3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Forum Support

3. Suggestions

No Man's Sky

UtricularEwe001

Richard Power Colt

Sigh. This is the only game that makes me wish I'd bought a PS4 instead of an XB1.

Elite Dangerous looks cool, but I tried the demo and I hated the controls so much, I could not fly the stupid space ship. I'd either crash into an asteroid or accidentally go hurtling off into space far away from the objective.

Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen are simulator games where as No Man's Sky seems a lot more arcadey and easier to play. No Man's Sky is probably the only one that I feel sure to buy, but I really wanna try out the other two as well. Had no idea that Elite: Dangerous has a demo so thanks for the info.

Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of the computer generated universes and what not? I don't expect their algorithms to produce flawless end products. Honestly worried about the tons of glitches they haven't found yet.. so I'm glad the game isn't released

VWSTp.png

RyanBurnsRed

here's the video :)

Oh great...more of the same footage for almost the past two years and still no release date.

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

ryanburnsred.gif

OysterBarron

Yeah I must admit I was half expecting a release date while doing this program but I've a feeling that it's Sony that is holding that info back and not Sean.

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

I feel like they're just not gonna announce a release date, and then just randomly release it one day.

VWSTp.png

Richard Power Colt

I feel like they're just not gonna announce a release date, and then just randomly release it one day.

I doubt that. It's not something game publishers usually do and it doesn't encourage pre-orders.

Candy_Licker

Am I the only one that doesn't like the idea of the computer generated universes and what not? I don't expect their algorithms to produce flawless end products. Honestly worried about the tons of glitches they haven't found yet.. so I'm glad the game isn't released

No, but not because of bugs, but because they are absolutely boring. I prefer 100 hand designed, thought-out and contextualized galaxies over billions of genric ones with no uniqueness/history.

Ridiculous to compare this to Star Citizen only because both are about space.

Basicially, this doesn't even have gameplay, or atleast they are hiding it well. Just 'exploring' will inevitably disappoint a lot of people who fill the blankets of information about the game with their wildest fantasies.

• Like 1

Richard Power Colt

No, but not because of bugs, but because they are absolutely boring. I prefer 100 hand designed, thought-out and contextualized galaxies over billions of genric ones with no uniqueness/history.

Ridiculous to compare this to Star Citizen only because both are about space.

Basicially, this doesn't even have gameplay, or atleast they are hiding it well. Just 'exploring' will inevitably disappoint a lot of people who fill the blankets of information about the game with their wildest fantasies.

I think Sean has made it pretty clear that there is more to the gameplay than just exploring although I don't think it'll be as deep as Star Citizen or Elite: Dangerous. No Man's Sky seems more arcadey and relaxing opposed to those two. And it's fair to say that a lot of the time, procedurally generated worlds end up being boring. I do hope No Man's Sky is an exception to that. I find it pretty interesting that even the creatures are apparently procedurally generated. I guess it might just work similarly to something like Spore though.

Edited by Nutsack McQueen

RyanBurnsRed

At E3 didn't they say they would have announce a release date soon?

Everyone assumed it would be a 2015 title, but that's looking less and less likely as the months go by. Some have said Sony is holding the game back to make it a PSVR launch title.

Edited by RyanBurnsRed

ryanburnsred.gif

Richard Power Colt

I was under the impression that it's coming out some time next year, but they just haven't announced an exact date.

RyanBurnsRed

Back at E3, Hello Games Founder Sean Murray said the No Man’s Sky release date announcement on PlayStation 4 and PC was planned for the event, but was pushed back ” for reasons” and would instead be revealed soon after. Then, with No Man’s Sky getting a month of coverage from IGN throughout July, many expected the announcement would happen today, the last day of the month.

Sony said earlier this year that No Man’s Sky would be a big part of their Holiday 2015 PS4 line-up, but their official website now lists the release date as “TBD.”

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/07/31/no-mans-sky-release-date-hasnt-announced-yet-due-things-outside-hello-games-control/

Well whatever the circumstances are I hope they don't plan on dragging it out any longer. All the press releases of showing the same things is killing the hype for a lot of people.

ryanburnsred.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I saw that was kinda bummed was really hoping it was this year.

• Like 2

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

Probably will get pushed back :p

ppNaW16.png

• 2 months later...

