Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,264 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

darkwar854

Anyone else think bounty needs a buff?

Bounty patch?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think bounty should be patched for how much money you get if you survive?

• bounty should make you lose $500 every time you are in your house, but still have the same bounty for other players?
    • It should not allow you to win the bounty on yourself.
    • Stay the same
    • If you are in your house, the bounty time freezes until you come out.

darkwar854

Now yesterday I put a 7k bounty on someone. So he just goes and sits in his house for 48 minutes. Now idk if he was just a straight pussy, or was so broke that he needed 7k for something. But does anyone think that you shouldn't get the bounty another player puts on you? Or rockstar could just make it so you lose $500 every 5 minutes you are in your house. That way you would have to get out and survive. But I still won, because he lost 48 minutes of his life trying to get 7k while I can do one race and get 7k easily. What a noob.

cayler

Agreed, should not have money for hiding in apartment, another player or NPC bounty placed regardless.

Personally I have fun avoiding hunters and give credit to these who can finally get me (if so).

Had a few really god fights and air fights that way.

Tupiz

No! Definitely not.

jdice1980

Anyone that has 48 minutes to sit in their apartment to get the few dollars that goes into a bounty really needs to reassess their lives. If I'm online 48 minutes I'm not going to waste it doing that. You could make that up in 20 minutes robbing stores. Sheesh.

bobblunderbust

who_cares.gif?1320322263

Terp 31

I agree with making the timer freeze while they are in the apartment. Think its dumb when i can't hunt a bounty on some guy sitting in his garage or his apartment for a 5k bounty

Boogieroc

That's the point of buying a safe house. I agree that waiting in the apartment is cheap and a bitch move, but that's the point of a safe house.

TheBeautifulGame

Now yesterday I put a 7k bounty on someone. So he just goes and sits in his house for 48 minutes. Now idk if he was just a straight pussy, or was so broke that he needed 7k for something. But does anyone think that you shouldn't get the bounty another player puts on you? Or rockstar could just make it so you lose $500 every 5 minutes you are in your house. That way you would have to get out and survive. But I still won, because he lost 48 minutes of his life trying to get 7k while I can do one race and get 7k easily. What a noob.

Don't you get a trophy/achievement for surviving a bounty? May be thats why he did it and not for the 7k?

GraniteDevil

There's so much wrong with your post. Here's your itemized list of fail:

1. you put a bounty on someone

2. you cry that he hid in his apartment

3. you think people should be further penalized for having bounties on them

4. you think you have the solution to a problem that doesn't exist

5. you think you "won"

6. you think he "lost"

7. you used the word "noob"

The system should stay the same.

Edited by GraniteDevil

theadmiral

The problem here is that you can put a bounty on anyone for any reason, so i'm afraid I respectfully disagree.

If the system was something like, you can only put a bounty on someone who has killed you 3 times in a row or something, then I might agree.

Kulgrim

S/he spent more money on that safehouse then the bounty you placed on his/her head cost. So yea, I think he should be able to hide in his safehouse till it expires if s/he wants.

one_-AFRO-_three

I just let a crew member claim the bounty..

We both win yet the other guy loses.

:)

Matticus88

I voted for the bottom option, but expand that to ANY place where you can't get killed for the bounty. shops, lsc etc.

petraeus

the problem is ... there is no problem stop being bad lol

Pinnkiepie

The Bounty-timer could Freeze when you are in your apartment :)

Kracus

People who choose to hide in the safe house should be allowed to do so without penalty. The reality is, their house has basically become a jail and they're serving their time. I think if you spend the majority in your house though the person who placed the bounty on your head should have the money returned to them.

WinterEdit

the problem is ... there is no problem stop being bad lol

I'll just stop...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

... Breaking Bad.

gnad1992

who_cares.gif?1320322263

Eradicate

The problem here is that you can put a bounty on anyone for any reason, so i'm afraid I respectfully disagree.

If the system was something like, you can only put a bounty on someone who has killed you 3 times in a row or something, then I might agree.

Agreed. This whole thing is more like a complaint that you can't ruin other people's gameplay enough.

theadmiral

Agreed. This whole thing is more like a complaint that you can't ruin other people's gameplay enough.

Exactly! Even if the OP did not intend that, if you implemented this system, there are enough people in GTAO that would use it for no reason other than to irritate people.

Masher8559

Nope, rich glitchers are randomly putting high bounties on me and so i go home for a nice cup of tea to claim my money. Cheers.

AcuRaw

People who choose to hide in the safe house should be allowed to do so without penalty. The reality is, their house has basically become a jail and they're serving their time. I think if you spend the majority in your house though the person who placed the bounty on your head should have the money returned to them.

THIS.

I look at it the same way. I was killed last night while driving into my garage to save my car mods. I was pissed, just wanted to save my game and some asshole sticky bombs me and my car.

I put a bounty on his head. He ran straight home to JAIL. The guy did not come out and bother anyone else for the rest of my session.

I basically paid to get the asshole out of Free Roam for 48 min.

TECHN9CiAN

Dont be sore losers. If you put a bounty on someone and they manage to outsmart you and keep the money, then tough! Dont be putting bounties on people, its a waste of money and shows that u gave up trying to kill someone on your own after probably getting killed multiple times by the person u set a bounty on. Setting a bounty on people makes you as much a pu$$y as the person hiding till the bounty comes off.

I eithers stay in the aprtment if i have the time to waste, or will call a crewmate or friend to kill me and give me the money so i can take away the chance to give the satisfaction of killing from the bounty setter. Haters gona hate.

Edited by the7ftmidget

GamerPatriot

Keep it the same!! Heck I don't even have a apartment and I survive. I just get in a chopper and fly around for 48mins.

SLUGFly

Recommended bounty changes.

-Bounties travel with the player into whatever mode and can be claimed by any player in the new mode.

-low bounties can be bought off.

-1000 to 10,000 bounties last 24 game hours.

-10,000 to 50,000 bounties last 48 hours.

-50,000 to 100,000 bounties last 4 days.

-100,000 to 500,000 lasts 1 week.

-passive mode, apartments and stores pause the bounty cool-down or slow it.

-players can set bounties on self.

darkwar854

He did destroy my car, so I wanted revenge, but he just kept killing me over and over, so I put a bounty on him.

SilencedScream

For bounties, it's simple:

If you're in your apartment or in a private server, the bounty timer shouldn't count down.

Areacode8O8

If he's going to sit in his apartment till his bounty is up he's already lost. It's the guys that leave the game that should be penalized.

Knight.

In my opinion this whole bounty thing is stupid. When I get a bounty I just make sure not to have $ on me and keep playing until someone kills me or I get a chopper and mess around for a bit.

SLUGFly

I love getting bounties on me. I go into store robbery mode for a while, earn 10-50k that way, then 1-9k for outliving the bounty. :)