2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Crokey

[GUIDE] Stock Market, Assassination Missions Guide

Bobby Smith

What I'm keeping an eye on for my 1st play-through:

Lester/Franklin Assassination Missions And:

Hotel Assassination

Bilkinton -67.26% -does it recuperate or did you hold on until 'Derailed'?

Minor Turbulence

Vangelico +42.57% -- **** Worth It.

The Paleto Score

Cluckin Bell -39.99% - does it recuperate before the Final Mission?

Derailed

Bilkinton +82.20% -- **** Worth It.

Fresh Meat

Gruppe Sechs +11.17%

Legal Trouble

FlyUS -50.20% - ** Buy then keep for

Meltdown

Richards Majestic -50.03% - *** Probably Worth it.

FlyUS +100.69% - **** Worth It. Combine with Legal Trouble?

The Third Way (after the credits)

MerryWeather -49.51%

Augury Insurance +101.49% -- ****

Cluckin Bell +66.89% -- ***

Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

(Third Way: without spoiling, do all these shifts happen or does it depend on which approach I take? I'm tempted to take the one that effects AUG).

These are the only ones I see as useful. Gruppe Sechs is only 10% but it looks consitant so I included it.

Is this what everyone agrees upon? This the entire comprehensive list?

Thanks. *

Edited by Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith

Disappointing results for selling VAG after Minor Turbulence. It never reached 40%

I got 38% for trevor (he seem'd to have the most or any luck).

[settled] 33.85% for michael. Glimpses of 35-37 but not more than twice.

Frankil is SOL. Settled for 26% to be honest.

My game never reached 39 let alone 40 or 43. Some update or the algorithms i got for my file must have been wack.

How long did you guys wait after Minor Turbulence to sell?

If I don't get a 300% return rate on RCW I will cry.

Edited by Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith

BILKington stock not rising after derailed.

This entire thing is really f**ng frustruating.. *sigh*...

Bobby Smith

Does stock (AUG) only go up if you pick Option 3/C for the last mission??

loloki

Is ribon guide stills working on latest game version on ps3?

Crokey

Possibly, as mentioned in the opening post, when I tested them they were a little hit and miss, so it's really a case of trial and error.

Bobby Smith

I beat the game a week ago. On PS3. From the Lester Missions alone (and purchasing the stock of the companies that drop, then selling when they rise back up -- so post mission returns), you can net 2.1 billion.

Selling in the story missions along the way was mostly useless. Nothing exciting happens and it was only 300k here or there. You don't have money to truly invest until after the Final Heist (I got 41 mill owned).

Such a sad puppet-eer system.

Edited by Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith

I played on PS3 and they worked. If you're doing the LCN story missions,

make sure you buy BLK (Hotel Assasination) right away and sell, because it will hit a peak and it DID NOT rise for me during Derailed, as it already hit its peak well before.

If you notice some missions the same stock will drop and rise consecutively. That means with the case of FLY US, it's scripted to not rise agian until after Meltdown.

--

generally when waiting for a stock to rise, it's best not to switch characters. If you can manage to not save or sleep, that is good too. Unless (in the Lester missions) it says it's a long wait period, and sleeping with Trevor is good. The ones that say 24 hour or less waiting period, I found letting the game climb uninterrupted guaranteed it the most.

If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me. I just finished the game on PS3 and went through the fun process of attempting this.

Ended up with a save, 1 lester mission remaining, I have 1.5 Billion with each character. If I do the lester mission (and invest), I hit the max 2.147 billion,

and I actually don't get all the money the mission would reward me with.

And that's just with investing from the Final Heist. But I did make sure to get the max amount.

If you have questions about that, do PM me. I can offer advice without spoiling/in a manner that will make your gameplay fun. I JUST did everything you say on PS3. about 112 hours -- 80% completion.

loloki

I played on PS3 and they worked. If you're doing the LCN story missions,

make sure you buy BLK (Hotel Assasination) right away and sell, because it will hit a peak and it DID NOT rise for me during Derailed, as it already hit its peak well before.

