3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Lock n' Stock

Worst Movie You've Ever Seen

Hmmm nice bike

Anchorman

I actually liked Anchorman :( Havent seen the second one yet, but I thought the first was great.

As for Napoleon Dynamite, that's one of those movies that you either love or you don't. It's a very quirky movie and I can see why some people wouldn't like it or see the big deal about it. We watched it in school years ago and half the class loved it and the other half thought it was too weird of a movie. I didn't think it was bad, but it's not the greatest movie ever, either.

MisFit-138

I think it's still Mulholland Drive for me. Special shout-out for Napoleon Dynamite, Anchorman, and the Resident Evil series. Garbage

Resident Evil and Anchorman, I understand.

Napoleon Dynamite is...umm...different, so I also understand that.

But why Mulholland Drive? I haven't seen it yet, but everyone's been saying it's one of Lynch's best.

:monocle:

I hear people say that all the time, but I thought it was just...bad. It's all subjective obviously, but I think if you love David Lynch you'll love Mulholland Dr. It's definitely his "Lynchiest". It's hard to say why without explaining the movie, or at least my interpretation of it. It's as if he made the film as an exercise in taking the opposite position on every obvious choice in natural story progression. There is next to zero story, plot, narrative, character consistency...it was just a bunch of 'weird for the sake of weird' scenes hodgepodged together with an implied story if you look at it from an angle that isn't present in the film. It's like somebody made a garbage film but said "it's intentionally confusing, its abstract film".

I've been told it makes more sense upon multiple viewings. I feel that's more for something like 'Get Out' or 'Fight Club', where it pays off the first time but has more to see after you know the ending. Mulholland Dr, for me, has no pay off and it didn't intrigue me enough to merit another watch.

I've also heard arguments that the overall mood and atmosphere was more important than actual "storytelling" for this "film". Weird, usually that's considered bad writing. If this movie was attached to any other director it would be dismissed as nonsensical garbage and the worst film in that director's catalogue. But since its David Lynch, people praise it as "genius" and "brilliant". Personally, I think their afraid to admit they don't get it. I "think" I got it the first try, but it wasn't engaging. I never got invested in anything. It might as well have ended by zooming in on a shifty eyed dog accompany by a dramatic "duh-duh-duuuh" ala Homer Simpson's 'Mr. Smith goes to Washington".

It gets points for a beautiful version of Roy Orbisons 'crying'and sex scenes with Naomi Watts and Laura Herring, but that's it, for me.

MisFit-138

Anchorman

I actually liked Anchorman :( Havent seen the second one yet, but I thought the first was great.

As for Napoleon Dynamite, that's one of those movies that you either love or you don't. It's a very quirky movie and I can see why some people wouldn't like it or see the big deal about it. We watched it in school years ago and half the class loved it and the other half thought it was too weird of a movie. I didn't think it was bad, but it's not the greatest movie ever, either.

Yeah, probably had much to do with expectations. I was told its flat out hilarious, it was a double feature with Anchorman, also supposedly 'hilarious'.

For me, Anchorman is like watching a punchline compilation video with no set-ups. As if the script just asked the cast to say something shocking every 1 1/2 minutes, but then a studio exec stepped in and said "no, no shock humor" and everyone just settled on saying something 'unexpected' every 1 1/2 minutes. It just feels like jokes with no context. To each their own, theres always a chance I just didn't get the humor and I'm fine with that.

JaberDoe

Totally get you. I don't like Twin Peaks S3 for pretty much those exact reasons, lol.

Lynch does go overboard lots, but when he's good, it just clicks with me.

MisFit-138

Totally get you. I don't like Twin Peaks S3 for pretty much those exact reasons, lol.

Lynch does go overboard lots, but when he's good, it just clicks with me.

That's about how I feel. First season of Twin Peaks, and to a lesser extent season 2, are amazing.

xXElRadioDJ913Xx

To be honest, I would say The Room even though I love that movie, but I have to go with the infamous disastrous pile of sh*t called Dragonball Evolution. I hated absolutely everything about it.

Leftist Bastard

Twin Peak Season 1 was good because it was a good story with likable characters with good atmosphere with the occasional Lynch brand stamped on - season 2 had a ridiculous amount of filler and Season 3 is just auteur wank.

JaberDoe

S2 of Twin Peaks was mostly awful. I just like the first few episodes and the finale.

What's in between can and should be skipped!

YellowJacket

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

PaeganLoveSong

Looks like a lot of people in this thread either haven't seen much true garbage or have higher standards than I.

