1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

wolvie2979

Who would win a fight- Trevor Phillips or Niko Bellic?

Grotti Vigilante
1 minute ago, Miamivicecity said:

I was going to say Chuck Norris. No one f*cks with the Nun Chuck.

Bruce Lee would like a word 😉.

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

With all due respect I fail to see how any of the GTA V protagonists stand a better chance against Trevor than Niko. This is especially true for Franklin who is just a young street hoodlum with no demonstrable fighting experience. Niko is a veteran trained in hand-to-hand combat which likely includes the ability to kill opponents when necessary. The only relevant weakness I can think of with Trevor in regards to the fight anyway is his aggression, which would probably be uncontrolled and blind him in his fighting. Niko would’ve been trained in controlling it and applying it during each of his techniques. That plus his military experience alone gives him the edge.

If Niko had fought in any tournaments instead and had no actual fighting experience against aggressors then I would see this as a more closely evened match that may go in favour of Trevor. Heck, if Niko wasnt trained at all then I’d give the win to Trevor based solely on his higher aggression. But this isn’t the case unfortunately. We have one who is a trained killer and war veteran and another who is a deranged pshycopath that is as dangerous as he is aggressive.

Since these guys are all criminals, I think the only thing any of us can all agree without a shadow of a doubt on is that neither of them stand any more than a snowball’s chance in hell against Batman! 

A fight against Trevor isn't just decided by skills but Trevor's mental issues play a big part. I'm not saying Michael or Franklin have a higher chance in comparison to Niko when facing Trevor because they are "more skilled". It's because throughout the story you can see the "only" parts Trevor shows any kind of vulnerability is when his friends or family betray him. That's basically his weakness and in a situation like this he can't put up even half a fight or show any of his capabilities. Such a thing will never happen when he faces Niko so he will be at his peak. my points are about an all rounder fight that anything is allowed. Not just fists. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Grotti Vigilante
1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

A fight against Trevor isn't just decided by skills but Trevor's mental issues play a big part. I'm not saying Michael or Franklin have a higher chance in comparison to Niko when facing Trevor because they are "more skilled". It's because throughout the story you can see the "only" parts Trevor shows any kind of vulnerability is when his friends or family betray him. That's basically his weakness and in a situation like this he can't put up even half a fight or show any of his capabilities. Such a thing will never happen when he faces Niko so he will be at his peak. 

I kind of guessed that's what you were going for. This is why I only see Trevor's aggression as a relevant weakness. In any case against Michael and Franklin I would say a fight would be more determined by how Trevor is feeling. He might be a sociopath (cause in hindsight a psychopath isn't quite the word for it), but I don't doubt he would have this instinct to hold back. It's no coincidence that he was never going to kill Michael despite his anger towards him. But like you said, this wouldn't happen with Niko, hence why I think aggression on his part is his only weakness in an actual fight. Unless Trevor asked Niko to go bowling and triggered his inner uncontrollable rage then the levels of aggression control are likely uneven. On a side-note, if they knew each other to an extent, I can easily imagine Trevor mockingly asking Niko to go bowling just to get the early taunts out.

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

I kind of guessed that's what you were going for. This is why I only see Trevor's aggression as a relevant weakness. In any case against Michael and Franklin I would say a fight would be more determined by how Trevor is feeling. He might be a sociopath (cause in hindsight a psychopath isn't quite the word for it), but I don't doubt he would have this instinct to hold back. It's no coincidence that he was never going to kill Michael despite his anger towards him. But like you said, this wouldn't happen with Niko, hence why I think aggression on his part is his only weakness in an actual fight. Unless Trevor asked Niko to go bowling and triggered his inner uncontrollable rage then the levels of aggression control are likely uneven. On a side-note, if they knew each other to an extent, I can easily imagine Trevor mockingly asking Niko to go bowling just to get the early taunts out.

Keep in mind that I'm talking about a full blown fight not a fist fight. In a fist fight Niko would kill Trevor but in a full all rounder type of fight Trevor easily beats Niko due to his intelligence and quick decision making. 

It's kinda funny how these two characters are so different but I can see them be very good friends. I could picture them sitting in the beach talking about their f*cked up past all day. 

Grotti Vigilante
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

Keep in mind that I'm talking about a full blown fight not a fist fight. In a fist fight Niko would kill Trevor but in a full all rounder type of fight Trevor easily beats Niko due to his intelligence and quick decision making. 

It's kinda funny how these two characters are so different but I can see them be very good friends. I could picture them sitting in the beach talking about their f*cked up past all day. 

