3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Deffpony

Share Your Stories

X Mr Meaner X

Was feeling generous the other night, so helped out a lvl 30 MC president with 2 source missions, torched and a coke sale. Must have spent 45 mins or so helping him, then text him and asked for a hand to do a quick bunker sell. I leave the MC club, he spawns a deluxo and flies to me, blows me up and leaves the session. WTF?!  

No Homing
On 10/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, X Mr Meaner X said:

Was feeling generous the other night, so helped out a lvl 30 MC president with 2 source missions, torched and a coke sale. Must have spent 45 mins or so helping him, then text him and asked for a hand to do a quick bunker sell. I leave the MC club, he spawns a deluxo and flies to me, blows me up and leaves the session. WTF?!  

Because you became marked for death.

X Mr Meaner X
1 hour ago, No Homing said:

Because you became marked for death.

Fair enough, but don't be a b*tch and leave straight after. 

No Homing
5 hours ago, X Mr Meaner X said:

Fair enough, but don't be a b*tch and leave straight after. 

Couldn't agree more dude. Also doesn't mean you should always do what the game tells you to do.

Dr.Rosenthal
On 10/27/2018 at 10:56 PM, X Mr Meaner X said:

Some people... Smh. I've pretty much given up helping strangers because some of them act like that. A few months back I helped two guys who were sh*t at the game, they didn't know what the f*ck they were doing so I felt good about helping them.. but I also did like 80% of the workload. Oh, well, it was entertaining while I was doing it. I like to keep busy and enjoy helping others.

And then after maybe two hours of helping them (with a bunch of bullsh*t stuff too - I mean, personally, if I'm hiring randoms I'll make sure we all get top dollar for our time invested, be it MC sales of 30k per head, VIP work of roughly the same figures, etc, in short; something that will not be a complete waste of time for them)... so yeah, anyway; after maybe two hours of helping them with Bunker resupplies, stealing I/E cars and such, I asked if they could help me sell my Bunker. They both left.

Nowadays I'm playing with a rather tight-knit group, I know I can rely on them and they feel the same about me. Randoms can go f*ck their mothers.

PwnageSoldier

I was fighting a couple griefers that attacked me and I remembered these song lyrics and made a meaning that cross-references with the usual griefing in GTA:O

I'm used to feeling you're stalking me (a griefer)
I lie awake for the next explosion (the attack)
With every word always haunting me (the insults shouted at me)
I'm never able to let my guard down (never be able to relax when doing business)
I feel the tension begin to rise (when people join)
I'm tired of living the sick déjà vu again (sick of getting attacked by randoms)
If we're able to compromise (able to be friendly)
There's no hope of me getting screwed again (there's no hope of me losing my sells)

Yeah, we'll draw battle lines 
Glorify those defenses once again
Yeah, we'll scream the same old lines (same old insults)
We'll meet each other's eyes and that is when

They all will hear our battle cry (the war occurs)
(This venom) (the universal hate)
It keeps repeating and it's making me realize
We're just not able to survive (this will never end)
(This venom) (the universal hate)
This venom's killing us and we won't make it out alive 

This song can also be interpreted for real life warfare such as the world wars, and things like the fighting between lovers.

One last thing, Remembrance Day, or Armistice Day, or whatever you call it in your country is here (unless you don't celebrate it on November 11th), the 100th anniversary of Armistice - the end of WW1. Personally I believe that no matter what happens, fighting will never end. Lest us forget what our military do for us back here at home, past, present, and future. (yes, this is one of the times where I get really patriotic about Canada and the military.)

(side note: god damn it, my text is stuck in rich text.)
Edited by PwnageSoldier

georgewillie

Last night, I was in a crew friendly session about 8 people so i figured “why not sell my 1.1 million dollar nightclub stock”. 

Drove in the middle size delivery vehicle all the way to sandy shores.  Few blocks from my drop, a random in a deluxo popped into the lobby.  He immediately went after me.  I was delivering solo with no backup since my lobby was crew friendly. 

He starts firing missles at me.  I had some turns to make and he kept missing.  He couldn’t radar lock me for some reason. Get to a straightaway and I’m thinking “I’m dead”.  He gets behind me and starts blasting me.  Connected with like 4 missles, good thing the truck can take a couple homing.  I started freaking out, and assuming he was flying at altitude and i had no hope my only thought was “screw it, drop a prox mine since it’s all i could do”.  Dropped one and he immediately blew up!!!

idiot was flying at street level and drove into my only defense.  He would’ve killed me for sure if he was up a bit higher.  I completed my delivery, got my money, it was literally the most satisfying kill I’ve ever had in the game.  

