No Man's Sky

UtricularEwe001

Does anyone know if any of the save editors lets you remove the settlement connection? I hate all the management stuff in the game, like functional bases and freighters but I got caught out by the settlement thing and now it's just one more thing that the game is nagging me about. I just want to play in Relaxed mode as a lone space explorer doing relic & artifact hunting with some occasional explorer missions... like taking photos, scanning minerals etc... alongside following the story. I am probably one of the very few people that really liked the launch version and used to spend 5 - 6 hours each night just chilling on different planets. I used to play it on PS4 through a projector though so it was pretty cool to play like that on a big screen. Now I am on PC and am starting from scratch.

I suspect you can't break the connection but I don't have the save editor to check and I don't want to make a Nexusmods account just for that... I don't want a Nexusmods account at all really so I was also going to ask if anyone actually had the save editor. Or is the one on GitHub just as good?

Edit: Just noticed that Nom Nom is also on GitHub, so that resolves the Nexus problem. I will download it and see what it can do.

Edit: You can change settlement values but you can't remove it... I will just have to make sure it isn't ever the active mission/objective.

Edited by LeeC22

• 3 weeks later...

With all these updates from different games I'm not keeping up 😅 so another chance to gain expedition limited items like the current one I'm trying to get the pirate cape! I just started and I have a couple days left 😨 but here is the schedule

spacer.png

Expedition rewards come back all the time from what I've seen, either through in-game reruns or Twitch drops. Or if you play on PC a quick and easy file edit can get you them all.

They usually do it end of year but just for that year for this case it's the 2022 expeditions and not the 2021 expeditions, they do put some items on twitch but not all of them. For my case I'm on ps5 on this game. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm amazed it's all still free lol. They're not a one man team so it must still be selling well if they can continue to pump out free updates, they've not even slowed down the rate of them really.

I have noticed it's got that telltale sign of a game that's doing well in sales though cause they no longer discount the game as heavily as they used to. That's always a classic sign of a game doing well.

• Like 2

El Cavilldo

FtUmm9XWAAAU8SV?format=jpg&name=large

I've just start last November playing this game, and it's just a wonderful inspiring experience. And I think we've just barely scratched the surface of what No Man's Sky could achieve.

Renowned studios with tens of the manpower and budget of Hello Games would wish they can have the same love and passion for its projects. 

Think I might have said it before but what this game now sorely misses is ships with interiors. Being able to land, get out of the seat and walk out your shop would be the chefs kiss for this game, not to mention it'd also open up a lot of potential doors for content.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
El Cavilldo

I wish GTA Online had a photomode as good as No Man’s Sky's.

FuWX6qhWIAMU_FY?format=jpg&name=large

Half of my gameplay is just scouting spots to take screenshots while on missions.

• Like 3

Failed Again

DL last night on GP..

checking it out

Well just beginning and it seems like it could be fun, I am using the simplest difficulty -

so what I've it seen so far -it has  potential.🧑‍🚀

Edited by Failed Again
  • Best Bru 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Curious to see where they go, looks like new space stations at least, which are cool but nothing ground breaking. There is speculation we'll get to make our own spacestations which could also be cool, but that is pure speculation.

For me my last wish for NMS remains ships with interiors, multicrew ships essentially. I wanna be able to walk into my ship, decorate it, interact with the interior and then hop into the pilot seat. Doesn't look like it's happening w/ the next update but it'd be a good last hurrah for the game IMO.

• 2 months later...

Omega update 

Free fly weekend, new expedition just started as well and starborn ship 🤔 looks like I'll be logging in again looks fun. 

• Best Bru 1

• 1 month later...

That's another really really nice update for the game. Do wonder when they're gonna finally stop lmao.

I had a very brief look, the new stations and interiors are a step above visual wise, they look great, though I do hope they expand the ship creation to more than the original three types in future.

I still want the multicrew ships with interiors, that's the one thing I hope they add still, but damn man. I feel like starting NMS today would be a really fantastic experience with all the new additions, I'm half tempted my self to start a new save one day.

• Like 2
  • Best Bru 1

• 2 months later...

I've been thinking of trying NMS again, but I dunno if I might be a bit overwhelmed with the amount of updates it's had since my last play of it. That being said, the Adrift update looks like something I'd want to check out, love the whole alternative universe thingy: 

Some of the expedition stuff sounds cool but tbh in a game like NMS I simply have no interest in ever starting over, I just don't think it's a game that suits a seasons style of play at all. Obviously it's all optional, but it makes updates like this do nothing for me.

I couldn't even begin to imagine what it's like starting from scratch in the game today either, there's a lot of things to do now and if it front loads that onto you it'd be pretty overwhelming for sure.