Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,974 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Biohazard Abyss

My Mechanic's On a Roll!

Biohazard Abyss

Was standing near the Sandy Shores LSC, needing one of my vehicles and my mechanic failed me 9 times in a row! What a guy! :colgate:

What's your mechanics record of uselessness? What's the highest amount of times you've called that you can remember, where he ceases to deliver your vehicle even though you're standing in the middle of the road?

Edited by Biohazard Abyss

Masochron

Like 5 times. He almost never fails when I'm in the middle of nowhere though.

I called him one time while under a pier, and he showed up instantly like right next to me.

Teqnikal

My mechanic brought my fully modded akuma to me. While i go on it he punches me off. Gets on again AND SPEEDS OFF. I couldnt call my bike back because 'someone' was on it. He toured around entire LS twice!

Edited by Teqnikal

Killzone3265

i don't even call him the mechanic anymore, he's now known as the road avoider to me lol

seriously, call him on any main road, and he will never show up, what a moron

Masochron

My mechanic brought my fully modded akuma to me. While i go on it he punches me off. Gets on again AND SPEEDS OFF. I couldnt call my bike back because 'someone' was on it. He toured aroud entire LS twice!

That's hilarious :D

Biohazard Abyss

My mechanic brought my fully modded akuma to me. While i go on it he punches me off. Gets on again AND SPEEDS OFF. I couldnt call my bike back because 'someone' was on it. He toured aroud entire LS twice!

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that when he finally arrived with my Riot Van, he got back in and tried to drive off :D

Killzone3265

Oh yeah! Forgot to mention that when he finally arrived with my Riot Van, he got back in and tried to drive off :D

he's been doing that with all my vehicles lately, so i immediately shoot him, then beat him up, as soon as he steps out lol

AscendantWyvern

The cake for me has to be when I just got finished with a simeon delivery, and called him up.

Failed, walked over a little further toward the dock's exit and called again.

Failed, finally arrived on the actual road and called him.

5 seconds in, he spawned 10 feet away from me...drove off roughly 500 feet, hit something, made a U-turn drove another 500 feet and arrived roughly exactly where he spawned.

He got a beating.

Is this The Guy?

What? he never delivers my car when im in sandy shores!! lol

Khaos89

He needs killing every time.

Nipper

Since the 1.05 patch I must admit, I have only had him fail on me once. Did they address him?

I also noticed they fixed the full face mask baldness glitch. (Or I am just getting extremely lucky in trying to recreate it)

Ros

I've only dialed my mechanic once, & he actually did bring me my vehicle & let me get in it without starting a fight with me. Although, whenever my friend calls her mechanic he never manages to deliver her car to her, or he'll show up then speed off. Funny to watch but obviously very frustrating to whoever it's happening to.

Also, has anyone noticed they've paid their "cleaner" if you have a luxury apartment? Seems pretty useless as well.

Mr. Crowley

Since the 1.05 patch I must admit, I have only had him fail on me once. Did they address him?

I also noticed they fixed the full face mask baldness glitch. (Or I am just getting extremely lucky in trying to recreate it)

You have just been lucky

The pogo mask made my character go bald yesterday morning.

...and my mechanic is as unreliable as ever

Nipper

You have just been lucky

The pogo mask made my character go bald yesterday morning.

...and my mechanic is as unreliable as ever

Ah ok, I noticed yesterday that the pig mask didn't steal my hair, so I put it on and off a bunch of times, even doing some weird stuff with cars and putting multiple on at once, still kept my hair, presumed it was fixed. Guess not lol.

tom_p1980

This.

Since the latest update he's delivered my car 100% of the time. Admittedly with a few bumps and scratches but he's better than before.

Or it could be I've adapted myself to make the Mechanic work by better placing myself near roads? who knows but it does seem more reliable now for some reason. I haven't had to beat him to death for a very long time.

Edited by tom_p1980

Bob_Loblaw

My mechanic brought my fully modded akuma to me. While i go on it he punches me off. Gets on again AND SPEEDS OFF. I couldnt call my bike back because 'someone' was on it. He toured around entire LS twice!

ha ha I had something similar happen several times now. He delivers the car then when I want to jump in he starts to get in so I have to pull him out and throw him on the ground. Sometimes he hurls curse words at me :lol: Very amusing to say the least. It's as if he suddenly changes his mind after delivering ha ha

EliteGamer

Your mechanic is on sabbatical.

screwloose88

only 3/4 I think, but he keeps driving down the street the opposite way to where I am. then gets out and leaves my car about half a mile from me.

idiot lol

ShinobiFixer

At the most, like twice. What are you fools doing wrong?

SOHC_VTEC

He's a dumbass, that we know so help him out by not standing still in one spot, but move about in a circle. Also I've noticed it matters on the direction of travel on the road, so if you are on a one way road, look towards the right way, seems it never works when you look towards the opposite direction of travel.

Bob_Loblaw

Yup that's it. He's a dumbass. Come on he really is :lol:

alijahgreen

He answers and brings my car every single time, all you noobs are doing it wrongs

Pburke1

Does everyone just exaggerate what happens with the mechanic or what?

I've only ever had a problem when I've been in a place he can't drop it, strange!

Bob_Loblaw

The only "problems" I've had with him so far:

1. Delivers vehicle on the wrong side of a wall so I have to walk a distance to get it

2. He tries to take the car after he gets out - changes his mind

Both these are funny little errors in the code that I don't really mind. Who cares really?

marco-polo

Hilarious :lol:

Teqnikal

Hilarious :lol:

I tried chasing him in my other car but it seemed like he was still in this 'spooked npc' mode and would'nt ever brake for anything. Then i just gave up and went bounty hunting Edited by Teqnikal

2mlg4u

You wont believe this guys...

My mechanic is not even in my contacts list.

Yet i still pay him..

alijahgreen

Stand near the road, never under a underpass, never inside a business complex..... but he must die I want my money back

marco-polo
I tried chasing him in my other car but it seemed like he was still in this 'spooked npc' mode and would'nt ever brake for anything. Then i just gave up and went bounty hunting

Haha love it. "You know what, f*ck you and the vehicle!"

TheQuestfor100Percent

Huh... I've never had a problem with him. We'll sometimes he gets pissed and try's to steal the car back, but I'm always already speeding off so it doesn't matter.