If you notice some missions the same stock will drop and rise consecutively. That means with the case of FLY US, it's scripted to not rise agian until after Meltdown.

--

generally when waiting for a stock to rise, it's best not to switch characters. If you can manage to not save or sleep, that is good too. Unless (in the Lester missions) it says it's a long wait period, and sleeping with Trevor is good. The ones that say 24 hour or less waiting period, I found letting the game climb uninterrupted guaranteed it the most.

If you have any questions, feel free to post or PM me. I just finished the game on PS3 and went through the fun process of attempting this.

Ended up with a save, 1 lester mission remaining, I have 1.5 Billion with each character. If I do the lester mission (and invest), I hit the max 2.147 billion,

and I actually don't get all the money the mission would reward me with.

And that's just with investing from the Final Heist. But I did make sure to get the max amount.

If you have questions about that, do PM me. I can offer advice without spoiling/in a manner that will make your gameplay fun. I JUST did everything you say on PS3. about 112 hours -- 80% completion.

Thank you. Firstly i cannot sent you pm the system does not give me that opportunity. So right after the first Lester assassination it is good to invest in BLK and sell it immideately.
About Flyus the guide recommends to invest in AirEmu before legal request and sell after the mission legal trouble then invest in the share FlyUS because it will fall dramatically. After the mission Meltdown the share price will return to what it was pre Legal Trouble. However i did not notice any reduction of price on life invader stocks after i killed the ceo. The only result was the stock dropped but the price did not reduce at all.
So i think some tips of the guide work and other do not. I am before the jewel store job when the guide suggests to invest in vangelico shares after the mission.
Edited by loloki

Nihilanth1982

i am really stuck with this business of making money via shares, not a clue how to do it. i'm trying to make enough to purchase the golf course or even reach half billion so i can do mods for more trophies.

so reading this thread i guess i should get the following shares then:

MerryWeather -49.51%

Augury Insurance +101.49%

Cluckin Bell +66.89%

Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

TexasRocks

Anybody know if you can still make money on Lifeinvader for the Friend Request Mission? Never done it before and just bored wanting to try it.

krooked kouki

i am really stuck with this business of making money via shares, not a clue how to do it. i'm trying to make enough to purchase the golf course or even reach half billion so i can do mods for more trophies.

so reading this thread i guess i should get the following shares then:

MerryWeather -49.51%

Augury Insurance +101.49%

Cluckin Bell +66.89%

Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

IMO, it's far easier to just restart story mode. I really didn't want to, but regardless I wasn't getting property missions to come up, or random events (glitched save) so I really had no choice.

In my first run, ended up with the normal 25 mil per character (roughly what you get from The Big Score) and that was all. Spent money left and right on BS and car mods.

Second time around, completed the story again, skipped some of the little side missions and strangers and freaks. Didn't buy any property/ only upgraded Franklin's car. Went back to this thread and did all the Assassination missions whilst using the stock market and the Hitch lift 1 mission, currently sitting at roughly $2,167,483,647 per character.

It's a real shame that you have to re-do the story, but it's obviously beyond worth it. Took me a few days but now I'll be able to purchase all property and still have plenty of cash to play around and (hopefully) get 100% completion.

Octavio89

Legal Trouble

FlyUS -50.20%

I safed multiple times after that mission and it was stuck at -18.27%. Just sayin (playing on 360 with the latest patch)

PenisCatcher

Does reloading old saves affect the return percentage you get when doing these missions? Like if you try and reload an old save to get a higher return percentage will it actually have the opposite effect? I've heard some players mention this.

ribon

Yes, it does. Or at least it did on the PS3 version, not sure about the PC.

And since we already have the PC version, isn't anyone out there who could just look at the code and say what exactly affects the stocks and how to manipulate the stock market to your favour?

Bolatsi

Thanks for the guide! I did 900M on all of my characters with the assassination missions 2-5. That's quite enough...

esato

Hey guys.

That old "LCN lifeinvader money glitch" still work on ps4? It's a long time since last time I played the game.

Thanks!

