Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,239 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

MysterBeefy

GTA Gunfighting Tips

KingReflex

Professionally presented. Love it.

MysterBeefy

Thank you. Seemed to take forever to write. Didn't realize how much went into something so simple. If there are errors of any kind, please let me know. I'd like to help as many people as possible.

Luvie

Thanks for tips, alot a useful information in there. I'm gonna try using the combat roll and blind fire tonight. Good to know about 'sneak' advantage in deathmatch. And I agree, very professional writing skills. Good job.

EliteGamer

Press aim.

Press fire.
BE A GOD.

m3dic8d

Assault shotgun + extended clip + silencer is ridiculous.

robban

Thanks for sharing :]

WBaker

You can peek your head out of cover to get a reticle for blind firing by holding the left analog in the appropriate direction. I think that deserves to be in the blind fire section.

MysterBeefy

I was conflicted with including poking your head out to gain a crosshair. On the one hand it does give you a more accurate shot while blind firing which helps save ammo and get a cleaner, quicker kill, but only if your target isn't facing you, and if that's the case, why not just pop out, auto-aim, and be done with it? I've seen quite a few people poke their heads out in deathmatches right in front of me, and when doing so their most weak point sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't remember if you can auto-aim someone when they're peeking out. I'll find out and get back to you. Thanks for pointing this trick out. I really wasn't sure if it had too many uses to be included, but that's mainly because I rarely use it. Didn't want to include something I didn't know too much about.

Thanks for tips, alot a useful information in there. I'm gonna try using the combat roll and blind fire tonight. Good to know about 'sneak' advantage in deathmatch. And I agree, very professional writing skills. Good job.

Let me know if anything helped or didn't. I don't want to be giving out misinformation, even if it is mostly my opinion.

mo-seph

this is an awesome post... im a pretty good racer but my shooting kinda sucked, until i spent a couple of nights doing pure deathmatches/survival... but these tips are really gonna help me up my game even more to become a better all round player... already put some into practice while being hunted in freeroam and its helped...

Ive sent a PM to GunWrath to see if he will pin this post in this section as i think it would be a great help to new players (oir players like myself that drive more than they shoot) if anyone else like dit maybe drop him a PM to suggest it is pinned

MysterBeefy

I really appreciate it. I made this "guide" for reasons such as yours. I'd hate for GTA online's players to dwindle simply because they didn't know a few lesser known tricks to help defend themselves from "haters". I wasn't expecting my thoughts to welcomed with open arms, but I'm very grateful I can help. In the future I'd like to make a video guide/s to help with understanding or proving my points, but I simply don't have the cash or know how to make it happen yet. So, in the meantime, if anyone wants/needs help understanding or practising any tips in this thread, my PSN is Kiss_The_Keck and my Rockstar Social is Sittingbeef. Thanks again for your support.

mo-seph

tbh even after quite a high amount of gameplay (4 days 12 hours roughly) i still didnt know how to combat roll.... it sounds daft that ive played so much and still didnt know that but with there being no specific game guide and my friend is yet to lend me his guidebook (cos hes forgetful as hell, only lives 4 doors away from me yet everytime he forget it he cba going home.... but i love him so its ok) its something ive never been ablet o figure out on my own...

so that being said its helpful even to "veteran" (dare i say that about myself) players who have quite a bit of gametime under their belt...probably doesnt help that about 75% of my time is spent racing, where combat rolls are kinda irrelevant...

hopefully gunwrath will pick it up, review it and pin it... it helps if other people PM him to make the siggestion too, at least thats what happened with my racing tips thread

MysterBeefy

Hey, I've got a lot to learn about racing, so I know where you're coming from. I do ok, but I can't hold a candle to most of the players I come into while racing. I tell myself it's because I refuse to race dirty and all the sideswiping and PIT maneuvers are the cause, but it's probably because I'm missing a whole bunch of little things.

