Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,997 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

Car Speedometer Petition For GTA 5/O

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

Hello, I've played Gta games for a long time but one car experience has been missing for me. I would love to have car speedometers for Gta 5 and Online. They could add into a new update since it wouldn't take up much space. (could put it right above the radar) They say the cars can reach up to around 200 Mph, but i never have hit that. I personally want to know how fast i am going each time. So lets Petition it up! This is something R* needs to add. It would add a lot more fun to the Gta racing experience.

:r*:

Edited by PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

M6 dRMG

Not even a full speedometer is necessary, just a digital speedometer only displaying speed. Would definitely bring a lot more tactics to racing.

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

Not even a full speedometer is necessary, just a digital speedometer only displaying speed. Would definitely bring a lot more tactics to racing.

Yes like For instance ( Fwrd: 69Mph) (Rvrs: 10mph) So then it could just sit right above the radar.

the_samich

So I'm NOT the only one that wants this.

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

How do the car top speeds work. For instance i can drive a fully customized adder and only get to 144 (known by stats) but then when i used Franklin with a customized Seintel Xs i got up to 224 Mph. How? its my by far highest vehicle stat. How does this work?

harleycurnow

This, this, this and THIS! Wanted one since SA. Just a little number in the radar telling em my speed would be enough!

Smallo92

How about you post in one font colour.

Eamonn3

Yea why don't we have a speedometer? Why steal a cop car and pull a player over for speeding, if you can't tell how fast he was going?

Mpirerocks

So is this dead? I really wanna know how fast my cars are.. Jus sayin.

Edited by Mpirerocks

GoldMouf

I agree. Nuffsaid

A Maned Wolf

/signed

LosKnightsTemplar

It's a necessity, it just adds to the overall driving experiance of any game involving vehicles.. I used to love the speedometer mod on GTA:SA PC...

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

No no no no. This isn't forza/gran T. Besides, the only reason to have one IRL is to avoid a speeding ticket.

Don't need no stinking speedometer to tell if I'm going to fast into a curve.

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

No no no no. This isn't forza/gran T. Besides, the only reason to have one IRL is to avoid a speeding ticket.

We want it for fun. For instance, say you are trying to beat your top speed but cant. Wouldn't you want to know how close you have been getting each time? It could also help quite a lot when coming to time trials and more exact stats than bars.

DirtFarmer

i feel a spedo would drown out the immersion of the game. its not important IMO, if they add it lets hope there will be an option to shut it off.

my Forza 5 hud doesnt show anything. i play from inside the cab view. guess im a fan for making it feel as immersive as possible.

IRL i almost never look at my spedo, only to set the cruise control on long road trips. otherwise i go with the flow. do people always stare at how fast theyre going?

Edgelord

Theres a top speed stat in the stats section from the pause menu but i would say dont bother with speed in GTA V.Only by using Franklins special ability you can make a car reach top speed.Any other way wont get you over 150-160 mph at max.

Banana Duck

I hardly doubt that we will see a speedometer with all the bugs and glitches present. Also your multicoloured font is very childish and annoying to read.

Dottie

Here's your car speed- SLOW

The Guy 393

A speedo wouldn't be bad ... or a rev counter .. it would be a great help in races where catchup is on ... in a most races whith catchup leading a race is a bad idea ... it wud be a great help to know how much you have in reserve when you line up the slip stream sling shot ... My vote wud be for a rev counter

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

Here's your car speed- SLOW

Who crapped in your CornFlakes this morning?

Sugar Free Nos

How do the car top speeds work. For instance i can drive a fully customized adder and only get to 144 (known by stats) but then when i used Franklin with a customized Seintel Xs i got up to 224 Mph. How? its my by far highest vehicle stat. How does this work?

I think all of the vehicles in GTA: Online have a speed limit of 140 MPH so the game doesn't just die and lag really bad.

I've never seen many speeds in MP that are above 140 unless you are going downhill.

JayDM420

IF they added one it would probably be a hud option, meaning you could easily disable it...

I'm up for ANY vehicle related dlc lol..this game sucks and could use a lil forza/gran T in my honest opinion..

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

I think all of the vehicles in GTA: Online have a speed limit of 140 MPH so the game doesn't just die and lag really bad.

I've never seen many speeds in MP that are above 140 unless you are going downhill.

Yea That seems fair. My top speed is 144.4 online. Now with Franklin, I some how manage to hit 224 mph with the Seintel XS.

Hoosierdaddy76

A numerical HUD at the top of the screen would be enough. It's sort of shocking there isn't one tbh.

Edit: Also, online speed is govered at ~150 MPH, hence everyone's top speeds being close to that. There are obviously exceptions, so don't go posting pics of your 700 mph Adder top speed. :pp )

Edited by Hoosierdaddy76

Mr Oraange

Why? Isn't GTA meant to be arcade-ish? Pretty useless if you ask me. Just like requested restaurant interiors and gyms.

Jlogano22

THIS

Pixel S

No need for one. I doubt it would be accurate anyway.

I bet the Faggio would have a higher top speed reading than an Adder.

PxX_Blood_N_Gore_PX

THIS

Sorry, i made this post awhile back and thought to be gayly creative

The Guy 393

I have two online characters ... the 1st is ranked up well over 120 ... with this character .. top speeds Feltzer 156 .. Entity 157

the second character is at rank 64 ... Adder top speed so far 153.67

. just like flying under bridges etc work only while in a race ... i am thinking top speeds are clocked in races ... and while catchup is on your modded car wont be able to run at its full potential

MrHollick

Yes! A small digital number above or below the radar would be great!

Oh yeah OP wtf is with the multi color post that's retarded.