Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,029 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

DlZZEE

Lindsay Lohan to sue over GTA 5

DlZZEE

Mean Girls and The Parent Trap actress Lindsay Lohan is planning to sue Rockstar Games, claiming the developer used her image without permission for Grand Theft Auto V.

That's according to a TMZ report, which claims Lohan's lawyers are in the process of drafting a lawsuit against Rockstar Games that demands "serious money."

No official lawsuit has been filed yet, so it is unclear which part or component of GTAV featured a likeness that Lohan claims is similar to her's.

TMZ points out that GTAV's box art features a woman holding a cellphone who somewhat resembles Lohan. The game also features a mission that has players taking home a Lohan-esque character to escape the paparazzi.

GTAV also features a mission at a hotel resembling Chateau Marmont in West Hollywood--a place where Lohan visits often and lived for a period of time.

We've reached out to Rockstar Games and parent company Take-Two Interactive for comment.

If Lohan does indeed sue Rockstar over GTAV, her lawsuit would not be the first the game has faced legal action since its record-setting launch in September. Rapper Daz Dillinger accused Rockstar in October of using two of his songs in the game without permission, demanding that Rockstar give him more money for the songs or destroy all remaining unsold copies of GTAV.

Original article here:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/lindsay-lohan-to-sue-over-gta-5/1100-6416493/

Tilemaxx

This is hilarious.

RonaGui

RyanBurnsRed

She just wants money for more crack

Lock n' Stock

Spoiled self-entitled brat.

saintsrow

I saw a pug-ugly, dumpy-ass NPC pedestrian walking around downtown Los Santos, and clearly Rockstar used my likeness, fashion interests, my daily route to Burger Shot, and my general bearing, as a model for this character. I will be filing a mother-huge lawsuit on Monday, to get my share of the deep pockets $1B GTAV windfall. :colgate:

EDIT: And furthermore, my pet Rottweiler looks just like Chop, and I am sure that Rockstar also used him as a model without obtaining his permission or signing a model release and movie deal for him, so my dog will be filing a similar lawsuit as well.

Edited by saintsrow

Tashan

Wow, I wonder what if she wins? :D

Killerdude

She just wants to be relevant again...

I wait to see what Court will actually take this case.

Lock n' Stock

Who honestly cares about this trampy smackhead? She's probably just greedy for more money or attention.

Tashan

Everybody is if given the opportunity

sukmieazz

Lol this is pathetic. The blonde with the phone looks so much more like Kate Upton than Lohan, and if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, she's calling herself a trashy psychotic skank (which she is, but I don't think she knows).

Polish_Trucker

and if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, she's calling herself a trashy psychotic skank (which she is, but I don't think she knows).

:lol:

But anyway, if she thinks Poppy Mitchell is a copy of her, why didn't she sue R* when The Ballad of Gay Tony came out? :blink:

Wolfhuman

What? She is crazy.

BarelyLegal

I saw a pug-ugly, dumpy-ass NPC pedestrian walking around downtown Los Santos, and clearly Rockstar used my likeness, fashion interests, my daily route to Burger Shot, and my general bearing, as a model for this character. I will be filing a mother-huge lawsuit on Monday, to get my share of the deep pockets $1B GTAV windfall. :colgate:

EDIT: And furthermore, my pet Rottweiler looks just like Chop, and I am sure that Rockstar also used him as a model without obtaining his permission or signing a model release and movie deal for him, so my dog will be filing a similar lawsuit as well.

liar there r no interors noob

boxmonster

Did she sue for the rap in GTA IV that rhymed Bohan with Lohan? If not, she probably should because this is even more pointless.

Edited by boxmonster

JumpingKentFlash

As Fabien would say: the ASShoele.....

FranklinDeRoosevelt

She's definitely overdosed on crack. What was the point in going rehab if you aren't going to change you ugly, spoilt, flop actress?

Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt

ShadowDog94

Attention seeking brats everywhere. First Ellen Page with The Last of Us and now Lindsay Lohan with GTA V. Celebrities should just stay away from video games.

Teo265

Attention seeking brats everywhere. First Ellen Page with The Last of Us and now Lindsay Lohan with GTA V. Celebrities should just stay away from video games.

I disagree, it would be awesome to see Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone and Steven Seagal as GTA protagonists! :)

Oh the trio of bad acting skills and faces... Too hilarious... :D

Oh oh and the perfect idea for bank robbery planner: Morgan Freeman! Morgan over Lester any time!

Edited by Teo265

Bertanius

This shows a perfect example of what society is like nowadays, so obsessed with money that they will do anything just to get it. There's a hardware store in GTA V that uses my name, I'm going to sue them over that, characters wear clothing, and so do I, so I'm going to sue them for "using my image without permission". Why must they all be so obsessed with money? Does having attention make them feel good about themselves? What is so special about getting attention? I bet she just made that up to either get attention, money, or both, there's no way she can be serious, did she trademark that specific pose? I don't think so. And the other part about suing over a building? Wow, you can't sue a company because a building where you used to live is in a game...

You don't see the inventor of the wheel suing Rockstar for using round objects. I hope the only thing Rockstar & Take-Two do at the court (if it gets to there) is laugh, nothing but laugh at how much of a joke this is. Most of society has turned into money-obsessed phone addicts who get attention by constantly posting things on pointless social networking sites.

Teo265

I hope the only thing Rockstar & Take-Two do at the court (if it gets to there) is laugh, nothing but laugh at how much of a joke this is. Most of society has turned into money-obsessed phone addicts who get attention by constantly posting things on pointless social networking sites.

I would like to see that aswell. Rockstar's lawyers laughing to Lohan in court, making her feel humiliated after making a scene of her imaginary looks :D

kvic

The girl in the bikini doesn't look like a crack whore.

Zodape

The girl in the artwork looks nothing like her.

Go home, Lohan, you are drunk.

user14

Bitch wants more money

FranklinDeRoosevelt

Why couldn't she die instead of Paul Walker? :(:(

She is a waste of space.

AlexL

Oh they made someone in the game look similar to me, let's sue them for millions of f*cking dollars!

Zodape

Oh they made someone in the game look similar to me, let's sue them for millions of f*cking dollars!

Soon they'll get sued by Steven Ogg aswell.

AlexL

Soon they'll get sued by Steven Ogg aswell.

Lol