Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,892 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

why such bad metal?

Liquid_Snake_LosSantos

Why cant they put in cool metal songs like these:

Also, why no classical?

Tupiz

Also, why no classical?

Well, yeah, it's a bit weird that there's no classical or jazz stations.

jmack3d

Because everyone seems to like rap and pop I guess. Even the "rock" station sounds like teen bop.

Atadritaata

f*cking agree, no good metal.

Not many good rock songs either...

Red XIII

Budweiser Addict

"Why such bad metal"??? Dude, there's no metal in the game to start with

pariah87

Well I consider Suicidal Tendencies Thrash metal but they picked one of their weaker songs.

soldat89

um theres no metal at all in this game.. the closest thing they have is punk

f*ck you R*! bring back 80s metal:

they have alot of nerve to call their company "Rockstar" yet not have a metal station in their games since VC

pariah87

For instance, this is a way more thrash metal sounding suicidal tendencies than the lame ounk song they have in the game of them

Matthias King

I would have really liked there to be a metal station, as well as a classical, jazz, and new age. The Journey was my favorite station on IV, followed by Fusion FM.

All V has that's of worth is a few good pop songs and a fairly good handful of good classic rock songs. I'm already very tired of them all now though.

At this point I wish there was an option to turn the radio off and have it stay off until I actively turn it back on.

theworldfamous

Because metal sucks to game by, it becomes a wall of sound that drowns everything out. Real tough guys listen to the lowdown anyway.

Also, where did you hear metal? I didn't hear any?

cholesterol

This, its f*cking punk! They mention a thousand times on Channel X that they are a PUNK exclusive station.

Though, I have no idea why classical was left out. I don't think SA or VC had a classical station either come to think about it. Methinks only Liberty has classical stations and not SA.

ShadowDog94

This, its f*cking punk! They mention a thousand times on Channel X that they are a PUNK exclusive station.

Though, I have no idea why classical was left out. I don't think SA or VC had a classical station either come to think about it. Methinks only Liberty has classical stations and not SA.

Why do they have punk in the game anyway and not metal? From what I understand, metal is way more popular,

theworldfamous

Why do they have punk in the game anyway and not metal? From what I understand, metal is way more popular,

Because that brand of punk started in that exact area.

IveGotNoValues

Because that brand of punk started in that exact area.

Yea and the Punk scene in LA is pretty big nowadays, I'm really glad Rockstar acknowledged it.

pariah87

Punk can suck my heavy metal dick.

Suppa K

It's Punk if I'm correct, not Metal.

DaRkL3AD3R

Because everyone seems to like rap and pop I guess. Even the "rock" station sounds like teen bop.

Sad, but true.

I knew they were going to pander to "that crowd"... you know, the guys with their pants around their ankles, hats on sideways, chains around their neck, and gold in their mouth.

Ah well, there's always Independence FM on the PC port.

Mellowfet

They should've put in Judas Priest or Metallica.

Hair metal ftw!

VileClown

Also, why no classical?

I'm a punk rock type of guy and even I can say, without a doubt, that all of the punk music in this game sounds like a dude rubbing his nipples with an electric can opener. I can appreciate the merits of Queen and Elton John on the rock station, but to not have even one AC/DC song, or Metallica song just spits acid into my mouth. Also, I miss jazz.

ColdHearted

Damn, I didn't even know there was such a thing as non-bad metal noise bullsh*t, if it wasn't in the game long may it continue.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Literally no good rock songs. Really fking poor R*.

..GhosT

Thank god theres no metal or death metal or some sh*t in this game ... i hated entering random vehicles and getting my ears blown off with that ridiculous shouting in those "songs".

RowanSane

I feel like the 'rock' (actually more of a 'classic hits') station could have had some hair metal. Paradise City might have been a good fit.

Generally R* use radio to create a sense of time and place. I know nothing about what's on the radio in LA but I assume from the game there isn't a lot of metal...

But yeah. Its Los Santos. Of course there's lots of rap.

make total destroy

All of the bands on Channel X are early LA/So-Cal punk bands, with the exception of OFF! Metal is definitely more popular, but look at the 80s LA metal scene, juxtaposed to the 80s LA punk scene. One was a violent, aggressive subculture, ripe with gangs and riots, and the other was the 80s LA metal scene. If you think about it in this context, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

EDIT: LA is also arguably the birthplace of hardcore punk.

Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope

pariah87

All of the bands on Channel X are early LA/So-Cal punk bands, with the exception of OFF! Metal is definitely more popular, but look at the 80s LA metal scene, juxtaposed to the 80s LA punk scene. One was a violent, aggressive subculture, ripe with gangs and riots, and the other was the 80s LA metal scene. If you think about it in this context, it makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Look at this guy trying to convince metal heads that punk is more suitable. We're not followers so no it doesn't make sense if you look at it in our context.

American death metal was born in Cali and then they jizzed all over the punk scene but punk liked it so much that they just kept comin back for more and more cumshots.

iBUCKEYE

Game takes place in 2013. It only makes sense that they play sh*t music.

Pig__Destroyer

Just really shows who they are trying to appeal to. Crap music if you ask me. They need some pig destroyer or agoraphobic nosebleed. Check em out

I'm actually really surprised they didn't put dubstep in the game.

Edited by Pig__Destroyer

IveGotNoValues

The Middle Class! nice!

Budweiser Addict

I swear, some of the people on here who bitch about LSRR don't understand the definition of rock. You think the only thing that falls under rock are hard rock band. Yes I like hard rock, but the way some of you talk it's almost as if soft rock doesn't even categories as rock.