Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,778 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
BrightonGTA

Trolling Down the Drain & Criminal Records

BrightonGTA

I've had enough of everyone picking these sh*tty races all the time, so I've resorted to trolling them by going out of my way to pit them all.

I absolutely despise pitting, almost as much as these races, but it must be said it is quite enjoyable when you're not taking the races seriously - and it's actually quite an effective tactic when catchup is on (which for most of these guys it is).

I've ended up winning a fair few, they end up swearing at me in French (why are so many of them French?) or their squeaky adolescent voices and then kicking me most the time - but it's a very successful trolling technique for those of you who like to troll - Ordinarily I wouldn't behave like this, but I would encourage trolling these farmers because it is ruining racing for everyone else.

MantisFang

jump now

leeco

Eh? That's what ever body does on this track.

Corrupt King

When someone slip streams me I slam the breaks hahahaha

ShadowedAscent

douche.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY

I've had enough of everyone picking these sh*tty races all the time, so I've resorted to trolling them by going out of my way to pit them all.

I absolutely despise pitting, almost as much as these races, but it must be said it is quite enjoyable when you're not taking the races seriously - and it's actually quite an effective tactic when catchup is on (which for most of these guys it is).

I've ended up winning a fair few, they end up swearing at me in French (why are so many of them French?) or their squeaky adolescent voices and then kicking me most the time - but it's a very successful trolling technique for those of you who like to troll - Ordinarily I wouldn't behave like this, but I would encourage trolling these farmers because it is ruining racing for everyone else.

Stop. Go start your own damn race. Your not sick of anything. Though the audience may be.

irishsm0ke

Someone else posted a topic about this very thing. Might have been OP, not sure.

To be honest, why are you worried so much about what other people do? If they wanna grind criminal records and down the drain, let them. At least they enjoy it. Not sure why anyone would waste their time griefing races.

BrightonGTA

Someone else posted a topic about this very thing. Might have been OP, not sure.

To be honest, why are you worried so much about what other people do? If they wanna grind criminal records and down the drain, let them. At least they enjoy it. Not sure why anyone would waste their time griefing races.

It can take up to 20 minutes to find a race on a decent track, because so many people are farming the most boring tracks on the game.

If there were a decent search function, then there wouldn't be a problem - but there isn't.

Kendoyid

It can take up to 20 minutes to find a race on a decent track, because so many people are farming the most boring tracks on the game.

If there were a decent search function, then there wouldn't be a problem - but there isn't.

does my head in aswell,those tracks are dire, though cant really blame people,rockstars fault for putting high rewards on them

a20characterusername

OP dislikes criminal records, yet plays it anyway. OP dislikes people who PIT, yet does it anyway.

Clearly, the problem is with everyone else.

I don't see how people racing a certain way "ruins it for everyone else". Seems like you're the one intent on ruining other people's races, and that's fine too, but you're not any different than the people you're complaining about.

crashhat69

instead of doing the race just to pit people why not just not play it?

God-eater

OP, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between what you're describing and what I would call "a stock-standard GTA Online Race". Everybody PITs, everybody rams.

I guess what I'm really saying is congrats on perfecting the PIT and glad you're enjoying your game - no need to come up with a bullsh*t rationale to justify employing it - what, do you need our blessing or something?

But, hey, to each their own - if this is what you need to tell yourself to justify your assholery, then that's how it is. Best of luck in your campaign to single-handedly end DtD race spamming.

This thread brings to mind the LSC campers who say "I'm fighting the glitchers!". Sure, buddy. And I'm just giving this hooker directions, after which all prostitution will cease voluntarily.

sparkydeltorro

PIT is too easy to preform in my opinion. Only good races are the bike ones and the GTA races where at least you KNOW you're meant to play dirty.

Xcali1985

It's funny interacting with these internet police. Who cares what race they do. It's completely within the normal game play to replay missions. Rockstar has even said farming is ok. If you have played the game every race and mission. Sooner or later you start repeating missions and races.

The game is limited online besides creating your own fun on free mode. There are a limited variety of missions. Play the ones you like and quit being a douche to people who play the games they like.

Garrison64

Decide which race you want to do, pull up the map, highlight the race with your cursor and hit square on PS3 or (I'm assuming here) X on the Xbox, and you'll go to that race. It's one way you can quickly get to any race on the map without taking the random route via the phone.

a20characterusername

PIT is too easy to preform in my opinion. Only good races are the bike ones and the GTA races where at least you KNOW you're meant to play dirty.

I love doing bike races, but it's difficult finding others who do.

'GTA style' motorcycle races with traffic and wanted levels on can be great fun.

Seanathon

Well the point of CR isn't winning, so doing a PIT there probably won't piss anyone off.

Ahuehuehue

I like to invite people to Criminal Records and have it on 1 lap, right before I start it I swap it to 99 laps.

sparkydeltorro

Well the point of CR isn't winning, so doing a PIT there probably won't piss anyone off.

don't you need to win to get unlocks for your cars though?

I assumed that's why people replay them ad nauseum

UNLESS winning just means finishing top 3 or something which would be great.

aurther61287

It has to be an issue with match making. I host other races all the time and until just recently people were joining just fine. all of a sudden its a ghost town when I host now only people that ever join in are my friends or 1-2 people from the session im in. I get no quick match joins at all and match making is set to open. im perplexed.

a20characterusername

don't you need to win to get unlocks for your cars though?

I assumed that's why people replay them ad nauseum

UNLESS winning just means finishing top 3 or something which would be great.

A lot of people do it just to grind RP and make some quick cash, winning just sweetens the deal.

Personally I don't grind CR much, maybe a few 3 lap races here and there with randoms.

Edited by gtarelatedusername2

Manic_Feer

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Sorry guys :p

PETmyPUPPIES

I usually just drive the circle and if someone gets in their way they get hit. But when people try to set a race a 50 laps or some other ridiculous amount my favorite thing to do is drive backwards and ram them to make it take twice as long.

theadmiral

The French are wonderful people and there is nothing better than doing Down The Drain with them especially if it is on motorcycles or a GTA race. Easily my favorite group of gamers to play with.

Goldzero

Down the drain I might play sometimes, but never Criminal Records. What I don't understand is that there's a lot of fun race tracks in this game, off-road and water races, yet no one ever plays them. And they all give a better payout than Criminal Records.

sparkydeltorro

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Deliberately spinning people, basically.

The police call it the PIT manoeuvre

In this game the slightest tap of the rear wheel will cause you to spin.

gtapluralgerm

Easy fix. Go to your map. Select the race you want and join it. Now stop complaining and let me get back to driving in circles

Nolifeloser

I like to invite people to Criminal Records and have it on 1 lap, right before I start it I swap it to 99 laps.

I strongly dislike you.

Dont Shoot

I was in a race with just another guy earlier. He goes to pit me in the begining of the race so i hit the brake to try and avoid it since i knew even if he got a little ahead i could slip stream and be fine. He ends up still hitting the front of car and since i was slowing i didnt lose control but he did. He puts on his mic that was connected at start or during the race ust to rage that i pit him even though he just saw i was about to go by him and tried to turn into my car on a straight away. Such an awesome moment knowing he did it completely to himself then raged so hard.

God-eater

Such a noob....

What is PIT?

Police Intercept Technique, IIRC.

You use your front quarter to impact laterally the rear quarter of your target. If done correctly, they'll spin out 180 degrees (and IRL, the cop stops with you, so he'll be right alongside the whole way - it's very cool to see IRL - unless you happen to be the one running from the cops, I guess).