Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,677 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Badass Big J

GTA IV

Badass Big J

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, f*ck PatrickW

Tycek

What? How the hell mod for SA has something to do with IV?

Badass Big J

What? How the hell mod for SA has something to do with IV?

i saw it from some website

AnDReJ98

Yes. Events affect on 'Rockstar's mind' as Dan Houser said, and if it affect on Rockstar, it also affect on game they are currently working on. The scandal with Hot coffee made situation worse and that's why IV was too dark, explained by Dan Houser. Same when they succeeded with III, Rockstar was so happy, and that's why Vice City was sunny, with great atmosphere and all. But IV is still great game IMO.

Badass Big J

Yes. Events affect on 'Rockstar's mind' as Dan Houser said, and if it affect on Rockstar, it also affect on game they are currently working on. The scandal with Hot coffee made situation worse and that's why IV was too dark, explained by Dan Houser. Same when they succeeded with III, Rockstar was so happy, and that's why Vice City was sunny, with great atmosphere and all. But IV is still great game IMO.

is it patrickws fault

AnDReJ98

Well, i don't know that case very precisely. But i'm sure, it's not Patrick's fault, at least not 100% his. Rockstar made hot coffee but it was deactivated, and then as i know (not sure if 100% true), Patrick activated it. You see, if you look, it's Rockstar's fault from beginning. But i'm not sure my words are all true, since it's old story.

Badass Big J

thanks man

ten-a-penny

I hated IV since the first play. :angry:

Algonquin Assassin

Whatever the reason GTA IV's dark and dreary look/atmosphere is perfect for a GTA game IMO.

Majestic81

It adds to the atmosphere.

Bertanius

The game's dark and gloomy nature is designed like that to intersect with how Niko felt at the time. He was trapped in a large, congested city that was bad in every way, he had no idea where he was, or who he was, he felt alone, sad, and thought nothing could be fixed. The city's gloomy look adds to that dark nature of a city riddled with crime on every street, and how Niko felt in all of it, no matter where he went, he was stuck in this wasteland with nowhere to go, and nothing to cheer him up. The "American dream" changed nothing for him, and just like his home country, Liberty City was a place he didn't want to be in.

Seems like Rockstar put more effort into the gloominess of GTA IV than all of GTA V...

B Dawg

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, THANK YOU PatrickW

Fixed haha :p

namor

The game's dark and gloomy nature is designed like that to intersect with how Niko felt at the time. He was trapped in a large, congested city that was bad in every way, he had no idea where he was, or who he was, he felt alone, sad, and thought nothing could be fixed. The city's gloomy look adds to that dark nature of a city riddled with crime on every street, and how Niko felt in all of it, no matter where he went, he was stuck in this wasteland with nowhere to go, and nothing to cheer him up. The "American dream" changed nothing for him, and just like his home country, Liberty City was a place he didn't want to be in.

Seems like Rockstar put more effort into the gloominess of GTA IV than all of GTA V...

Very articulately and eruditely put, my dear chap. I certainly feel the same way about it whenever I start up IV, which is more frequently after having beaten V, just to get the sour taste of the driving physics and short story out of my system.

Badass Big J

Why does the game looked so dark and foggy the whole time? It's like a living Silent Hill city. Is it because of the Hot Coffee mod in SA? Then, THANK YOU PatrickW

Fixed haha :p

wtffff lulz

Black & White

I hated IV since the first play. :angry:

Adapt Niko's life into your own and think of the struggle. Niko is depressed and has so many haunting memories. He was betrayed by his friend and some of other friends were sold out and ambushed. He witnessed so many sinister things and promises himself that he will not get into trouble like that ever again. Niko moves to Liberty City and is persuaded to come by his cousin, Roman Bellic. Roman lied to Niko and in actual fact it was a waste of time for Niko to move to Liberty City. Niko, without a job, was forced to commit crimes in order to make quick money and to experience the true American Dream. The black city fits Niko's personality and is a perfect match for him.