3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

tadd

Game File Mystery Hunt...

talkol

ok, last but not least for today..

the zancudo ufo xdr embedded textures (dt1_tc_dufo_core.xdr)

http://imgur.com/a/SSo0A

the really cool bit is that we can finally see the internal cockpit texture in clear detail (in the last image)!

edit: now that we have proper xdr -> xtd conversion all textures open without junk and with proper names:

http://imgur.com/gUYwqro - some embedded texture labeled EMP (electro magnetic pulse?)

http://imgur.com/LL4G1Qr - cockpit with name and no junk

and one more thought i had.. dufo = drone_ufo??

Edited by talkol

interdpth_

Displaying a texture now :D

9DNRjbU.png

Fixed the crash

ZfobECg.png

Edited by interdpth_

nezia

awesome work!

talkol

Displaying a texture now :D

amazing work!

somebody slap me, you're actually going to pull off the xdr -> xtd

if you have xtd all figured out, shouldn't be hard to locate the texture headers in an xdr (you can even search for the magic if you don't want to bother with the xdr header) and build an xtd header around them

people will go nuts with this

Edited by talkol

interdpth_

talkol, could you possibly get on the #chiliadmystery IRC channel? Need your help.

In the process of cracking textures in xdrs now.

Edited by interdpth_

talkol

we figured it out much thanks to interdpth's awesome headers and code..

method to manually convert a XDR to XTD:

1. copy xdr file to extension xtd

2. search in hex editor for value 0x4cad8100

3. copy from this pos 0x20 bytes

4. paste them over the 0x20 bytes in offset 0x10 (the top)

done

open in dageron's xtd viewer

and to those of u familiar with XTD file format, u have to admit this is one cool cookie :)

Edited by talkol

interdpth_

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lrzvy0

Double click, and it'll try to convert all xdr textures to dxt or whatever the texture format is now lol.

Or you can drag a single xdr.

Some files might not convert, drag it manually. Source is included

CallMeGoob

I'm a noob with all this im in to save editor and stuff but when I was hardcore on finding the jetpack we rang rockstar and they said the jetpack itself is in the save files and can be found online.

talkol

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lrzvy0

Double click, and it'll try to convert all xdr textures to dxt or whatever the texture format is now lol.

Or you can drag a single xdr.

Some files might not convert, drag it manually. Source is included

to all of you who didn't catch that...

this amazing tool by interdpth will go over all XDR files in current directory and convert them automatically to XTD so you can view all the textures inside! use responsibly, we don't want to solve the mystery too quickly :)

(runs only on windows, will NOT work on CDR, please switch to XDR since we do most research on xbox anyways)

interdpth, you rock man!

guys, look how much progress we made the last couple of days.

every man, woman or child that can look at files, hold a hex editor, or do some programming is invited, don't stand idle, we shall soon conquer all

Edited by talkol

tadd

Guys this is amazing work!!!

Thank you both for your dedication...

i am using ps3 files myself so was a kick in the nuts that i cant use this but i will look for interesting .cdr files and you guys can find the .xdr version... until i can get my hands on the xbox version anyway lol

well, hunt is on for interesting files i guess (and there are many)

@talkol... that cockpit has to be proof we can enter the ufo does it not? Or is the cockpit viewable from outside the windows?

also from those same textures, did you see the danger and a footprint? Almost like dont stand there as this can OPEN lol

good work guys, only went to sleep and woke up to this!!

I get what you mean about .cdr being messy though, couldnt get my head around your technique but i get it now you are working with .xdr...

so, whose gonna get at these textures and post the pics for us, i will write up a list of files i found that seem interesting if someone can get the textures out?

tonywehbe

what about this one: prop_alien_egg_01.xdr

tadd

Talkol did that one on page 1 i think it was... was the first one he did after the mountain clue.

tadd

ok, last but not least for today..

the zancudo ufo xdr embedded textures (dt1_tc_dufo_core.xdr)

http://imgur.com/a/SSo0A

the really cool bit is that we can finally see the internal cockpit texture in clear detail (in the last image)!

edit: now that we have proper xdr -> xtd conversion all textures open without junk and with proper names:

http://imgur.com/gUYwqro - some embedded texture labeled EMP (electro magnetic pulse?)

http://imgur.com/LL4G1Qr - cockpit with name and no junk

and one more thought i had.. dufo = drone_ufo??

think the EMP could be the screen distortion when you get close and it cuts engines, looks like the distorted screen i thought anyway.

edit: gonna post this in the decoding thread for the hunters to theories over.

Edited by tadd

jkd69

Awesome game file hunters I now worship from afar- the face glyph has been bugging me since it was found, could I please make a request that if you or anybody finds it could they please post some info on it- maybe if we know what they call it it may give us some new direction

tadd

We are working on locating a lot of suspicious files, but this is on the list also.

talkol

@talkol... that cockpit has to be proof we can enter the ufo does it not? Or is the cockpit viewable from outside the windows?

I don't think the cockpit is proof either way, it's just what you currently see in the model through the outside windows. Some people claimed they saw the alien runes animation through the windows and now we can discuss this without the in-game noise.

Regarding going over the files, I'm dedicating myself to the next steps like XDR -> WDR (so we can view the models). I hope somebody takes charge of using interdpth's tool to discover stuff.

And tadd, it's better that you switch to xbox files. I have a ps3 console myself and I'm not touching the ps3 files, they are much harder to work with

tadd

Thanks for the update dude, full models would be excellent...

and i'm doing something about the ps3 > xbox files as we speak mate. (Which is really annoying cos i sat there and got every rpf out of the ps3 files yesterday, f.m.l!! lol)

tadd

Oh and update in regards to the glyphs...

