Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,305 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Buford T Justice

Do you use a mic online?

Do you use a mic online  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a mic online?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only when I'm playing with friends
    • Once and a while

Buford T Justice

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

spamtackey

I use Skype when I play with friends so that we can talk without dealing with any outside people butting in. Other than that, I'm silent.

roostersrule2

I only do on party chat.

Cutter De Blanc

No, and I'm not going to. You don't tell me what to do.

korn6499

Im new to the whole online environment in a game. I bought GTA 5 with no intention of playing online, but now I love online. Got me a mic turble beach px5, but like you are saying many people don't use one. GTA online was having all kinds of glitches, like kicking everybody out of your game and this happened right when I got the mic. Rockstar cloud servers were down too right when I got it, and I was anxiously wanting to see if it worked. Reading some other posts here other people had this problem, when the whole time I thought it was my mic not interfacing with online. I yet to know if it works, but the playstation audio does link up with it so I would assume audio out works too. Eventually I unplugged it, but seeing how it might not be the mic i'll give it a shot again to see if the damn thing works and the game doesn't kick everybody out.

Dave Rizza

I voted yes....But only in jobs and only if the other people in the job are using mics...

Waldie

Only with a friend on private / party chat.

Masher8559

I use Skype when I play with friends so that we can talk without dealing with any outside people butting in. Other than that, I'm silent.

Same for me.

davetopper

I do if the other person starts. Most of the time I don't though. There was one time where a gent just got into my car and he made GPS targets. I became his driver. It was cool doing that, don't mind it at all. When he left I found out that he was from another country. Spain I think.

So he may not have spoke english at all. But it was all cool.

Dodgers2013Champs

Gta c blows

FirstLadyofGTA

Edited by FirstLadyofGTA

M0B5TA

99% of the time only in party chat

Buford T Justice

I would like to know if the majority of people use a mic or not when they play online.

It seems like very few people play with a mic online, and that's annoying. I wish they had a setting so the game would only put me with players that have a mic.

People without mics are a real annoyance if you are doing a mission or something with them. It just guarantees that there will be little to no teamwork. If you don't play with a mic, start playing with one so we can actually cooperate and get things done.

In a beautiful world where all gamers were mature sensible human beings maybe...but unfortunately some people's experiences put them off of constant mic use, especially with strangers. In theory mic use should be fun and you're right it does help with teamwork. I had some really fun times with previous friends (note the word 'previous') on mics in the past but now I hardly use it. Today for example I got the mic out because one of my friends was on at the same time, but it just sat next to me. I never put it on because we didn't get to play together and I wasn't interested in letting strangers hear my voice. Sometimes it's also good ol' fashioned shyness. I feel shy talking on mics to people I've just added as friends. But especially when you're a female having a mic can add a lot of unnecessary drama to your life.

Makes sense I guess. If you have Xbox it has a feature that can change your voice as you speak. Ive never tried it though so I'm not sure how well it works or anything like that.

John Smith

Can anyone recommend a really good clear sounding mic?

Whenever I'm online, the other players sound quality is terrible.

Buford T Justice

I could see that being annoying. I'm guessing your on PS3 so you can't have a party chat or use the in-game phone and just chat using that?

I have a PS3 but I never really use it for games and have no idea how online communication works on it.

Lay

No, in tribute to Claude.

Buford T Justice

It would probably be helpful to know what system you are on. I know the regular one that comes with Xbox works fine, sound quality isn't great but it's good enough for producing nothing but another persons voice.

John Smith

It would probably be helpful to know what system you are on. I know the regular one that comes with Xbox works fine, sound quality isn't great but it's good enough for producing nothing but another persons voice.

Ah sh*t, sorry lol

I'm on both PS3 and 360, but play mostly on PSN.

spamtackey

I could see that being annoying. I'm guessing your on PS3 so you can't have a party chat or use the in-game phone and just chat using that?

I have a PS3 but I never really use it for games and have no idea how online communication works on it.

My friends and I play on both 360 and PS3 and PC. We just prefer skype really. I don't have a mic for my PS3 because I've never needed one and the one for my 360 broke a while ago. I'm not big on the whole 'playing with people I don't know' thing, so I tend to stick with my friends.

jameznash

would if I could

Kids in bed - I play through the night - I would just keep waking them up.

Stewlil

I always have it on, but sometimes i dont speak, mostly when im playing/beating on Americans, and as a Brit i get alot of discrimination purely for that fact, so I kinda judge peoples racism before I talk haha happens way to often with yanks that seem to think their country is the best..

WildBrick142

I have no mic.

And my character's parent is Claude so...

NSanityHD

Only Skype-to-Skype with friends...I'd rather not hear most of you high pitched little kids on the mic yelling and screaming, thank you very much.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of kids are playing GTA Online with mics as they do on Call of Duty, screaming at people... I for one DON'T want to hear it.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

I always have it on, but sometimes i dont speak, mostly when im playing/beating on Americans, and as a Brit i get alot of discrimination purely for that fact, so I kinda judge peoples racism before I talk haha happens way to often with yanks that seem to think their country is the best..

It's not racism. It's accentism. English isn't a race.

Andy_lattermen

i only use the mic to put butt hurt people like the OP in thier place

TiggerThaWigger

I do, I was in a lobby with a bunch of people who had mics. We were all just bullsh*tting, playing together and having fun. Wish more COOL people had mics or used them.

CAPZlock

Once in a while*

meezy4sheezy

Yea it is annoying, especially when people don't know what the hell there doing. I feel like I'm shouting orders to a dog because no one is responding but I know they're listening because they obey the commands.

I do, I was in a lobby with a bunch of people who had mics. We were all just bullsh*tting, playing together and having fun. Wish more COOL people had mics or used them.

Me too. Add me playa PSN: deemez

TJGM

You should bump more topics.

EDIT: This guy.. not sure if he's serious or not.

Edited by TJGM

meezy4sheezy

any people with mics want to do missions that has at least a 50 rank add PSN deemez….and please be an adult. I'm too grown of a man to be plain with some young ass kids…. and why do little kids have to be playing this game? They should add an age and mic category to the online options. Leave all the kids and people with no mics in their own lobbies.