Probably will get pushed back :p

I think that is highly unlikely. It was supposed to come out late 2015 but got pushed back to June 2016. Since it is a timed Sony exclusive I think it is way too much of a coincidence that it is coming out at exactly the same time than Playstation VR. I'm willing to bet money (and I'm not the only one) that the delay is due to the fact that they're trying to incorporate VR into the game which, by the way, would be freakin amazing!

For some strange reason I thought it was in March for the longest while

ryanburnsred.gif

Geralt of Rivia

For some strange reason I thought it was in March for the longest while

It's an easy mistake to make; you also think you have a good computer when you can't even run PS2 at 60 fps.

It's an easy mistake to make; you also think you have a good computer when you can't even run PS2 at 60 fps.

Look at you trying to be edgy. Don't even try mate, you won't win lol.

You should look into getting that fan replaced, or did you spend it all on that poor man's Titan X?

Get rekt m8

ryanburnsred.gif

This game looks amazing but I don't know about a whole universe to explore things. I wonder what else we can do in the game. In one of the gameplay videos they showed that you can fight pirates and kill animals. I think exploration would get boring after a while.

Edited by TheGoatKing

Richard Power Colt

I'd probably spend the time trying to get to a friend of mine(unless they're like a million lightyears away and it just ain't happening) and to the center of the universe.

This game looks amazing but I don't know about a whole universe to explore things. I wonder what else we can do in the game. In one of the gameplay videos they showed that you can fight pirates and kill animals. I think exploration would get boring after a while.

First of all, if you say you might get bored of exploring it I'd highly recommend you don't get the game. It is, first and foremost, an exploration game. You get to name, from what I understand, everything you discover from planets to animals. Maybe solar systems too?

There are no guidelines to the game (except for getting to the center of the galaxy you spawn in), and do whatever you want. There are factions that you can join and help out and, in return, will help you out when you're in trouble.

That's pretty much all I know about it, and Hello Games are keeping alot of information to themselves.

I, for one, cannot wait. I'm riding the hype train with many others.

Edited by sebcreed

Geralt of Rivia

I'd probably spend the time trying to get to a friend of mine(unless they're like a million lightyears away and it just ain't happening) and to the center of the universe.

I can tell you right now it won't happen lol.

First of all, if you say you might get bored of exploring it I'd highly recommend you don't get the game. It is, first and foremost, an exploration game. You get to name, from what I understand, everything you discover from planets to animals. Maybe solar systems too?

There are no guidelines to the game (except for getting to the center of the galaxy you spawn in), and do whatever you want. There are factions that you can join and help out and, in return, will help you out when you're in trouble.

That's pretty much all I know about it, and Hello Games are keeping alot of information to themselves.

I, for one, cannot wait. I'm riding the hype train with many others.

I am excited for it. It looks really good but I think it would get boring after a while. I probably would get it during a Steam sale for cheap.

I am excited for it. It looks really good but I think it would get boring after a while. I probably would get it during a Steam sale for cheap.

Yeah I hear you, even though they're a small indie company (because of the massive hype) I think they will put a full AAA price tag on it.

Only time will tell if the procedural generation will get too repetitive, and you start to see the same aliens with different skins. I personally don't think it will be so but, who knows, I could be wrong.

Hello Games have said that the environment will get more interesting the closer you get to the center of the galaxy, with better ships, and weirder creatures. I guess this is where you get better hyper-drive upgrades so you can start visiting other galaxies. sh*t this game is massive! I can't wait.

I like that Chewy gif of yours by the way.

Edited by sebcreed

Yeah I hear you, even though they're a small indie company (because of the massive hype) I think they will put a full AAA price tag on it.

Only time will tell if the procedural generation will get too repetitive, and you start to see the same aliens with different skins. I personally don't think it will be so but, who knows, I could be wrong.

Hello Games have said that the environment will get more interesting the closer you get to the center of the galaxy, with better ships, and weirder creatures. I guess this is where you get better hyper-drive upgrades so you can start visiting other galaxies. sh*t this game is massive! I can't wait.

I like that Chewy gif of yours by the way.

Yeah man. He's fighting over C-3PO's parts lol

I don't have a PS4. I'm hoping either my laptop will be able to run it (which I'm doubting) or Microsoft will stop being a bunch of snobs and let it come to XB1.