A little off topic, but I hate when you click the right stick while driving and the camera snaps behind you so you can shoot whoever is chasing you, but the camera doesn't snap to the front so you can make a turn or dodge traffic. Instead you get a painfully slow camera turn. If there's a way around that, let me know, like, yesterday.

mo-seph

Hi MysterBeefy

TBH i dont think theres much of a way round that, its annoying but i have a tendency towards hitting boosts rather than rockets in races... try to keep out of range as best i can lol

but if you are a clean racer that doesnt play dirty were trying to build a lsit of them in the "approved racers" thread in my signature... basically a way to get GTAF players to race together, if 2 people vote you as an approved racer you get added to the first post in the thread so everyone knows... its also a good place to find other like minded racers that enjoy a good spin around a circuit... were also pretty open to giving tips and hints about our race styles etc, we odont jsut churn supercars round criminal records, most of us like to mix up the class between races and select different tracks to really work on our skills... also its good to lose races (thats how i learned everything i know) because you get to see the racing lines of more seasoned races, how the approach corners, braking points, slipstreaming etc....

if your on ps3 feel free to add me, be glad to do a race education session with you.

MysterBeefy

I'll be glad to next time I'm on. I'll take all the help I can can get.

mo-seph

add me up dude, details are in my signature, happy to run some circuits with anyone really, but if you need some tips ill gladly help out

Thehunteroftruth

Hey thanks for the guide xD . I'm a newbie and i this helped me a lot :)

mo-seph

hey Thehunteroftruth,

if you PM GunWrath he might pin this topic as it is one of the most helpful gunslinging guides around

MysterBeefy

Lol, thanks. I searched and searched and searched for anything related to R* pvp and couldn't find anything, which I figured was why so many players made simple mistakes. Not because they weren't any good, but because they simply didn't know how to do certain things in certain ways. So I figured, "Why the hell not? I'm literate. I'll give it a shot. The least that could happen is I'm told I'm *insert expletive*." I'm still confused as to why even after all the years of GTA IV and RDD there's still minimal information on how to save your own ass. *sniffs* Smell that? Conspiracy.

mo-seph

tbh all i can smell is burnt food from the office kitchen :p but your right, i like the im game prompts but i saw one yesterday that ive never seen before after owning the game from midnight release,,, hardly practical to only have those tiny little prompts... i mean would it be so hard to put an actual in game manual (saving the trees obviously) with some of the obvious stuff.. say for example, combat rolls.... cant wait to try this tomorrow and get into some deathmatches before my race meet

jerrodh7244

When Street fighting > After killing someone change position/levels, etc. often. Go from one corner to the next, different alley's hide behind different dumpsters. Keep people looking. Not everyone (most) players don't pay enough attention to the map. And obviously the map does not show elevation so if you can use fireescapes, ladders, etc. to get an 'upper' hand it really throws them off.

m3dic8d

this is an awesome post... im a pretty good racer but my shooting kinda sucked, until i spent a couple of nights doing pure deathmatches/survival... but these tips are really gonna help me up my game even more to become a better all round player... already put some into practice while being hunted in freeroam and its helped...

Ive sent a PM to GunWrath to see if he will pin this post in this section as i think it would be a great help to new players (oir players like myself that drive more than they shoot) if anyone else like dit maybe drop him a PM to suggest it is pinned

I'm glad you were man enough to admit this. I couldn't before (hence my generic post about shotguns lmao) but now I can admit I suck at deathmatch and fighting in general in this game. I've played 2 survivals and 2 deathmatches, but always got demolished so I only race. But after reading your post I played another DM and got 8-2. Usually I'm lucky to get 1 kill and die constantly haha.

This should be a sticky.

Edub_1234

I'm a level 146,

Heres some tips.

#1: DON'T USE THE DAMN ASSAULT SHOTGUN.

#2:AP Pistol + Adv-Rifle are the BEST (Balanced) Guns in the game.

Goddamn it R* You made this like COD and there Shotguns :l

Lordgodofhell

I have a 2.4 kd,

Heres some tips.

-Try hard. I mean, try hard to get kills and try hard to avoid them.