BlackEmperor

Hey, short question here. I'm replaying the game again on my Xbox360 and did the first assassination mission for Lester. The Betta stocks correctly rose to about 50% profit, but since I've completed the mission (1 week has passed), Bilkinton stock didn't rebound. It's still stuck at the low point. I've read that on the current gen, the stock profits for these missions were nerfed, but were they for the last gen as well somehow?

EDIT: Ugh, disregard this post. Bilkinton starts to rebound now...

Edited by BlackEmperor

LiverpoolLad

Hey guys,

Im playing on PS4, ans i was following a similar guide to this one. However, when i invested all my money in Debonaire before Assass.2, i finished the mission and afterwards seen that i had no stocks what so ever and no money either?? I had invested $53m and now its all gone.

Has this happened to anyone else, the guide ssays wait 8 game hours then sell but theres nothing even there TO sell??

Please help? :(

Thaks guys!

Crokey

If your money has gone and so have the stocks you've invested in, that sounds more like a game glitch than guide issue, as following this or indeed any other guide shouldn't "swallow" your money or investments.

Did you create a backup save game or are you working off the one save game?

Either way you might have to try raising an infamous ticket with Rockstar "support", to see if they could in any way trace this.

LiverpoolLad

Croker,

Thanks buddy appreciate your help on this. I invested like $52m with Michael and $53m with Franklin so its a lot of money to lose you know lol!

I will google Rockstar support.

Thanks again bro!

MaVi

I did not think of this when I played through the PS3 version two years ago. But I tried it on my second playthrough, this time on PC tough.

This is what I ended up with after doing all the assassination missions and Hitch Lift 1:

- Michael: $1,148,871,883

- Franklin: $1,098,036,011

- Trevor: $1,073,153,736

Thanks for a really good and useful guide Crokey! :colgate:

graspinghippo3

I am on my second run and I have completed the friend request mission, I have invested in life invader when it reached -45%,and kept on sleeping and rechecking for two weeks,but the life invader stock is not raising, instead it's stock price is further decreasing. I have read that it's trial and error regarding the stocks on story missions but is there hope that they will work if I try again.

I am playing on Xbox One.

graspinghippo3

What I'm keeping an eye on for my 1st play-through:

Lester/Franklin Assassination Missions And:

Hotel Assassination

Bilkinton -67.26% -does it recuperate or did you hold on until 'Derailed'?

Minor Turbulence

Vangelico +42.57% -- **** Worth It.

The Paleto Score

Cluckin Bell -39.99% - does it recuperate before the Final Mission?

Derailed

Bilkinton +82.20% -- **** Worth It.

Fresh Meat

Gruppe Sechs +11.17%

Legal Trouble

FlyUS -50.20% - ** Buy then keep for

Meltdown

Richards Majestic -50.03% - *** Probably Worth it.

FlyUS +100.69% - **** Worth It. Combine with Legal Trouble?

MerryWeather -49.51%

Augury Insurance +101.49% -- ****

Cluckin Bell +66.89% -- ***

Gruppe Sechs +10.80%

(Third Way: without spoiling, do all these shifts happen or does it depend on which approach I take? I'm tempted to take the one that effects AUG).

These are the only ones I see as useful. Gruppe Sechs is only 10% but it looks consitant so I included it.

Is this what everyone agrees upon? This the entire comprehensive list?

Thanks. *

Or should I try stocks only for these missions instead of the list on the first page.

I want to thank Crokey and Ribon for such effort, I didn't see this when I was doing my first run so now I am doing a second run following this guide.

magma24

So I'm wondering if there is a way to make decent cash without completing the story or doing the assassination missions through the stock market?

I've tried investing in some stocks (PS3 version, LCN stock exchange) but even with several days passing (including saving games, switching between all 3 characters and checking the stock portfolio regularly), the prices change only very slightly (e.g. */- 0.1%), what's wrong here? Does the stock market not function properly unless you do missions?

Edited by magma24

graspinghippo3

What to do before the first assassination(Hotel Assassination)

http://gta.wikia.com/wiki/The%20Hotel%20Assassination

Check the pre mission preparation.

