Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,519 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

SoupKitchenXtreme

Whats the taboo of modding police cars and ambulances?

SoupKitchenXtreme

why are rockstar so scared of implementing this. it would be so easy, its so lame... this car is too hot blah blah

cough... open world game ... cough

luckyshot666

Yeah I feel you. I was anticipating so hard but no, no doughnut machine modification for cop cars.

Shah Sam

Yeah I feel you. I was anticipating so hard but no, no doughnut machine modification for cop cars.

You remind me of someone.

Zodape

How can it be so wrong, when it feels so right?

luckyshot666

I gotta say I have seen your face somewhere before...

Dope_0110

I don't think there's any taboo there. They're probably doing it either as a tradition now, or because they want some sort of mini realism where a mechanic would be scared to tamper with government cars.

I don't see what's the big deal with people wanting that anyway. Police cars are always available as a civilian model too and there's not much point in ''modding'' an ambulance.

Bonnano

Oh yeah, you two were with that girl that wore feathers on the *whistle*.

sukmieazz

Because you wouldn't be able to take a clearly stolen police/government car to a mechanic in real life. If they replaced Los Santos Customs with chop shops in the next game, then maybe this would work, but I like that I can't modify them. How are we going to modify a police riot, anyways?

17th

I don't think there's any taboo there. They're probably doing it either as a tradition now, or because they want some sort of mini realism where a mechanic would be scared to tamper with government cars.

I don't see what's the big deal with people wanting that anyway. Police cars are always available as a civilian model too and there's not much point in ''modding'' an ambulance.

Tradition? Tradition was 6 stars, tradition was round hud, but no. There are no any traditions. I don't know what they thought while making GTA V, but it seriously doesn't feel like GTA game. It even doesn't feel like open world game, because they blocked almost every cool feature, and made it online/mission exclusive.

Shah Sam

Oh yeah, you two were with that girl that wore feathers on the *whistle*.

Yeah, that girl.

rojovo74

On one hand, I suppose it might make sense thinking that no mechanic would touch these types of vehicles, but on the other hand, these vehicles ARE serviced (probably on-site), so why not implement something like a special garage that will only accept law enforcement/emergency vehicles, or maybe even throw commercial vehicles into the mix. You could upgrade/modify these toys at one place, and take all of your other vehicles to a normal garage.

AlexL

I wanna be able to mod semi trucks Mad Max style

Edited by AlexL

fish61324

why are rockstar so scared of implementing this. it would be so easy, its so lame... this car is too hot blah blah

cough... open world game ... cough

I agree. It's amazing how LINEAR (yes, look up the definition) this "open world" game is. R* dictates what we are allowed to do. I wish we could mod air vehicles as well. And I wish we were able to put decals/stickers on our cars. Like when we can put our crew emblem on the car.... why not allow us to put more than one and allow us to put it where ever we want on the car??

Goneinfiveseconds

I have a crusader in my garage and i got it in legit way no glitch

dporter88

I wanna be able to mod semi trucks Mad Max style

couldn't agree more. Really wish they would implement this into the game. I was kinda surprised the first time I pulled into Los Santos Customs with a semi and I couldn't customize it. Oh well, one can only hope.

Gingersnaps

I'm also annoyed by this. I just want to slap a turbo on a cop car so it stops being dog piss slow unless the AI is driving.

Hidden Zombie

It's likely because the company wants its franchise to evolve into something more than a game that kids' parents are trying to remove from shelves.

This isn't Saints Row. You can't bring a police car to an auto body shop and say "Paint it pink." They'd call the cops on you. There's supposed to be a framework of realism to pair with the satirical nature of the GTA franchise. It's not unfair for a company to evolve its direction on games, and I'm sure they don't expect everyone to be onboard with it. It would be somewhat silly to just rehash the same game over and over with better graphics.

matajuegos01

It's likely because the company wants its franchise to evolve into something more than a game that kids' parents are trying to remove from shelves.

This isn't Saints Row. You can't bring a police car to an auto body shop and say "Paint it pink." They'd call the cops on you. There's supposed to be a framework of realism to pair with the satirical nature of the GTA franchise. It's not unfair for a company to evolve its direction on games, and I'm sure they don't expect everyone to be onboard with it. It would be somewhat silly to just rehash the same game over and over with better graphics.

Realism in a game that includes a spaceship when completing the 100% of it. Where a psychopath can eat/kill anybody and still be walking free on the streets, realism in a game where you have a minigun as a 2 handed weapon... wtf

..GhosT

They should be customizeable since the ford cruiser has two sets for bumpers, skirts, spoilers and hoods.

Zodape

How can it be so wrong, when it feels so right?

Dayum. I forgot I already posted in this thread and clicked this to post the exact same thing I posted almost a month ago.