Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,470 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Wolfhuman

Hey T, Hey M

Wolfhuman

What was that all about during story mode? I thought it was strange at first but then it became actually funny. Instead of calling each other by the name they just call each other by the first letter.

Hmmm nice bike

I think it's so nobody hears them using their real names, calling each other "Michael" and "Trevor" during a job would certainly narrow the search. It makes more sense than in Vice City's bank robbery, where everybody was calling each other by name in front of a bunch of hostages and the bank manager.

ROCKSTAR MANIC

^ Yeah Exactly, its more like a "nickname" like M for example.

feckyerlife

What was that all about during story mode? I thought it was strange at first but then it became actually funny. Instead of calling each other by the name they just call each other by the first letter.

probably from how they refer to each other when they do heists, so they probably just stuck with it

grasseyeball

Why do I gotta be Mr. Pink?

InfernoV

Hey W

Grievous

The interesting thing is that during the prologue, if either M or T died, the mission failure screen would indeed cite them as mere 'M' or 'T'.

Otherwise, calling the protagonists through their initials has been done since San Andreas. Most frequently in The Ballad of Gay Tony. 'H', 'A', 'L', and even 'T'.

universetwisters

I think it's so nobody hears them using their real names, calling each other "Michael" and "Trevor" during a job would certainly narrow the search. It makes more sense than in Vice City's bank robbery, where everybody was calling each other by name in front of a bunch of hostages and the bank manager.

That makes sense. Much better than yelling "HEY, MICHAEL TOWNLEY OF 16 MICHAEL TOWNLEY ROAD, TAKE OUT THE SECURITY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S STILL RECORDING WHILE I, TREVOR PHILLIPS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 37295302818592721840271949 MAKES OFF WITH THE LOOT."

RoadRunner71

Because you're a fa**ot, alright?

@mods, it's just a movie quote;)

Edited by RoadRunner71

lightningun

That makes sense. Much better than yelling "HEY, MICHAEL TOWNLEY OF 16 MICHAEL TOWNLEY ROAD, TAKE OUT THE SECURITY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S STILL RECORDING WHILE I, TREVOR PHILLIPS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 37295302818592721840271949 MAKES OFF WITH THE LOOT."ALSO CALL FRANKLIN CLINTON OF THE GROOVE STREET FAMILY GANG TO BE READY TO DRIVE US TO HIS HOUSE AT 7864 BLUE OCEAN DRIVE, AFTER LESTER THE MOLSESTER OF 5672 EL BURRO HIGHTS PHONE NUMBER 678555234 DISABLES THE CAMERAS. Edited by lightningun

Wolfhuman

That makes sense. Much better than yelling "HEY, MICHAEL TOWNLEY OF 16 MICHAEL TOWNLEY ROAD, TAKE OUT THE SECURITY CAMERA BECAUSE IT'S STILL RECORDING WHILE I, TREVOR PHILLIPS, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER 37295302818592721840271949 MAKES OFF WITH THE LOOT."

It makes sense that they are saying that during heists, but off heists they still are saying that.

Hmmm nice bike

It makes sense that they are saying that during heists, but off heists they still are saying that.

Maybe it's a habit then? People call me T sometimes, when we aren't knocking off a bank.

universetwisters

I wouldn't be surprised.

"HEY, BARTENDER, GET MY DRINK READY, QUICKLY. I, MICHAEL T. TOWNLEY OF 3928 TOWNLEY DRIVE, LOS SANTOS, HAVE TO GO TO A MEETING WITH AN ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN AT A WAREHOUSE ON 37 WAREHOUSE WAY TO PURCHASE DRUGS AND UNDERAGE THAI PROSTITUTES FROM HIM. NOW GET ME THAT DRINK, CHOP CHOP!"

Nem_Wan

This is actually explained when Michael is in charge of heist planning and says to new crew members to use initials only during a job, just in case people didn't figure it out during the prologue. The prologue plays coy by not revealing names even to the player because Michael and Trevor aren't formally introduced till after Franklin's opening act.

Michael calls Trevor T as a habit and a nickname and as a means of asserting dominance, to try to keep Trevor thinking of their partnership and keep his distrustfulness and urge to take some kind of revenge against Michael in check.

roostersrule2

That would have made castaway very boring, Tom Hanks would float there yelling W.

jatiger13

Markoolio?? Is that you??

sukmieazz

That would have made castaway very boring, Tom Hanks would float there yelling W.

W!!!! W!!!!!!!!!

luisniko

Well.. I thought that's how some people in the western call their friends right?

Luis called Tony as T. Armando as A. Henrique as H.

senormidget

I've got a friend called Thomas who we've called T for over 10 years, it's not that uncommon.

United_Stealth

Didn't they said it was because of the heists in one of their conversations?
IIRC Michael calls Trevor T in the beginning and Trevor says something like he should call him like that anymore cus they don't do anymore heists or whatever.

But the nicknames come from the heists and they just started to say it also when they weren't 'at work'.

Wolfhuman

I wouldn't be surprised.

"HEY, BARTENDER, GET MY DRINK READY, QUICKLY. I, MICHAEL T. TOWNLEY OF 3928 TOWNLEY DRIVE, LOS SANTOS, HAVE TO GO TO A MEETING WITH AN ORIENTAL GENTLEMEN AT A WAREHOUSE ON 37 WAREHOUSE WAY TO PURCHASE DRUGS AND UNDERAGE THAI PROSTITUTES FROM HIM. NOW GET ME THAT DRINK, CHOP CHOP!"

lol, Chop Chop