I found it just now, little late,:-(

I play on Xbox One

I have completed my second run and I have maxed out cash for each character, and some more in stocks. I capped the max amount even though I missed these

Sonar collection docks

Drug Shootout

Maude bail bonds

Another thing is during the final mission of epsilon series we pay a huge amount(50,000) to Chris. Just die during the mission and you will get the money back, then you can hit retry and do it for Gold.

Ribon has given the complete list of stock changes for the story missions(thank you so much for that), I personally prefer to follow only those which show an increase in stock price after the mission, and don't try to do a reload etc to gain more from these stocks, because it will flop entirely. I personally lost by doing so in 'Minor Turbulence' and Crokey also mentioned the same when he tried on the Tinkle stock.

As far as the assassination missions, you can do as many reloads or replays you want,somehow this stock follows a good pattern. Just follow Crokey guide blindly with your personal tweaks if any.

I want to thank Crokey for this wonderful guide.

I followed this to get max pay out for the heists

http://www.gamepur.com/news/12246-gta-v-guide-how-get-maximum-possible-share-each-heist.html

And I am going to start online soon and I am in need of friends so anyone wants to play with me add me 'graspinghippo3' on Xbox

Thanks once again.

Edited by graspinghippo3

graspinghippo3

So I'm wondering if there is a way to make decent cash without completing the story or doing the assassination missions through the stock market?

I've tried investing in some stocks (PS3 version, LCN stock exchange) but even with several days passing (including saving games, switching between all 3 characters and checking the stock portfolio regularly), the prices change only very slightly (e.g. */- 0.1%), what's wrong here? Does the stock market not function properly unless you do missions?

If you took time and read the entire post you would have found the ans buddy, anyways for your ? the ans is 'we can't predict the stock market' it's random. The only constant changes are mentioned on the first page.

magma24

If you took time and read the entire post you would have found the ans buddy, anyways for your ? the ans is 'we can't predict the stock market' it's random. The only constant changes are mentioned on the first page.

Yea I understand it's random, but what I was getting at is that it (LCN) doesn't seem to simulate a living market outside missions e.g. there are no major changes or shifts in stock prices that happen outside missions that would emulate big business events e.g. release of new products/services or flop in sales etc.

From my testing the best stocks to invest in would only yield you about 2% profit max outside any missions, which you means you need to invest at least $1m to reap any reward that will be worth the wait.

magma24

Well, after further experimenting with the stock market, here are some additional tips I can give:

1 - Stock prices are random with each save, so the stocks which are profitable to invest in (outside missions) will vary between players

2 - You get significantly more profit when investing in stocks with a low price vs higher price. This is particularly notable for Lifeinvader. As detailed in the OP, Lifeinvader goes down right after the mission "Monkey Business", this is its lowest point, and hence you should invest your cash after this mission to best capitalise at this point in the game

Note: You may be lucky to have a save which has a stock/stocks at a lower price than LFI at this point (~$4), in which case having multiple highly profitable stocks just helps you more

3 - If you're fairly stingy, don't spend cash on many properties, and you invest in stocks to profit (outside missions) from time to time, keep the following in mind:

Should you follow and execute all the stock tips for Lester's assassination missions after completing the story, you are quite likely to go over the max limit for cash you can have in GTA V, which is $2,147,483,647. Some people have reported issues such as having negative money and not being able to purchase anything in the game when they go over the limit, so be careful.

4 - For the Gruppe Sechs stock rise after the mission "Fresh Meat", you should have invested Michael's money two missions prior (right before the mission "Bury The Hatchet"), as he will be unavailable until this mission

5 - For the Vangelico stock rise after the mission "Minor Turbulence", best to invest Michael and Trevor's money before the mission "Caida Libre" from Martin Madrazo, as they will both be unplayable until this mission (invest with Michael first as you can still capitalise on this with Trevor if you invest in VAG during the mission)

Edited by magma24

Tumppi90

I don't really see a point doing the assassinations after main story. I have done them exactly when they have been available and I've made enough money to buy all properties. This way the profit's from the properties also have some use and I can do property missions throughout the story.