(For everyone else, talkol)

still no faded, half or sand glyphs have been found in the files yet, so if anyone with the files needs a job, finding them would be it...

also found it interesting you couldnt find the redeye glyph in the .xdr ... where would that be then? Lol

and also one final thing... for some reason the mural file is .xtd on xbox files and should be a .ctd on ps3, but its not lol its a .cdr (any reason you can think of for that?)

talkol

Oh and update in regards to the glyphs...

(For everyone else, talkol)

still no faded, half or sand glyphs have been found in the files yet, so if anyone with the files needs a job, finding them would be it...

also found it interesting you couldnt find the redeye glyph in the .xdr ... where would that be then? Lol

and also one final thing... for some reason the mural file is .xtd on xbox files and should be a .ctd on ps3, but its not lol its a .cdr (any reason you can think of for that?)

hmm.. all I saw in the redeye xdr is a palette file (probably for the red color)

and it references the moon glyph texture in the xtd

so there's a chance that instead of making a new texture of a naked eye, they just used a subset of an existing texture?

this could btw be true for the rest of the glyphs (except the sand of course)

Edited by talkol

interdpth_

Hey guys, I'm moving on to CDRs today :)

tadd

Yeh i have considered that and i think you are right... the other glyphs (faded and half) are most likely using a partial piece of the moon or rain glyphs (or even mountain) ...

would be nice to know which it which though just in case (sorry for the theory) the half glyph means like half moon (in game) and the file uses part of the moon glyph and is called moon02 or something could be what we needed to piece conditions to unlock or something lol

as i said sorry for the theory but you get what i mean... if the faded one is called rain02 and the half one called moon02 (but both use another texture from another file) they could be like half moon in the rain lol

Well at least we know we wont be getting many clues from the file names of the glyphs lol

and @interdpth... that would be awesome dude, thank you so much for your work with talkol, you guys rock!!

Edited by tadd

tadd

Ok guys think i found something interesting...

need you to confirm and give a hand looking through so i dont miss anything, but i found .ipl files which i opened in notepad and they are lists of every mission/under bridge/special ped/strangers and freaks etc... it even has the altruist shoot out and the last one (bigfoot mission)

I feel this is a big find cos it means we can check if there are any hidden missions (like bigfoot) that we have missed or not triggered yet...

the lists are WAY too long to post, i may do a pastebin of them when i have chance but for now can someone just confirm the find...

the files are in common/data/levels/gta5 and are called:

ambient.ipl

ambient_leeds.ipl

ambient_mp.ipl(mp = multiplayer?)

ambient_sd.ipl

cheers guys.

Edited by tadd

nor

Interesting! Keeping an eye on this one.

cyberwookie81

you guys, awsome work :D

talkol

Ok guys think i found something interesting...

need you to confirm and give a hand looking through so i dont miss anything, but i found .ipl files which i opened in notepad and they are lists of every mission/under bridge/special ped/strangers and freaks etc... it even has the altruist shoot out and the last one (bigfoot mission)

The interesting ones were ambient.ipl which gives the in-game x,y,z coords for Zancudo and hippie camp ufo's. We were able to translate then into map coords, see the researcher toolkit thread

Aside from these textual ipl files, there should also be binary ipl files as well. @hakatox wanted to lead the way to finding them. Once we locate the binary ipl files, they will have coords for models too, like the alien egg. It will be the breakthrough we need to finally find it in-game

tadd

Yeh i know still looking for that one lol a lot of files in there to go through...

at least with this though we can check off the missions and make sure all on the list are known and on social club checklist.

tadd

Also thought i should share this from takeover on the decoding thread...

Good stuff tadd. Added the new ones that interested me quick and dirty to the map here - http://i.imgur.com/sN3mCUz.jpg

Unfortunately it only lists these for UFOs- Notice the one ontop of mount C is labeled different. Other two are hippy camp and fortz

Scene_Root, 2490, 3777, 2402.879, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, ambient_ufos, 0

Scene_Root, -2366.379, 2962.758, 1448.873, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, ambient_ufos, 0

Scene_Root, 501.5, 5604.5, 797.9, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, UFO, 0

This one is interesting - its on the top of mount josiah outside the fort. and the title of it is "none"

from ambient_sd.ipl

Scene_Root, -1213.216, 3851.513, 488.9304, 13, 0, 0, 0.6541799, -0.756339, none, 0

Not sure what these two are either from ambient_leeds.ipl

Scene_Root, 1340.602, -761.536, 66.966, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, wp_PartyBoomBox, 0

Scene_Root, 1.327637, 525.9734, 174.1693, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, ob_franklin_tv, 0

interdpth_

Not sure what these two are either from ambient_leeds.ipl

Scene_Root, 1340.602, -761.536, 66.966, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, wp_PartyBoomBox, 0

Scene_Root, 1.327637, 525.9734, 174.1693, 13, 0, 0, 0, -1, ob_franklin_tv, 0

Probably Michaels Yoga boombox and franklins tv?

talkol

Any web developers here who want a cool task?

The game uses a coordinate system (see the x,y,z positions of the ufo's in tadd's post)

We will very soon get a bunch of coordinates and we will need a convenient method to plot them on the game map.

Can anyone please make a small website that asks for x,y and shows them on the game map?

The calculation should be very easy to do.. Just take the coords for one of the known locations, like the strip club, and use it to reverse the coordinate system (it's linear)

See this thread for more coordinates:

http://gtaforums.com/topic/631342-researcher-toolkit-in-game-strings/?p=1063799555

Edited by talkol

tadd

@interdpth... the locations on the map (where plotted by takeover) are both in the city nowhere near a yoga area or franklins place.

http://i.imgur.com/sN3mCUz.jpg

@talkol... apparently bishops wtf building is 0.0 on the maps... can you confirm? Or takeover confirm? Thought that was an odd thing if its true lol

Edited by tadd