Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,974 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Mukaparska

Rockstar thought too much about online

Mukaparska

Imagine how much better the singleplayer could've been if RS wouldn't have wasted so much effort on multiplayer.

IceHot100

ok

JoeyDeacan

Imagine a room with no doors

fish61324

And vice versa. Most people out there are all about online gaming now (not me, I prefer SP). But if R* focused more on SP, than MP would be as bad at SP is right now, and more people would be complaining about that.

So in R*'s eyes, they made the right move.... even though the core of older gamers are upset about the amount of content left out of SP.

Edited by fish61324

Gutslab

Imagine a door with no room

Journey_95

I agree I hate their new direction man GTA V would have been sooo

great if they didnt waste resources on sh*tty online

these greedy f*cks

JoeyDeacan

You may say im a dreamer

Mukaparska

And vice versa. Most people out there are all about online gaming now (not me, I prefer SP). But if R* focused more on SP, than MP would be as bad at SP is right now, and more people would be complaining about that.

So in R*'s eyes, they made the right move.... even though the core of older gamers are upset about the amount of content left out of SP.

GTAs are supposed to be single-player games, multiplayer should be just a bonus. Like in GTA IV.

kvic

Imagine how much better the singleplayer could've been if RS wouldn't have wasted so much effort on multiplayer.

I'm with you on that ,but they can't make money from sp ,and where would you buy all those wonderful exciting clothes from? :lol: My poor Niko is still in the same clothes he came to Liberty city with.

Edited by kvic

nuer

Sounds like you were actually watching them develop this game.

Tashan

The rise in number of people going online is rapidly growing.

Single-Player has the biggest problem of Cost effective budgets that multiplayer easily overshadows.

Its a complicated and requires detailed understanding of the changing equation which internet has plenty to offer and enlighten.

Just remember, GTA in future will never be like GTA of the past.

Mukaparska

Single-Player has the biggest problem of Cost effective budgets that multiplayer easily overshadows.

Its a complicated and requires detailed understanding of the changing equation which internet has plenty to offer and enlighten.

It's all about money nowadays...

GTAspotter

I'm with you on that ,but they can't make money from sp

Lmfao, what? They make millions from sales of the game..

pariah87

I agree I hate their new direction man GTA V would have been sooo

great if they didnt waste resources on sh*tty online

these greedy f*cks

Looks like you're the greedy f*ck.

geckits4301

I agree, but if they can fix the bugs and glitches..... Supply us with quality DLC and continue to improve the online game, it will be better in the long run.

Even if they made a better singleplayer game, with improved storyline, better dialog and everything else that we all would have liked...... Would be be playing it in 5 months or would be playing something else. The online game would allow for continued enjoyment

Just my thoughts, but I absolutely agree with what you're saying on the front end.

ThroatSlasher2

I agree, but if they can fix the bugs and glitches..... Supply us with quality DLC and continue to improve the online game, it will be better in the long run.

Even if they made a better singleplayer game, with improved storyline, better dialog and everything else that we all would have liked...... Would be be playing it in 5 months or would be playing something else. The online game would allow for continued enjoyment

Just my thoughts, but I absolutely agree with what you're saying on the front end.

That makes sense for people that like Online gaming but it's not the case for everyone. I was hyped up for GTA Online, made my crew emblem and everything. But when we all had the chance to play Online for a few days, we realised how horrible it was. Everybody left. Of all my PSN friends list, NO ONE is playing GTA V AND/OR GTA Online. Everybody's gone. So even if I wanted to play Online, it really would serve no purpose at all because I am alone.

clevertrev

I must admit that I have always been more into the single player game BUT i'm really enjoying the online experience of GTA V . Having said that I personally would have rather had a longer single player game but it seems that these days all games must have online as the market demands it.

AlexL

True, they should have focused a lot more on singleplayer instead of going ape sh*t with the online, if they just gave us a simple online like in GTA 4 it would be perfect. Hell, I wouldn't even care if online didn't exist at all!

Cforumlbgfeva

True, they should have focused a lot more on singleplayer instead of going ape sh*t with the online, if they just gave us a simple online like in GTA 4 it would be perfect. Hell, I wouldn't even care if online didn't exist at all!

I only bought gta v for the single player. Online is too stupid in V. I liked gta 4's online, it was simple but very very fun :)

TakinThyBacon

I tend to agree with the OP on this one, Online does not really appeal to me and it seems that is all they are concentrating on as far as bug fixing goes.

heybud

I agree that they thought too hard, but not in the way you are saying it would make single player better. I think they tried to hard to do too many things, making it way too complex, and not focusing on the most important question "will this be fun". I wish I was in the meeting when someone said, "u know what would be fun? If there was insurance bills everytime you wreck your car. You know what would be fun, if everytime u got caught by the cops your car gets impounded and you have to retrieve it. Also, u know what would be fun, having in game electricity bills. oh yeah, that would be so fun!!!" I would have punched that idiot in his dumb dickface.

Mukaparska

I agree that they thought too hard, but not in the way you are saying it would make single player better. I think they tried to hard to do too many things, making it way too complex, and not focusing on the most important question "will this be fun". I wish I was in the meeting when someone said, "u know what would be fun? If there was insurance bills everytime you wreck your car. You know what would be fun, if everytime u got caught by the cops your car gets impounded and you have to retrieve it. Also, u know what would be fun, having in game electricity bills. oh yeah, that would be so fun!!!" I would have punched that idiot in his dumb dickface.

Yeah, they were kinda too focused on too many things, leaving many things a bit weird and unfinished.

kvic

Lmfao, what? They make millions from sales of the game..

It's all about GREED today did'nt you know that, quality has long been thrown out the window.

Betox190

It's all about money nowadays... So what is it supposed to be about? F*cking charity? They are a business, they make games FOR MONEY, not for you to get funny...

creed200569

They can.still make a ton on sp if they added alot.of the mp.missions,apartments,garages n a bunch of other stuff too

Xerukal

I laughed way more than I should have, rofl.

Raindancer

I laughed way more than I should have, rofl.

Imagine an open space with no door or room

TakinThyBacon

Ok

1the_door.jpg

kvic

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

B Dawg

They put effort into Online? Lmfao, post release maybe a little, but it still looks awful.