Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,529 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
mambonutz

Got my 60 bucks worth...

mambonutz

Hello all,

I don't come here too often, but want to post some positive feedback for a change.

I'm a senior gamer (53) play online with my oldest son (21) and have been doing GTA since first released on PC back in the day...;)

I didn't feel that R* was going to let us down with the release of GTAV.

After a couple of rocky weeks at the beginning (which is to be expected in a game of this scope), it seems everything has fallen into place nicely.

After seeing a game unfold which must have been an unimaginable amount of coding and work to pack into a couple of game disks (I'm very impressed)!

There was a quote I read saying "R* put 90% of the Triple A developers to shame, with what they got out of the aging consoles"...that speaks volumes.

After rolling through pages of pointless threads, gripes, bitching, whining...I'm here to say "I've got my $60.00 worth already, and now all the rest is gravy".

With technology being what it is today, people feel they're entitled to something 'immediately' and in many cases, without putting in any effort.

My younger son (18) is of that mentality, and races through games with blinders on (I'm working on him) lol

The online portion of GTA has got better, people seem to be getting more civilized, and the Bad Sports are where they should be. Others have moved on to COD Ghosts, which suits me fine as well.

Whatever you have to do R*...I'm behind your choice 100%...continue to fix the glitches, get rid of the assholes, and I think we'll be much better for it.

This is not a thread for pissing and moaning...so, stay clear if that's what you're after...you have a plethora of other threads you can do that in.

Speaking from a mature gamers point of view, I couldn't be happier with GTAV.

No, I'm not a 'Fanboy'...just someone who can appreciate hard work.

dannybohy

Bravo Sir, Bravo. What platform are you on?

joker-clap-hq.gif

Edited by dannybohy

GTALegion

slow-clap.gif

JohnTaper

citizen_cane.gif

mambonutz

Bravo Sir, Bravo. What platform are you on?

joker-clap-hq.gif

I'm on 360

BuyMeTheMoon

Nice!

Not many people actually know how much work it is to make a game like this. Only after making a high res car in Maya I understood how much work this is, and how amazing most of the video games are. I spent 2 months, 12 hour days on that car.. And that is just a car with shaders and textures, not animations or anything.. Can you imagine? I know R* are a lot of professional people and stuff, but sh*t, they have a lot of hard working months/years behind them for this game

Edited by BuyMeTheMoon

Silencer81

Totally agree. ;)

mambonutz

Not many people actually know how much work it is to make a game like this.

I agree! I'm not anywhere near a game developer, but used to do graphics and design years back and know the hours put in to create things.

dannybohy

I was room mates at Uni with a game designer, he worked on the Wipeout series for Playstation. Hard work! great job, but he put a lot of hours in!

WildmouseX

Admiral Blaubarschbube

citizen_cane.gif

Areyousad

Yes it takes a while, but they had 5 years developing this game and failed to release it without major game ruining bugs, so then they nerf payouts to counter that and attempt to force feed us ca$h cards.

Xtremely Shot

tumblr_mt80mvKYGn1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

i do glitch i wont lie however sir you put it best... i played the way i wanted an i def got my moneys worth

JohnTaper

The single player is worth the cost of the game alone. I actually wish they never came out with online and just made the campaign co-op.

Zanje

jeremiahjohnson+nod.gif

Exactly how i feel, i play the game to have fun, not amass virtual money to show off my "E Cred", and so far me and my friends have been having a blast! There have been some hiccups to be sure, but they are to be expected and as the great Kenny Loggins says "We're getting there America, we really are"

EDIT: I hate to be "that guy" but i really think the problem as im not an older person at the age of 24, but even i remember back in the day had you claimed wolfenstein was boring, then admit that you used god mode to go through the game people would have just assumed you were an idiot, Of course it is boring when you take all the challenge out of it.

But then you have the camp who try to defend the position by saying "aw they nerfed payouts, forcing us to buy cash cards!" well yes a company generally would prefer someone to purchase their product, but beyond that they want buying an adder to MEAN something. yeah legit you could not buy one within the first week, cry about it.

Edited by Zanje

mambonutz

Yes it takes a while, but they had 5 years developing this game and failed to release it without major game ruining bugs, so then they nerf payouts to counter that and attempt to force feed us ca$h cards.

'This is not a thread for pissing and moaning'

Exactly what part of this didn't you understand?

You work for which development company?

Edited by mambonutz

JohnTaper

You are asking for a flood of trolling. Be vigilant kind sir. The floodgates are probably open now.

