Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,304 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
E•MO•TION

Los Santos Transit

E•MO•TION

As a public transportation geek, I thought I'd create a few bus routes throughout Los Santos to compliment the existing subway system. I started by completing the bus route from

:

Z0EUuhA.png

(Yes, the map for this route is incomplete as it's missing a few details such as some street names and landmarks.) This route should take about 22 minutes to drive leaving the player with an 8 minute layover at the Dashound Station (assuming a 30-minute frequency).

This task is proving to be a little difficult due to the lack of bus stops in the game, after all, Los Santos has one of the worst public transportation systems in the world. ;) That being said, some of the stops will be in the form of lamp posts.

In addition to the individual route maps, I've been working on a system map for Los Santos Transit which I won't post in this thread because it's much bigger than I thought. I have tried to style both the system map and individual route maps as closely as possible to those by the real-world Metro (LACMTA) in Los Angeles.

I know this is kind of silly, considering that you can't even pick up people at the few bus stops around Los Santos, but since GTA IV this has my way of getting to know the city. Some days I just like to come home and cruise around Liberty City or Los Santos and take in all the detail.

Anyway, besides showing off my limited Inkscape skills, or the fact that I couldn't find the Fanmade Map thread to post this, I just wanted to see if anyone else was doing something similar. :)

Edited by 2281

PeriodZeroHero

Thank you, i hate when threads like these flop but when their is some thread with a guy complaining about being killed over and over it gets 5 pages. smh

visionist

I like that map, good job.

PhillBellic

As I am interested in how public transport can enhance the livaility of a city this sounds very interesting. :colgate:

PeriodZeroHero

As I am interested in how public transport can enhance the livaility of a city this sounds very interesting. :colgate:

what he said tbh

Andrewine

What bugs me is the unfinished train line which was meant to reach vinewood area. Rockstar should have made it where it gets more complete towards the end of the story. Anyways, the LST train is VERY slow. It's tunnels looks unfinished. Really bugs me.

bensons

Keep up the good work 2281

PhillBellic

What bugs me is the unfinished train line which was meant to reach vinewood area. Rockstar should have made it where it gets more complete towards the end of the story. Anyways, the LST train is VERY slow. It's tunnels looks unfinished. Really bugs me.

What bugs me (sorry) is why they could not have two seperate metro/light lines in the game and why did they hybridise it? I feel that the railway system would have looked far better with one wholly underground railway with surface depots/stabling yards wihch would make the system more complete. Furthermore the inclusion of a seperate light rail system intersecting strategically at larger stations would have looked far better in my eyes. Appropriate rolling stock for each type of railway should've been incorporated. An annoyance of mine is the lack of switches placed in certain points.

Cheers. :colgate:

ashleyman

Can we use the subway? I went down into the subway by the airport and no train ever arrived.

Does it only work in SP or MP or not at all?

Nice bus map! Can we board buses in MP?

Joonas08Joonas

Can we use the subway? I went down into the subway by the airport and no train ever arrived.

Does it only work in SP or MP or not at all?

Nice bus map! Can we board buses in MP?

Yes, you can use the subway. It works in SP AND MP, however the train is very slow. In SP, once you get in, it triggers a certain camera and that's boring. In MP, once you get on at a stop, (At least from my 2 experiences) the doors stay open enabling you to fire out from it.

You cannot board buses at all in GTA, but it is possible in MP if another player is driving.

PeriodZeroHero

i think their extending a line in the Hollywood area but it won't be done til the 2030's cause of the NIMBY pieces of sh*t in the area :/

rob243

off topic but i was elevators the offer day in the tram station at the airport do they work ?

DaRkL3AD3R

i think their extending a line in the Hollywood area but it won't be done til the 2030's cause of the NIMBY pieces of sh*t in the area :/

NIMBY... I HATE that sh*t. There's a compete cell phone dead zone around my town all because the yuppies with their 750k+ houses in the woods don't want any tower remotely visible. So annoying.

PhillBellic

NIMBY... I HATE that sh*t. There's a compete cell phone dead zone around my town all because the yuppies with their 750k+ houses in the woods don't want any tower remotely visible. So annoying.

Eventually a NIMBY turns into a BANANA, (Build Absolutely Nothing Anywhere Near Anything).

E•MO•TION

It looks like someone somewhere beat me to it! ;)

http://i.imgur.com/Wkoxlib.jpg

Impressive nonetheless.

Edited by 2281

Romans Cousin Niko

Impressive nonetheless.

What's the source on that, 2281? And are you actually following buses around the city to work out the route(s)?

I tried doing it but I'm not sure whether the buses go around randomly or not.

Tacymist

Awesome job, thanks, I like to drive around and take in all the detail as well. Now this will allow me to roleplay as a bus driver, one that will have to settle for picking up imaginary passengers, but a bus driver nonetheless!

Gutslab

Impressive nonetheless.

What's the source on that, 2281? And are you actually following buses around the city to work out the route(s)?

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1sru2a/so_i_made_a_bus_map_yes_i_have_no_life_enjoy/

GTAKid667

That's a very good map you have created, thanks for sharing! :^:

Romans Cousin Niko

It looks like someone somewhere beat me to it! ;)http://i.imgur.com/Wkoxlib.jpg

Impressive nonetheless.

source: http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftAutoV/comments/1sru2a/so_i_made_a_bus_map_yes_i_have_no_life_enjoy/

Cheers. :^: