Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,534 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Tilemaxx

The mother of all debates: Which is the best GTA of all time?

The greatest GTA ever created  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the greatest GTA of all time?

• Grand Theft Auto III
    • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
    • Grand Theft Auto IV
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Other GTA's (I&II, handhelds, "Stories", "Episodes", etc)

Tilemaxx

All those butthurt posts and immature users have turned the GTA V forum into a wasteland, literally. What happened to the creative, funny and collaborative V section? Let's end this nonsense (by a degree) by putting a poll, please be civil and polite as you express your opinion. We need to keep this thread as clean as it gets.

Cast your vote, then post here which one you chose and why. We need as many participants as possible.

Thanks.

Edited by Tilemaxx

damndeestar

Lol

Edited by damndeestar

Sordidjaws

Not another one of these...

user14

gta san andreas

Tilemaxx

Not another one of these...

This is for a good reason.

Ermac

This isn't going to end well. In fact, it's gonna be more of the same, people yelling at each other for having differing opinions.

I voted for IV because there's something about that game that just feels right to me. That thing, that magic.

Sunrise Driver

All are good.

And, FYI, GTA Stories are full, standalone games too.

Dodgers2013Champs

San Andreas by a landslide

Nameless Foot Soldier

Just gonna say, GTA IV's episodes are part of GTA IV. Niko's story is 50% of GTA IV and the episodes are the other 50%. That's like saying Michael's part in GTA V is different than the other character parts of GTA V

nuer

Just gonna say, GTA IV's episodes are part of GTA IV. Niko's story is 50% of GTA IV and the episodes are the other 50%. That's like saying Michael's part in GTA V is different than the other character parts of GTA V

What the f*ck did you just say...

Woll Smoth

SA rapes.

CarimboHanky

its relative to each persons taste, opinion and likings...

for me each gta have something that make it the best of it kind.

John Smith

V hands down.

It brought a great mix of most of the best stuff from SA and IV, added a bunch of new stuff, and put it all in one game.

PkUnzipper

Despite the graphic advancement of V with the underwater exploration, it's SA hands down.

V doesn't have THREE separate land masses to explore like SA. Although given V size, it probably wouldn't be possible to do so with today's graphics TBH.

V replaces SA with 3 different protagonists---which cuts the SP storyline by at least a factor of a third. All 3 protagonists were interesting but somewhat forgettable (perhaps with the exception of Trevor) Nice guys but no bond. Don't really feel the urge to replay SP with any of them in any lasting way.

V wins all underwater and terrain feature for graphics and realism hands down. V has the superior graphical world in terms of realism. But SA wins for game immersion, content and countless hours of fun--long after the SP is beat.

Basically:

SA map + all of SA mini games/side missions/content + make over of SA map with GTA 5 beautiful graphics (underwater and on land) + GTA 4 physics engines for vehicles = perfect GTA game. :cool:

This didn't happen. So I vote SA. :/

jptawok

Despite the graphic advancement of V with the underwater exploration, it's SA hands down.

V doesn't have THREE separate land masses to explore like SA. Although given V size, it probably wouldn't be possible to do so with today's graphics TBH.

V replaces SA with 3 different protagonists---which cuts the SP storyline by at least a factor of a third. All 3 protagonists were interesting but somewhat forgettable (perhaps with the exception of Trevor) Nice guys but no bond. Don't really feel the urge to replay SP with any of them in any lasting way.

V wins all underwater and terrain feature for graphics and realism hands down. V has the superior graphical world in terms of realism. But SA wins for game immersion, content and countless hours of fun--long after the SP is beat.

Basically:

SA map + all of SA mini games/side missions/content + make over of SA map with GTA 5 beautiful graphics (underwater and on land) + GTA 4 physics engines for vehicles = perfect GTA game. :cool:

Sums it up nicely.

Edited by jptawok

ClearFlame5335

Actually liked GTA 3 the most. Not entirely sure why.

Dale Nixon

vice city because poontang

Proletariat

Basically:

If they can do that bolded part on the PC or if Rockstar can make an HD version of San Andreas, then I will say GTA SA is better than GTA V.

InfernoV

THE MOTHER OF ALL REPEATED TOPICS

This kid actually thought he was the first one to make such a topic ahahahaha

CEVFRIO

You shouldn't bunch LCS VCS etc together, seeing as they vary. LCS was great, VCS sucked, CTW wasn't bad and Advance was just a little money-maker that they tried to sell off with SA.

It's a tie between SA and VC for me. =)

Gnocchi Flip Flops

Definitely not V in my opinion. The fact that its leading isn't surprising though...

My top 5 GTA's are:

Vice City

IV

V

San Andreas

III

Hate me all you eant but this is my opinion: if V weren't so pretty I'd probably rate it below San Andreas.

Algonquin Assassin

San Andreas....

Sorry blonde moment. GTA IV.

Blasterman4EVER

Nameless footsoldier is right.

Blasterman4EVER

1. V

2. IV (TBoGT & TLaD included)

3. San Andreas

4. III

5. Vice City

Tilemaxx

V is overall (presentation, graphics, gameplay, general mechanics, original score, 3 protags), the most enjoyable of all GTA's to me.

However SA had the most craziest story found ever in a game. Cast was pretty insane and deep at the same time. Sweet, Smoke, Ryder, Catalina, the crazy Maccer and Kent Paul, the corrupted Tempenny, Zero, The Truth, Og Loc, Toreno, the deluded Ken Rosenberg. It was awesome.

My vote went to GTA V, because i think it's the best GTA overall, but story-wise San Andreas was just incomparable.

Tilemaxx

You shouldn't bunch LCS VCS etc together, seeing as they vary. LCS was great, VCS sucked, CTW wasn't bad and Advance was just a little money-maker that they tried to sell off with SA.

It's a tie between SA and VC for me. =)

Had included each one of them in the poll, the list would've been too long. I always considered those as spin-offs and GTA I&II are obliously out of the GOTY question.

DeafMetal

If we're going by core games...

V > SA > IV > VC > III

Official General

Vice City and San Andreas are both the best GTAs ever. I cannot really say one is better than the other. They both wipe the floor with all the other GTAs.

Budweiser Addict

GTA III hands down. That game has something magic about it that Rockstar couldn't replicate again, even if they tried. It MADE Grand Theft Auto.

It's just a damn shame it gets so much hate because "I can't get a haircut" or "It's not about the hood" and all the other BS that comes with people introduced to the series with San Andreas.

j.hunt

V hands down.