Full blown fight? Now that is different. Against an armed weapon, which is essentially just an extension of the limb, Niko would still have the upper hand. But if we're talking about the first one to draw a weapon I can see where you're coming from. I only wish we had understand that ground earlier. Honestly though I'm not sure I can see them being good friends. Trevor might like Niko but I think Niko might see him as deranged or something (and he wouldn't be wrong). I don't know though, you might be right or I might be right in regards to their actual hypothetical association with each other.

TheSantader25
4 minutes ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

Full blown fight? Now that is different. Against an armed weapon, which is essentially just an extension of the limb, Niko would still have the upper hand. But if we're talking about the first one to draw a weapon I can see where you're coming from. I only wish we had understand that ground earlier. Honestly though I'm not sure I can see them being good friends. Trevor might like Niko but I think Niko might see him as deranged or something (and he wouldn't be wrong). I don't know though, you might be right or I might be right in regards to their actual hypothetical association with each other.

Niko weirdly likes to talk to these types of strangers though. It's evident that he's desperate to talk to other troubled people like he did with Eddie Low or Marnie. 

And when we talk about a full blown fight I picture a fight where obstacles or smart decisions like using the environment or different interiors play a big part not just a fight where two protagonist stand in front of each other and suddenly decide to draw weapons. That's where I picture Trevor as the winner. 

Grotti Vigilante
Just now, TheSantader25 said:

Niko weirdly likes to talk to these types of strangers though. It's evident that he's desperate to talk to other troubled people like he did with Eddie Low or Marnie. 

And when we talk about a full blown fight I picture a fight where obstacles or smart decisions like using the environment or different interiors play a big part not just a fight where two protagonist stand in front of each other and suddenly decide to draw weapons. That's where I picture Trevor as the winner. 

I must've missed those parts of GTA IV. Perhaps I ought to take another visit to the game some day. I'm glad at least we've been able to establish the circumstances in which they fight. Usually these conditions have to be set for me or I usually just imagine a fist-fight in any environment or something. 

SonOfLiberty
23 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

I couldn't. I'd be disgusted if Niko ever saw Trevor as a friend lol. I could see him having a beer with Michael, maybe Franklin, but Trevor? From my experience in GTA IV Niko has a low tolerance for dickheads.😉

TheSantader25
1 minute ago, Miamivicecity said:

I couldn't. I'd be disgusted if Niko ever saw Trevor as a friend lol. I could see him having a beer with Michael, maybe Franklin, but Trevor? From my experience in GTA IV Niko has a low tolerance for dickheads.😉

Sigh

If Niko had a guy like Trevor beside him Dimitri would be dead in like the first 20 missions😉

Davao
Just now, Miamivicecity said:

Don't worry, I wouldn't think Niko would ever be friendly with Trevor, I'd think Niko would kill Trevor if he ever came to LC, because a lot of people would want him dead.  I'd think he have a beer with Michael, because they both have family in common.

TheSantader25

Bonus point:

If Niko uses his special quote when he fights Trevor he is dead. Trevor is sensitive about that word... 

SonOfLiberty
16 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Sigh

If Niko had a guy like Trevor beside him Dimitri would be dead in like the first 20 missions😉

Trevor can't even execute his own heist without screwing it up. He'd most definitely still be trying to figure out that Dimitri stabbed him in the back and Niko would be on to it.😛

But all jokes aside I suppose in a alternative reality far, far away they might find some commonality to talk about the sh*t they've seen over the years. 

Davao

I can see that if Trevor ever comes to LC, all the mafia families will be after him and the gangs especially with what he gets up too, so I don't think he will be even there for 5 minutes, Niko might not get the chance to fight him.  I don't believe that rubbish about Trevor killing Niko in that bar with his jacket up there

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Miamivicecity said:

Trevor can't even execute his own heist without screwing it up. He'd most definitely still be trying to figure out that Dimitri stabbed him in the back and Niko would be on to it.😛

But all jokes aside I suppose in a alternative reality far, far away they might find some commonality to talk about the sh*t they've seen over the years. 

He DID execute the heist though. The problem wasn't the execution. It was the whole idea. Just imagine Trevor in "Russian Revolution" instead of LJ. Dimitri would be dead... 

12 minutes ago, Davao said:

I can see that if Trevor ever comes to LC, all the mafia families will be after him and the gangs especially with what he gets up too, so I don't think he will be even there for 5 minutes, Niko might not get the chance to fight him.  I don't believe that rubbish about Trevor killing Niko in that bar with his jacket up there

Trevor already experienced conflict with countless Gangs in Blaine County and a private Military. A bunch of mafias who barely have the power they used to can't do sh*t. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Davao
1 minute ago, TheSantader25 said:

He DID execute the heist though. The problem wasn't the execution. It was the whole idea. Just imagine Trevor in "Russian Revolution" instead of LJ. Dimitri would be dead... 