-Play a lot! The more hours you play, the better you get if you try hard.

I haven't even begun to try my hardest yet but soon I will.

Edited by Lordgodofhell

MysterBeefy

I'm a level 146,

Heres some tips.

#1: DON'T USE THE DAMN ASSAULT SHOTGUN.

#2:AP Pistol + Adv-Rifle are the BEST (Balanced) Guns in the game.

Goddamn it R* You made this like COD and there Shotguns :l

I use my carbine rifle about 80% of the time and the combat pistol for about 10%. All other weapons fall into the last 10. I don't encourage anyone to use the assault shotgun all the time, but it, for example, you are behind cover on one side of a dumpster and someone else is hiding behind the other side, in my opinion, the assault shotgun is the best weapon to use to keep from dying. I will never, ever not use a gun that is "OP" or unfair. All too often I'll get into a team deathmatch where one or more of my teammates is afk (is that applicable to console gaming?), and I'm left to fend for myself against two or three bloodthirsty players. I'm not one to quit because the odds are against me, but I'll definitely do what I can to win. Funny thing is a bunch of guys/girls get pissed when they're losing and start lobbing grenades nonstop. That in particular annoys the hell out of me, but just because it's not the way I play doesn't mean I'll tell others never to do it. Adapt and overcome.If any of that was offensive, I didn't mean it to be. Just giving my opinion.

mo-seph

I'm glad you were man enough to admit this. I couldn't before (hence my generic post about shotguns lmao) but now I can admit I suck at deathmatch and fighting in general in this game. I've played 2 survivals and 2 deathmatches, but always got demolished so I only race. But after reading your post I played another DM and got 8-2. Usually I'm lucky to get 1 kill and die constantly haha.

This should be a sticky.

I know where my strengths are and you know yourself im a pretty strong racer (dont wana sound like im tooting my own horn, forgive the pun) which is exactly why most of my RP levels and money have come from racing and i have a "race optimised" garage...

But its tips like this that will help me become a more "all-round" player... FPS has never been a big part of my game play (more a GT5, Tony Hawks, SSX, Assassins Creed, Fifa sorta guy) so any game that involves shooting, its the shooting thats my weakness, which is why i dont play COD lol

looking forward to putting some of this into practice soon and hopefully getting my kd to a reasonable level and winning some DM's

HypyHyp

This is an awesome post.... If I could add one tip to this.... Don't wear brightly colored clothing.... You're making it that much easier to find you.

m3dic8d

This should be a sticky.

I know where my strengths are and you know yourself im a pretty strong racer (dont wana sound like im tooting my own horn, forgive the pun) which is exactly why most of my RP levels and money have come from racing and i have a "race optimised" garage...

But its tips like this that will help me become a more "all-round" player... FPS has never been a big part of my game play (more a GT5, Tony Hawks, SSX, Assassins Creed, Fifa sorta guy) so any game that involves shooting, its the shooting thats my weakness, which is why i dont play COD lol

looking forward to putting some of this into practice soon and hopefully getting my kd to a reasonable level and winning some DM's

I want all my stats maxed out :lol:

mo-seph

This is an awesome post.... If I could add one tip to this.... Don't wear brightly colored clothing.... You're making it that much easier to find you.

shame that, my crew colour is bright yellow lol....

but if people think it should be pinned (i.e sticky) then PM Gun Wrath and ask for it to be pinned... ill b honest i agree and have already dropped GW a PM about it...

@M3dic8d - me too, need to work on my stealth tho...

interestingly on that point one of the in game prompts told em the other day that stats do also degrade over time, so you need to keep it up for them to stay maxxed out..

MysterBeefy

0_0.jpg

I gave this character a desert-y-ish vibe & it seems to help me blend in. You can choose neutral colors and still look pretty decent. Not all the girls have to look like hookers. One of my wife's friends dressed their character like Peggy from Married With Children. Hilarious.

Oh, and that stat degrading thing is if you don't play for a while. Like, a long while.

Edited by MysterBeefy