Worst movie I've ever seen? Witchboard II.

MostWantedMVP

The Open House on Netflix, what a complete waste of time.

Vigilante88

Point Break (2015)

If I could erase one movie from existence, it would be that one.

Evil empire

American beauty (1999)

That...............thing is so weird, insane and pathetic I even wonder how I did to watch it until the end, I don't know if it's masochism, a totally foolish optimism, a mad perseverance or a mix or these 3 elements.

(Ambient)
Posted (edited)

Wożonko (2003) (pronounce it something like "voshonko") - it's a Polish comedy movie about the "Dresiarz" subculture (Polish version of Gopniks). The main characters want to kidnap a child from the kindergarten in order to earn some money during the holidays. I'm sorry for the lack of any proper info about the movie, but there's a very little stuff about it in my native language and nothing about it in English. For prove that this movie really exists, here is the whole film:

Edited by (Ambient)

Crossbones

Blood and Bones. The fights were good but the story was boring and made no sense. I expected the last fight to be great but it turned out to be the worst. Yeah, there's lots of Bollywood movies too which are even worse than the above mentioned Blood and Bones.

MisFit-138
On 4/29/2018 at 2:45 PM, YellowJacket said:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is the worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

Is it a "compared to the book" kind of deal? I thought it could be better (if it was longer and had more from the book) I think Douglas Adams humor might not translate well. For me, it transcended my expectations, but I cant imagine what that movie looks like to the uninitiated, probably pretty weird. 

On 4/30/2018 at 6:29 AM, PaeganLoveSong said:

Looks like a lot of people in this thread either haven't seen much true garbage or have higher standards than I.

Worst movie I've ever seen? Witchboard II.

I think it's the former

YellowJacket
8 hours ago, MisFit-138 said:

Is it a "compared to the book" kind of deal? I thought it could be better (if it was longer and had more from the book) I think Douglas Adams humor might not translate well. For me, it transcended my expectations, but I cant imagine what that movie looks like to the uninitiated, probably pretty weird. 

I think it's the former

It wasn't a book vs movie adaptation deal for me, I just thought it was so damn stupid in general. The depressed robot and the yawning doors were the only highlights for me. The rest of the movie, I would have rather stuck steak knives in my eyes.

MisFit-138
Just now, YellowJacket said:

It wasn't a book vs movie adaptation deal for me, I just thought it was so damn stupid in general. The depressed robot and the yawning doors were the only highlights for me. The rest of the movie, I would have rather stuck steak knives in my eyes.

To each their own, I always saw the book as unfilmable, so for me I was pleasantly surprised.  I still feel the Adams's humor just doesnt translate. It always had more of a Monty Python vibe for me that the movie didn't portray.

X-Vector

Years ago I saw a low budget horror film called Hellgate on TV.

A right stinker with incredibly lousy dialogue performed so horribly off-rhythm it almost seemed deliberate.

Thought that was the worst thing ever,  then I saw some home movie style dreck featuring Snoop Dogg called Tha Eastsidaz - words are failing.

PaeganLoveSong

Is that the Hellgate with the STRANGERRRRRRRRSSS??? That movie's hilariously bad. 

juanitahernandez
On 11/9/2013 at 4:46 AM, Lock n' Stock said:

Mummy 3.🤤

It was pathetic.

Hmmm nice bike

I love how Foodfight came out 10 years later than it was supposed to. And I love how it took so long because the hard drives containing the original files for it were "stolen." Who the hell would have stolen that sh*t? The creator called it "industrial espionage," but if the hard drives were really stolen from their offices, it was probably taken by a random person looking for expensive computer equipment and the creator just didn't want to admit that he forgot to lock the office up for the night.

And despite having an entire decade to recreate the movie, it still ended up looking like cutscenes in a cheap PS2 game from the early 2000s. It actually ended up looking worse than the original trailer from 10 years prior, but I still don't think it would have been well-received as an animated film had it not had the production issues and been released on-time.

Lock n' Stock
On 7/9/2018 at 1:32 AM, Hmmm nice bike said:

I love how Foodfight came out 10 years later than it was supposed to. And I love how it took so long because the hard drives containing the original files for it were "stolen." Who the hell would have stolen that sh*t? The creator called it "industrial espionage," but if the hard drives were really stolen from their offices, it was probably taken by a random person looking for expensive computer equipment and the creator just didn't want to admit that he forgot to lock the office up for the night.

To me, the "industrial espionage" thing just seems like they were covering their own asses. You can read all kinds of horror stories from ex-employees online about what a tool the director in charge was. One mentions the hard drives as actually being deleted rather than "stolen", which seems plausable enough given the sheer incopetence on display from this guy.

