1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Franklin VS. CJ

Broom__Handles

My vote goes to CJ of course. Here's why...

CJ was a much bigger gang banger than Franklin is. CJ single handily took over ALL of the gang territories in Los Santos including the Ballas and the Vagos. He fought against the Chinese mafias and double crossed the F.I.B. Not to forget he stole a $100,000,000 dollar jet-pack from a heavily armed, and secret top government base.

Franklin has done NOTHING for his gang besides going on two missions with Lamar which backfired horribly. He is Micheal's bitch. Micheal left him to die in a burning building without batting an eye. The only purpose of Franklin was to help keep Micheal and Trevor from killing each other. He hasn't accplished much on his own. Without Micheal or Trevor there to help him, where would he be.

And don't even bring in Franklin's driving. CJ beat Claude in a race.

Michael

CJ , franklin was a bad friend. CJ was the first protag with a family so of course hes going to listen to his older brother Because who wouldnt? happens all the time in real life , same with brucie. And CJ accomplished wayyy more in the end game than frank. Multiple properties across san andreas and multiple businesses. And they both follow people's orders so idk what yall talking about. So I guess it all comes down to preference and I prefer Carl Johnson. This thread should be locked to deter the pointless CJ bashing.

CJ , franklin was a bad friend. CJ was the first protag with a family so of course hes going to listen to his older brother Because who wouldnt? happens all the time in real life , same with brucie. And CJ accomplished wayyy more in the end game than frank. Multiple properties across san andreas and multiple businesses. And they both follow people's orders so idk what yall talking about. So I guess it all comes down to preference and I prefer Carl Johnson. This thread should be locked to deter the pointless CJ bashing.

It's only natural to bash a rival during a comparison. Edited by SuperGTFan

One more thing, Franklin is the more loyal Protag, when Haines and Norton ask that he kill Trevor after Lamar Down he flat out refuses saying "me and Trevor cool!" The only thing CJ was ever really loyal to was his own status in the world of the hip hop rich and famous.

You seem to have completely left out the part where he is able to kill Michael or Trevor.

You also seem to have missed how CJ regularly risked life and limb doing jobs for Toreno as he thought doing them would increase the chances of Sweet being released, which is ultimately what happened.

I'm seriously questioning wether people in this thread have actually played both games.

• Like 2
Official General

I wanna bump this thread, because I have a very vested opinion on this topic.

CJ is one of my least favorite GTA characters. Not only was he a complete whiner, but he was constantly emasculated, a wimp, constantly called dumb, narrow mined and did not have an agenda. His agenda was technically what other peoples agendas were. He had no of his own. Or people had to TELL him what his agenda was. A good example being his LITTLE sister. Who has been shown to be SMARTER than him. smdh. While GTA SA is my most favorite via the gameplay and characters. I rewatching all GTA SA missions on YouTube like a movie, I find it very unbearable to watch. Me being older, I am realizing that CJ may not be my least favorite, but most hated protagonist. Not only his constant whining, but also annoying emasculated voice to go with it.

And to be clear its not, because of the hood gangsta theme. That's actually what I LOVED about GTA SA. The thing is CJ ruined that for me. Matter fact me being older and watching GTA SA as a movie on Youtube, I don't even find CJ even gangsta or like he's from the him. His character does NOT scream gangsta. Meanwhile Ryder's character does. So does Big Smoke.

Franklin on the other hand is my favorite protagonist out of the three GTA 5 protagonist. Yes I agree Frank was a "yes man" and he did complain alot. But the thing is thats a BIG plus for Franklin is that he had is OWN agenda. He KNEW what he wanted! Which was to become rich. Not only that, but he did not seem like a whipping boy like CJ. He did not let people casually call him dumb. He spoke his mind unlike CJ. He did not let Trevor do to him what Catalina did to CJ. Franklin actually sounded and looked like he was from the hood. He did not have an annoying voice. He actually had ATTITUDE unlike CJ. He was also not narrow minded like CJ and was able to adapt to new settings.

To me Franklin was refreshing as an African-American protagonist and one from the hood.

Franklin was just wack man and boring. Seriously, straight up. He cared about nothing but himself, getting riches and living comfortably. In a crime game like GTA where you need the protag to have a reason to commit crimes for money, Franklin was effectively pointless once he got a million dollars and his mansion.