K20

1292223254212-dumpfm-mario-Obamaclap.gif

well said OP. only complaints seem to be from those immature player. its definitely worth its purchase price. i've said it many times before... but even if R* charged $100 for it. its worth it.

Edited by K20

mambonutz

You are asking for a flood of trolling. Be vigilant kind sir. The floodgates are probably open now.

Thanks...point taken :)

Scoobroid

Agree with op. Said to a friend last night that I feel I've already had my moneys worth out of the game if you look at it from a £-per-hour viewpoint. Still playing and still enjoying. Also willing to wait for more content, but would like some new missions soon.

GTALegion

Agree with op. Said to a friend last night that I feel I've already had my moneys worth out of the game if you look at it from a £-per-hour viewpoint. Still playing and still enjoying. Also willing to wait for more content, but would like some new missions soon.

Good lord, if I went $'s to time spent... it'd come out tooooooo...

/does some "quick" math

Lessee... 14 days of game time is 24 x 14. That's 336 hours. I paid for the collectors edition, which was what? 120 or so bucks? But let's just take the 60 dollar regular price, as I haven't touched any of the stuff that came with it other than the actual game.

So... 336 divided by 60 is 5.6

So I've gotten around 5 and a half ours of entertainment, so far, per dollar.

I think.

Math is hard. someone help me. Look over my work before I turn it in to teacher. I don't want to have to stay behind clapping erasers today. I've got to get home to GTA!

Scoobroid

Legion inspired me to look at my stats and do the math(S!), In all honesty I hadn't looked because I knew it would be a ridiculous and slightly embarassing number of hours...

So adding up SP and MP, I have put in a fairly remarkable 415 hours (I do have a life, wife, etc, just game a lot). This equates to just under 7 hours per pound spent. I really can't think of much else I enjoy doing that costs so little.

GTALegion

Legion inspired me to look at my stats and do the math(S!), In all honesty I hadn't looked because I knew it would be a ridiculous and slightly embarassing number of hours...

So adding up SP and MP, I have put in a fairly remarkable 415 hours (I do have a life, wife, etc, just game a lot). This equates to just under 7 hours per pound spent. I really can't think of much else I enjoy doing that costs so little.

Same here bud. Married with kids and I still game a bunch without neglecting them or my other hobbies.

Oh, and I totally forgot to add my SP time. lol I 100%'d it right before GTAO launched. :)

Guccidan

citizen_cane.gif

PureAnis

I'm in the same age group and situation add me.

Perhaps we could start a crew for all the old guys on GTAV. ?.

IOMDutch

Love this. If there was no age given The OP would have been blasted, Fanboy. Its positive ageism and its bollocks.

Nice post all the same.

mambonutz

Haha! That would be too cool.

Maybe we could call it the 'Codgers' or the 'Old Coots'...'Crusty Crew'...funny!

Good plan, Stan.

Masher8559

Hello all,

I don't come here too often, but want to post some positive feedback for a change.

I'm a senior gamer (53) play online with my oldest son (21) and have been doing GTA since first released on PC back in the day... ;)

I didn't feel that R* was going to let us down with the release of GTAV.

After a couple of rocky weeks at the beginning (which is to be expected in a game of this scope), it seems everything has fallen into place nicely.

After seeing a game unfold which must have been an unimaginable amount of coding and work to pack into a couple of game disks (I'm very impressed)!

There was a quote I read saying "R* put 90% of the Triple A developers to shame, with what they got out of the aging consoles"...that speaks volumes.

After rolling through pages of pointless threads, gripes, bitching, whining...I'm here to say "I've got my $60.00 worth already, and now all the rest is gravy".

With technology being what it is today, people feel they're entitled to something 'immediately' and in many cases, without putting in any effort.

My younger son (18) is of that mentality, and races through games with blinders on (I'm working on him) lol

The online portion of GTA has got better, people seem to be getting more civilized, and the Bad Sports are where they should be. Others have moved on to COD Ghosts, which suits me fine as well.

Whatever you have to do R*...I'm behind your choice 100%...continue to fix the glitches, get rid of the assholes, and I think we'll be much better for it.

This is not a thread for pissing and moaning...so, stay clear if that's what you're after...you have a plethora of other threads you can do that in.

Speaking from a mature gamers point of view, I couldn't be happier with GTAV.

No, I'm not a 'Fanboy'...just someone who can appreciate hard work.

Well said. Fully agree with you. Refreshing to see a worthwhile thread on this forum for once.

mambonutz

Sure, what's the GT?

CEVFRIO

it's true it's an amazing game, the only reason people whine is because they've set unbelievable standards and expectations for it