2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Looking for fellow offroad freaks [PS3]

Durtywhyteboi88

Trevor's truck does offroading better than my Rancher XL. Holy moly!

It is pretty bad ass in the dirt!

Joey I am very sorry for shooting you several times last night, the auto aim grabbed you when we both ran in front of each other's crossfire....I think those asshats last night were in "God Mode" because I wasn't able to kill them from the jets or vehicles they were in...but I could shoot them in the swamps when they were running around.

furthermore, get a microphone, bro! See you soon.

Trevor's truck does offroading better than my Rancher XL. Holy moly!

It is pretty bad ass in the dirt!

Joey I am very sorry for shooting you several times last night, the auto aim grabbed you when we both ran in front of each other's crossfire....I think those asshats last night were in "God Mode" because I wasn't able to kill them from the jets or vehicles they were in...but I could shoot them in the swamps when they were running around.

furthermore, get a microphone, bro! See you soon.

It was a blast. We destroyed those guys. I had a mic, but it was charging last night:).

Me, backwoodsgramp and a few others were having fun in the swamp earlier. Only had 6 dollars at the time though, and you guys made me total both my rebels!

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Might be a dumb question, but are there any offroad races in the game?

Yes. Some of them go offroad to road and vice versa.

I remember one race strictly offroad, but don't remember the name. It was in Vinewood hills

Might be a dumb question, but are there any offroad races in the game?

Yes. Some of them go offroad to road and vice versa.

I remember one race strictly offroad, but don't remember the name. It was in Vinewood hills

There's a pure off-road race located near the train tracks in Sandy Shores. I forget the name, though.

My garage has a Rebel 4x4, Off-Road Mesa, BF Injection (I swear by it), and a Dune Buggy. So I think I can qualify as an Off-Road freak. Just wish there was a lot more desert with nothing.

Just added a bunch more of you guys. Going online now for a little wheeling before bed. PSN: dtfiloso

Good hill climbing tonight dude! You and the Bodhi guy picked some tricky spots. If I hadn't totalled the Roach and Tatya (my Rebels) and wasn't opening today I'd still be on. Will post pics tomorrow

Edited by Knucklehead211

I have the sandking xl and the mesa, love them both and alsways take them out for a climb. But mesa is a bitch to keep up, shes very top heavy, but i learned that if you lower her suspension then its not so bad. The only thing i dont like is that they both feel heavy when driving and climing, but yet when you hit a rock just barely a little to hard, its inevitable that you flip over, get tossed to the side or jump 10-15ft in the air...

Anyways, id like to have a buddy to go off roading with that isnt all about trying to kill someone. So if anyone is interested just give me an add on PSN

GT: MrSirLanceAlot

11r81ns.jpg

1ryc6e.jpg

Edited by MrSirLanceAlot

Just added a bunch more of you guys. Going online now for a little wheeling before bed. PSN: dtfiloso

Good hill climbing tonight dude! You and the Bodhi guy picked some tricky spots. If I hadn't totalled the Roach and Tatya (my Rebels) and wasn't opening today I'd still be on. Will post pics tomorrow

Yeah that Bodhi was amazing. After you left he swapped it for his modded BF Injection. That thing hauled ass too. It surprises me how much the 2WD vehicles outperform the 4x4's off-road. R* needs to do some fine tuning on the vehicle physics, specifically the 4x4's. Give them better low end torque even if they're not high horsepower. Give them stickier tires off-road, to mimic airing down and/or using softer rubber compounds that are common to off-road tires IRL. And give them better power distribution to the front axle, and lockers. My Rebel's front tires hardly ever pull like they should, and never lock up. The 4x4 physics were much better in GTAIV, even though there was hardly any place to wheel. Which makes it such a crying-ass shame in V, where we have just endless miles of awesome terrain to explore but sh*tty 4x4's to do it in.

Wish I had pictures of it on here, but the other night myself, some of my crew members and a guy from here, PANDAmonium I think his name was, we were all offroading, basically from the dam, across the map to Zancudo, up some nasty rock strewn trails next to not mount chiliad, and then to the beach before everything kinda went to sh*t when we tried to get replacement vehicles.

The sunset at the very top of the mountain with 6 trucks was pretty badass. My patriot may handle like a bus on the road, but offroad is where my baby shines.

If only the 4x4 system in the game actually worked, and traction made a difference. Too many times trying to climb over a small set of rocks while progressing up a ravine, and the moment you touch the rocks your car is a brick of ice on a hot plate.

It baffles my mind how they f*cked up GTAIV AWD and 4x4 vehicles when they obviously just CTR-C CTR-V'd them into GTA V.

The only place to wheel in IV was down on the "beach" if you could even call it that.

Also, they need to make 4x4 vehicles a bit more hardy. IF it has a snorkel, it needs to be functional, by simply raising the water damage line-code. Also, I'd really like some off road mods for my patriot. It has roof mounted KC lights, but they dont work for some reason. It has a skid plate it seems, which helps, but could use a bit more stuff to play with.

How awesome would it be to have a functional winch, where you need a buddy to run up, grab it and run it to a tree or rock or something.

Edited by jdkzombie

IF it has a snorkel, it needs to be functional

Well slapping on a snorkel ain't gonna do sh*t.

I like to think of it as an aesthetic modification, and they didn't take the other steps to make it more water friendly.

It's the best I can do for Rock*'s laziness.

How awesome would it be to have a functional winch, where you need a buddy to run up, grab it and run it to a tree or rock or something.

A winch would be more than handy for offroading in this game. Oh God the uses it could have.

Edited by The Law