Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wiizardii

Is Michael Townley the best GTA Protagonist ever?

Michael Townley the best gta protagonist or not?  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Is Michael the best Protagonist?

• Yeah
    • No..
    • I dont know.

Mr_Rager

I like Michael's cynical attitude, his sarcasm, his vices (drinking, women) so I do like Michael a lot. Which is what makes it sad that he never got his full game. V should have just been Michael, IMO. Trevor and Franklin just don't compare...Franklin's got the opportunity to be more interesting if he stars in his own SP DLC. Trevor to me was dead on arrival.

happygrowls

In my Opinion, Huang Lee is the best protagonist. I don't know what it is, but there is something about Huang that other protagonists don't have.

Mr_Rager

In my Opinion, Huang Lee is the best protagonist. I don't know what it is, but there is something about Huang that other protagonists don't have.

No voice acting?

UshaB

Well Claude too. Maybe cause he's Asian.

happygrowls

No voice acting?

Technically he does, as he shouts "sh*t" when he drowns.

Edited by Epic.

MrMadMike

Much better than Trevor

I prefer Tommy V though

Mr_Rager

No voice acting?

Technically he does, as he shouts "sh*t" when he drowns.

No knock on Huang though. Started off like a spoiled brat, became a hardened criminal. Great writing, too.

Bare

Lol he's not even the best protagonist in GTA V.

RandompedestrianfromLC

Niko and Franklin are best. Michael is just boring family men, but hes story is interesting.

The Fake Slim Shady

Honestly Michael is one of the worst.

He snitched and tried to get Trevor killed and pretends it's no big deal.

Haha365

Hmmm can't say who is the best, as I like a couple of them, but I can agree on who I think is the worst (from the games that I've played):

Niko the worst.

Edited by Gigs84

TRex500

Tommy is King, Niko the worst.

cp1dell

I like Michael's cynical attitude, his sarcasm, his vices (drinking, women) so I do like Michael a lot. Which is what makes it sad that he never got his full game. V should have just been Michael, IMO. Trevor and Franklin just don't compare...Franklin's got the opportunity to be more interesting if he stars in his own SP DLC. Trevor to me was dead on arrival.

V screwed up doing what IV+EFLC was able to do.

What we got was one story arc that concerned three protagonists, and three smaller arcs for each character.

What IV did, and what V should have done, was three large story arcs for three protagonists, and one small story arc that brought all three together.

Franklin's rags to riches story, being stuck in the hood, trying to get out of the hood etc. should have been much bigger.

Trevor trying to build an empire for drugs weapons, should have been expanded on a lot more.

Michael alienating his family, his inner conflict with Good and Evil, getting dragged back into his old lifestyle etc. should have been expanded.

And the FIB/Devin Weston story we have now would have been the story arc where all three come together, along with them pulling off heists.

skittlez86

No Bubba was the best protagonist

SuperGTFan

No, green light was the best protagonist.

Haha365

Uncle Leone

"Every dog, has his day"

gunziness

Definitely no in my view, but definitely the best one in V. Franklin is not bad but forgettable and Trevor is just a cartoon.

aleex96

None of the V characters can be the best protagonist.

SuperGTFan

Even Stretch has more character development than the 3 of them.

Undyne

What kind of a poll is this? Michael certainly isn't the best GTA protagonist. Out of the GTA V three? Maybe. But the whole franchise? Nah.

The Deadite

CJ is worst GTA protag ever. Tommy & Niko the best.

^^This X10000^^

Michael is a washed up, whining old fart with a hateful family, Franklin was boring and Trevor's concept is just enough for me to love him, so no, he's at the bottom of my list.

Better than CJ at least

a-zA0_-

He's a good protagonist but I don't think he's the best....this is just what I think....CJ was the best

NikoBellicGTAIV

My fav among the trio, but not the best in the series.

I prefer Tommy and Niko.

J Cobra

No. It's way too debatable. Besides, I prefer Trevor.

ieu_redfox

Vercetti. The man with big cojones.

I don't like the michael at all, I can't sympathize with him. It's like he is in the mud he covered himself with.

Son of Zeus

He's the best out of the three easily. Franklin came off as boring and the other guy....less said about him the better.

A.O.D.88

Is Michael Townley is the best GTA Protag ever? No way, he is middle of the pack I rate him as just average.

Trevor, Tommy, and Niko are the top 3 and CJ is the worst in my opinion. CJ utterly ruined the experience of San Andreas for me, I mean I hated being forced to play as him so much that there were NPC pedestrians that I wanted to play as over him and rockstar left no change character skin cheat in the console version which made the PC version the undisputed king. CJ is the reason I discovered the Saints Row series with its create your own character/protag that I identify with, which is the most glaring feature that GTA San Andreas lacked and needed the most!

Trevor and Tommy were straight up bosses who built and ran their own organizations while CJ fawned over some rapper and begged to work FOR him as his manager, what a pathetic joke. I hope that Tony Cipriani later took CJ out for Mr. Leone! Niko by far had the best story of all gta protags and it made you really want to see him through to triumph over Rascalov!

Back to Michael Townley, if you only compared him to CJ then yeah, Michael certainly would look legendary!

acmilano

After all this years still Tommy is my favorite,with Niko at the second place. Michael was good ,but other guys were better. Still hope that next GTA will be better,with more time for characters to develope,69 missions was just too short for 3 protagonists.

Haha365

I'll go ahead and say it, Trevor>Michael.

I await you...

The Deadite

Is Michael Townley is the best GTA Protag ever? No way, he is middle of the pack I rate him as just average.

Trevor, Tommy, and Niko are the top 3 and CJ is the worst in my opinion. CJ utterly ruined the experience of San Andreas for me, I mean I hated being forced to play as him so much that there were NPC pedestrians that I wanted to play as over him and rockstar left no change character skin cheat in the console version which made the PC version the undisputed king. CJ is the reason I discovered the Saints Row series with its create your own character/protag that I identify with, which is the most glaring feature that GTA San Andreas lacked and needed the most!

Trevor and Tommy were straight up bosses who built and ran their own organizations while CJ fawned over some rapper and begged to work FOR him as his manager, what a pathetic joke. I hope that Tony Cipriani later took CJ out for Mr. Leone! Niko by far had the best story of all gta protags and it made you really want to see him through to triumph over Rascalov!

Back to Michael Townley, if you only compared him to CJ then yeah, Michael certainly would look legendary!

I f*cking love you man, i agree with everything you just said, except the order of protagonists.