF is wrong wit u, my mate just got a new pc and i installed my gta3 on it, put everything on the highest and everything looks a f*ck load better, the light thing that u just showed us means nothing firstly cos wtf can we compare it too... pic please dipsh*t, and secondly u must have a sh*t pc for the lights to be like ur saying! THE PC VERSION IS SO MUCH SMOOTHER AND THE MODEL DETAIL IS A HELL OF ALOT BETTER NOW SHUT THE f*ck UP!

WTF is wrong wit u, my mate just got a new pc and i installed my gta3 on it, put everything on the highest and everything looks a f*ck load better, the light thing that u just showed us means nothing firstly cos wtf can we compare it too... pic please dipsh*t, and secondly u must have a sh*t pc for the lights to be like ur saying! THE PC VERSION IS SO MUCH SMOOTHER AND THE MODEL DETAIL IS A HELL OF ALOT BETTER NOW SHUT THE f*ck UP!

dude SHUT YOUR F*CK YOU DAMN NOOB

i have p4 1800mhz geforce3 64meg and i put it on max graphics!!!!

and still ps2 got some very cool effects that the pc doesnt have!!!

you should shut up now couse i know you never seen the ps2 version-it sucks exept the effects that THE PC DOESNT HAVE!!!!!!

YOU F*CKING MORON dont mess with me couse i know "A BIT" more than what you think you know....

damn jerk... :die:

u know what?

i`l take pics from pc and compare to ps2 to proof how gay you are

pc got lotta better grpahics..but it didnt have lot of the best effects the ps2 had

i`l give you pics from ps2 and pc-and show you exacly how lame it looks without those effects

........now please...we all know you never played the ps2 version...and you just talk some sh*t im not talking about graphics,im talking about visual effects,if you cant find the difference so you got a big brain damage

here is an example of how the car front lights on ps2 look like:

gta3_384.jpg

and on the pc its just yellow squares that doesnt effect nothing....i really hope vice city for pc will feature that effect

This is what I was talking about, when that retard started talking about trails on/off and whatnot.