And everything that came out of Franklin's mouth was a moan or complaint. That's almost all he ever did. He began to make my ears ache.

Edited by Official General

This is a funny topic. V's and SA's story aren't even in the same universe. Ever notice how V's story is much more realistic and grounded, even if it does, at times, get a bit silly? You can't compare the "accomplishments" of these two characters based on the outrageousness of the sh*t they've done. I could just as easily bring Kratos into the equation and say he's a better character because he's KILLED GODS!

That said, I do prefer CJ, mostly because he was the only one in his game and we spent much more time with him so he had more time to develop as a character. But Franklin is a great character in the context of his own story, though.

CJ will knock the lights out of any HD character, let alone Franklin.

CJ's my favorite character closely followed by Niko.

I don't care much for any of the others.

I hate CJ thanks to SA fanboys but I do admit he's a better character than Franklin. Franklin whined and complained pretty much the whole story. I loved Michael for leaving him behind in the Bureau Raid. I do think the story would have been better without him, giving more time and development for Michael and Trevor

And everything that came out of Franklin's mouth was a moan or complaint. That's almost all he ever did. He began to make my ears ache.

i'm the only one who sees the irony in this post?

Edited by Midnight Hitman
  • Like 2

Why come in here starting e-beef?

• Like 1
Official General

Why come in here starting e-beef?

Exactly this. Rather than actually discuss the subject at hand he makes a comment to start internet beef with me hoping I'd respond, just like certain others on here. He's out of luck though, because I didn't even bother responding to it, he's forgotten that I long stopped entertaining all that bullsh*t. Edited by Official General

Although I don't like Franklin, I would cast my vote on him.

CJ was waaay too overrated. Sure, he did fit with the story of San Andreas but he was pretty much just pure bullsh*t. Through-out the story, he's all like "I want to do better, become better. Skip this killing and crap..." but at the end, he's just... doing what he does, killing people.

At least Franklin was honest about being a "criminal". Here you get him, he's saying he wants to get out of the groove street bullsh*t and do something bigger, something that gives him more money. THIS is why he gets my vote. Without bitching and moaning, he's just plain out saying he wants to hit "the big one".

CJ was waaay too overrated. Sure, he did fit with the story of San Andreas but he was pretty much just pure bullsh*t. Through-out the story, he's all like "I want to do better, become better. Skip this killing and crap..." but at the end, he's just... doing what he does, killing people.

The situations forced his hand. He's got to roll with the GSF, he's got to kill if he wants to win Sweet's trust and find out who killed his mom. And he's totally justified in killing traitors like Ryder and OG Loc and that douche Pulaski.

At least Franklin was honest about being a "criminal". Here you get him, he's saying he wants to get out of the groove street bullsh*t and do something bigger, something that gives him more money. THIS is why he gets my vote. Without bitching and moaning, he's just plain out saying he wants to hit "the big one".

Lmao, without bitching and moaning? Looks like you played a different version of the game.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I personally care nothing for either now! I don't play as Franklin ever once the story is over and I am currently working on my own version of an

"option D" which of course comes after C!!

Edited by A.O.D.88

GTASeriesVideos made their own version of "Option D" half a year ago. Just search "GTA 5 Karma is a b*tch".

I just watched that and now I know why you think Trevor and Michael are both dead!

Franklin always comes out unscathed as the sole survivor with you SuperGT, no matter what!

Edited by A.O.D.88

GTASeriesVideos made their own version of "Option D" half a year ago. Just search "GTA 5 Karma is a b*tch".

I just watched that and now I know why you think Trevor and Michael are both dead!

Franklin always comes out unscathed as the sole survivor with you SuperGT, no matter what!

What can I say, that dude just cannot be taken advantage of. Plus, we already killed off 3 protagonists two years ago. XD Edited by Xing of Virtue

What can I say, that dude just cannot be taken advantage of. Plus, we already killed off 3 protagonists two years ago. XD

Man you got that right!

• Like 1

i'm the only one who sees the irony in this post?post of the decade right here.

lol sorry og but this is gold

CJ's f*cking cool, I mean, the story overall is pretty bad but you can't tell me CJ wasn't cool at times. Whiny, dumb, portrayed well, can be very funny at times, and he's smart, or quick to learn things.

• Like 1
slimeball supreme

Frankie C.

Edited by Mr. Fahrenheit