It really looks fun and unique. And I love the art style, the colours are so cool, like some retro 70's or 80's sci-fi comic book.

NMS is a timed exclusive so I do think it will be coming to XB1, the only question is how long will it be exclusively for PS4. They (Hello Games) were talking about how it was finally possible to run games like this on the new gen consoles. Is your laptop as powerful as a current gen console?

If you like the art style of this game you should definitely check out a game, also under development, called ''Planet Nomads'' which is also an absolute gem of a game. If I have my info right, it will be coming to PC first with plans to come to both consoles.

You crash land on a planet with limited resources. There is base building involved, and the goal is to eventually build your own spaceship and fly away where, I believe, you explore other planets.

@TheGoatKing if you're reading this, this might be a game more suited to your liking!

I'm not a fan of console exclusives either. At least these are only timed so there is at least some hope of them going to their competitors' platforms. I'm purely a console (PS4) player myself as I have no desire to learn about and upkeep a computer to play the latest games year after year. A new 400 Euro console every 7 or so years seems just about right to me, thank you very much! lol

There is another crowd funded game called ''Star Citizen'', but alas, its only coming to high end PCs. They have said they have no desire whatsoever to release it to consoles. That, in my opinion, is a huge mistake as I think the console market is big, and is continuing to grow. It does look amazing though.

You know, I actually have never heard of Elite Dangerous so thanks for mentioning it! It looks like my kinda game. Too bad its a XB1 timed exclusive! :p But I defo will be checking it out when it releases on PS4. By the way, has it been released on XB1 yet?

Many articles are mentioning that 2016 is the year of space games making a comeback, and I do hope sandbox space exploration does become a thing. Sandbox style games are what I enjoy playing most. With procedural generation becoming more popular I think we're witnessing the start of something we, or at least I, could have only dreamt about a decade ago.

Richard Power Colt

I'm not a fan of console exclusives either. At least these are only timed so there is at least some hope of them going to their competitors' platforms. I'm purely a console (PS4) player myself as I have no desire to learn about and upkeep a computer to play the latest games year after year. A new 400 Euro console every 7 or so years seems just about right to me, thank you very much! lol

There is another crowd funded game called ''Star Citizen'', but alas, its only coming to high end PCs. They have said they have no desire whatsoever to release it to consoles. That, in my opinion, is a huge mistake as I think the console market is big, and is continuing to grow. It does look amazing though.

You know, I actually have never heard of Elite Dangerous so thanks for mentioning it! It looks like my kinda game. Too bad its a XB1 timed exclusive! :p But I defo will be checking it out when it releases on PS4. By the way, has it been released on XB1 yet?

Many articles are mentioning that 2016 is the year of space games making a comeback, and I do hope sandbox space exploration does become a thing. Sandbox style games are what I enjoy playing most. With procedural generation becoming more popular I think we're witnessing the start of something we, or at least I, could have only dreamt about a decade ago.

From what I've heard of Star Citizen, the whole point is to kind of be a very impressive and large-scale PC master-race game. They would probably have a hard time optimizing it for consoles.

I'm kind of hoping it will too, I read MS said that they have a policy of either "first or equal rights" to a game's release. That's pretty stupid, but they said they might make an exception in this case, I'm just waiting for them to say yay or nay.

I have no idea if my laptop could run it, I've not tried running any games except GTA III. I don't know a lot about tech and graphics cards and stuff.

Planet Nomads look ok. Do you think that these kind of "space sandbox" games are going to become a thing? That's three I count so far: Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky and Planet Nomads.

You should check out this topic to build a PC. It's not that hard. I don't know how to upgrade laptops but if I were you I would consider building a PC if you have the money. It's worth it in the long run because you can upgrade it whenever you want, Steam Sales, cheaper games, GOG sales, GMG sales, other sales, free internet and more.

Building a PC isn't hard. We have a guide for it all ready. It's not expensive either. That's a myth. BUT! I want to get a PS4 to play the PS4 exclusives. :p That'll be pretty expensive though. I have money saved but I don't want to touch it. Can you buy ps3 games on PSN?

Edited by TheGoatKing

Richard Power Colt

Don't forget sites like Humble Bundle and groupees.com. You can get games for dirt cheap on PC.