Trevor already experienced conflict with countless Gangs in Blaine County and a private Military. A bunch of mafias who barely have the power they used can't do sh*t. 

If Trevor was partners with Niko? Could you see him doing a Dimitri on him? I could, then in the end Niko kills him.

TheSantader25
2 minutes ago, Davao said:

If Trevor was partners with Niko? Could you see him doing a Dimitri on him? I could, then in the end Niko kills him.

Trevor doesn't betray his capable friends. 

Davao
3 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

Trevor doesn't betray his capable friends. 

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I wouldn't trust him at all, I'm sure Niko would get fed up of him in time,

TheSantader25
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Davao said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I wouldn't trust him at all, I'm sure Niko would get fed up of him in time. 

If experience has taught anything, We know that Niko keeps working with people as long as they don't try to kill him or betray him. 

Edited by TheSantader25

Davao
4 minutes ago, TheSantader25 said:

If experience has taught anything, We know that Niko keeps working with people as long as they don't try to kill him or betray him. 

I don't think he would have kept on working with Manny any longer if he didn't die because he found him annoying and didn't he stop working with Brucie because he got on his nerves

TheSantader25
Just now, Davao said:

I don't think he would have kept on working with Manny any longer if he didn't die because he found him annoying and didn't he stop working with Brucie because he got on his nerves

Non of those people were profitable. Trevor kept working with annoying pegorino because he paid well. 

Officer Ronson
6 hours ago, Miamivicecity said:

Niko handled a deranged serial killer that rushed at him with a knife so Trevor's a walkover. As far as I'm concerned there's no need to approach this question overthinking it. To put it simply lock them both inside a UFC octagon where the dog Trevor HAS to actually fight someone toe to toe for a change.

Even if this hypothetical fight took place in 2013 Niko would still be in the prime of his life where Trevor's a washed up f*ckwit. Niko's proven he can handle his own in straight up fights without using dodgy tactics yet Trevor can't win a clean fight. Fact. Like I've always said Trevor reminds me of one of those chicken sh*t high school bullies that likes to prey on the weak, but as soon as his match is met he crumbles like stack of bricks.

Yes, a thirty something year old mentally disturbed serial killer, whos prey where early morning joggers, you can't compare Niko killing Eddie Low, an actually weak person that attacks when there's little to no public, to Trevor, someone who openly attacks gangs and throws people over bridges. 

You're simplifying things to make Niko have the better outcome here. 

Arnold Stallone

Niko is a veteran of the Yugoslavian civil war so he would have more experience with ground fighting but has no special abilities. 

Trevor is an Air Force veteran and has the ability to get angry and take a lot of damage. 

in a ground based shootout/hand to hand fight Hard call but I'm going with Niko.

Grotti Vigilante
1 minute ago, Arnold Stallone said:

Trevor is an Air Force veteran and has the ability to get angry and take a lot of damage. 

Just a mild nitpick correction, but Trevor never was in the Air Force properly. He was close to ending his training but was deemed psychologically unsuitable. I mean that's quite funny considering that it's a job that involves killing, something Trevor has displayed no issue doing.

Arnold Stallone
5 minutes ago, Grotti Vigilante said:

Just a mild nitpick correction, but Trevor never was in the Air Force properly. He was close to ending his training but was deemed psychologically unsuitable. I mean that's quite funny considering that it's a job that involves killing, something Trevor has displayed no issue doing.

In that case I'm even more confident the level headed Niko would be able to beat Trevor...Unless they got in a dogfight using fighter jets.

Grotti Vigilante

There's no real reasons to simplify anything since the outcomes can be easily explained. In a fist-fight alone, Niko would beat Trevor, and in a weapons brawl Niko would likely still win if the said weapons are melee weapons available to them. In an all-out brawl where any weapon is allowed, it can go either way. It would usually depend on the environment and whose better skilled at handling it, and more importantly it matters both who is the first to shoot, and who makes the first mistake. 

Chunky Chopsticks

It's impossible to truly judge which one would win because we have never really seen the absolute limits of their capabilities. Most of the things Niko did Trevor could do, and most of the things Trevor did Niko could do. However, for the sake of this thread, I would have to say Niko would win, but only just barely. 

TheSantader25
1 hour ago, Chunky Chopsticks said:

It's impossible to truly judge which one would win because we have never really seen the absolute limits of their capabilities. Most of the things Niko did Trevor could do, and most of the things Trevor did Niko could do. 

I doubt Niko has the balls to fly a crop duster into a military airplane while he is being attacked by Rockets😂

Chunky Chopsticks
1 hour ago, TheSantader25 said:

I doubt Niko has the balls to fly a crop duster into a military airplane while he is being attacked by Rockets😂

I said "most" not "all".