Mister Pinkerton
Posted (edited)

Moulin Rouge. I can't remember if I thought it was a bad movie or if I just didn't like it "not my cup of tea" type thing but I remember actively disliking every minute of it. 

But worse than that was The Da Vinci Code. I can't remember a thing other than I was bored to death. I'll rarely turn a film off. I love films. I can usually find some value in the crappest film but that one almost made me angry, it was so bad. I wanted to turn this film off but I saw in the cinema and my mate bought me the ticket. Couldn't get up and leave.

Of course there are films that are technically sound on a production and story level that just isn't aimed for me that I may dislike. One of those was the adaptation to film of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I found it boring, didn't root for anyone in the film. I'll concede that maybe it's me and I didn't "get it" but seems like a story that doesn't gain anything more valuable from it being translated to a film because the played out like a book in ways. I get it's much loved by a bright audience so there must be something there. Maybe I can re-watch it change my opinion. 

Edited by Mister Pink

Domand

I think my obvious choice which is plenty of peoples obvious choice is Batman and Robin. 

Another movie I remember as when I was way younger is the 2003 Mike Myers Cat in the Hat. As a family Dr. Seuss film, it is not good at all and inappropriate. Nowadays however I find it hilarious because of these reasons. Its just so not good as a kid film its funny to watch.

Hmmm nice bike
7 hours ago, Lock n' Stock said:

You can read all kinds of horror stories from ex-employees online about what a tool the director in charge was. One mentions the hard drives as actually being deleted rather than "stolen", which seems plausable enough given the sheer incopetence on display from this guy. 

Wow, I was wondering why Jerry Stiller and Wayne Brady would even be in the movie, and this just makes it sadder. Charlie Sheen I could see being in the movie easily, he was probably coked out of his mind the entire time and didn't care, but something like this sounds embarrassing to be involved with, especially for two actors who already have money and recognition. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if that guy was responsible for the movie ending up deleted, rather than stolen. Either accidentally (which nearly happened to Toy Story 2) and he just didn't want to admit that he was responsible for accidentally screwing the production, or maliciously for whatever reason (the way he sounds, I wouldn't put it beneath him).

Lock n' Stock
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hmmm nice bike said:

Wow, I was wondering why Jerry Stiller and Wayne Brady would even be in the movie, and this just makes it sadder. Charlie Sheen I could see being in the movie easily, he was probably coked out of his mind the entire time and didn't care, but something like this sounds embarrassing to be involved with, especially for two actors who already have money and recognition. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if that guy was responsible for the movie ending up deleted, rather than stolen. Either accidentally (which nearly happened to Toy Story 2) and he just didn't want to admit that he was responsible for accidentally screwing the production, or maliciously for whatever reason (the way he sounds, I wouldn't put it beneath him).

The way I see it, it seems to be like he wasn't in it because he had any actual passion for the genre, he was just cashing in on a trend because he could, hence all the shameless product placement of brands featured in the movie. It was likely planned as a money-making scheme from the start, but even that ended up sh*tting the bed because it was released straight-to-video. Hell, his production company hadn't really done much else up to that point, other than several film and TV adaptations of the Mortal Kombat series (and even the quality of those leave much to be desired, despite how much I enjoy the original film). Last time I heard he was planning a film trilogy (!) adaptation of Tetris. Yeah, no joke. Blocks falling from the sky doesn't make much for a narrative, but I guess some are willing to try anything.

Personally, it was Christopher Lloyd's casting that I found the most questionable. Kind of sad that he goes from playing Doc Brown to...whoever this f*cker is...

giphy.gif

Edited by Lock n' Stock

Hmmm nice bike
3 minutes ago, Lock n' Stock said:

Last time I heard he was planning a film trilogy (!) adaptation of Tetris. Yeah, no joke. Blocks falling from the sky doesn't make much for a narrative, but I guess some are willing to try anything.

I guess he's figuring "Well, they made a Battleship movie!" Of course, it wasn't quite as literal of an interpretation as the Tetris film looks.

And wow, his eyes don't even movie, that's terrifyingly bad animation. I feel bad for the artists who had to be under this guy who didn't give a sh*t. I don't even know if that film would be worth putting on a resume or including in a work portfolio, lol.

markusizr

Splice 2009 and Twilight movies. The Awful and stupid movies.  Awful actors, dubbing and soundtrack. I even cannot sleep well after this movies, Thank god i burned it all two cd's