Edited by georgewillie

Barnie Spacullie

Lately when ive been getting griefed by people with far superior weopans i literally stalk them in passive mode and wait until they do some work and get paid..... call up the homie Lamar, watch them get knocked down. Kill the griefers, kill the  mugger, and take off in my low rider and run to the nearest safe house. The thrill beats any revenge in the game. 

Beato_dim

Me and a friend were recruited into an organization; the VIP (or a CEO, I don't really remember) was doing the Sightseer. I called up my Buzzard and picked him up; then I started typing into chat "put a waypoint for me" or smth like that since he didn't put it up and some people don't realise only associates/bodyguards don't see the package markers.

What I didn't realise is that I didn't actually press the chat button (T), and I'm a fast typist, so as soon as I pressed F I bailed out of the chopper, and the VIP was killed in a crash shortly thereafter. It was awkward.

CanadianMuscle

Little bit of irony, if you ask me...

Edited by CanadianMuscle

Big Molio

I got a barrage of abuse yesterday with claims I had a “bought” account, because “nobody has a legit rank 889”

Dont these people know that the game is over five years old now?

FrozenDanCicle
On 11/18/2018 at 2:11 AM, Big Molio said:

I got a barrage of abuse yesterday with claims I had a “bought” account, because “nobody has a legit rank 889”

Dont these people know that the game is over five years old now?

Yup.  1276 here.  I've learned theses no point arguing.  Some people are so stupid they cannot comprehend there are things they don't know.

Dr.Rosenthal

When you mug someone and he immediately blows himself up afterwards so the mugger gets away, and then your buddy kills the mugger and takes the 10 grand. Win lol so much stupidity on this game it’s crazy

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

Barnie Spacullie
On 11/19/2018 at 9:57 PM, FrozenDanCicle said:

Yup.  1276 here.  I've learned theses no point arguing.  Some people are so stupid they cannot comprehend there are things they don't know.

Tbh i would have never guessed there was a real account (that didnt use mods to speed it up) over 900 before i saw this. But i guess, there is no point in leveling up at certain point so why cheat to do so

hugh750

last night i was in a session where i kept having weird glitches, about 7 - 8 times the game told me my personal vehicle was destroyed (when it wasn't).🤣

and when i took my bollokan to the central lsc there was 2 mechanics.

whaat??????

Forza Harrd

I did something today I hardly ever do: started Headhunter in a Savage in a crowded public session. I started it in the north where it wasn't so crowded, and just as I hoped an Op MkII showed up beeping at me from behind. Turns out the Savage is basically op compared to the flying motorcycle ver 2. I was easily out turning and keeping him in my sights, spamming guided rockets that exploded any of his rockets that came close to me.

I tangled with him three times, twice in the Savage and once in the Buzzard. I killed him easily every time in the Savage spamming missiles while he killed me pretty easily in my Buzzard.

Dr.Rosenthal

Late last night I was in a session with a rank 8 or thereabout. I messaged him ”Friendly if you are.”, he then drove up to me and stopped at a distance. I spawned my Half-track and told him to hop on. He did, and manned the gun for a bit.

I then explained that I have pretty much every vehicle, and asked him if he wanted to try any; ”Fighter jet, Oppressor, Helicopter etc...”

He didn’t respond, I think it was because he didn’t understand jack sh*t of what I said (he was Italian, apparently).

So I drove us to the beach and spawned a Lazer for him, but when I turned my back to him I saw him draw his weapon, and I was too slow. He got me once, oh well, it was just fun and games.

So then I spawned my CEO Buzzard and killed him with non-homings maybe 15 times, after which I proceeded to kill him on foot. He then went passive, messaged me some dirty italian phrases which I couldn’t understand, and then ultimately he left.

1. What was wrong with him? Why kill someone who’s trying to be nice to you, especially when that someone is 570 ranks higher than you? In a session with just us and another Office-afk-dweller? Did he not foresee that he’d get his ass kicked?

2. Why did he think that I would understand Italian?

I’d normally feel bad about attacking such a low rank newcomer to the game, but if he’s an ass I’ll treat him like an ass as much as I want. I just don’t understand how some people function, I guess...

Edited by Dr.Rosenthal

hugh750

tonight me and my upgraded bollokan got blown up by some wannabe griefers after i exited my paleto bay facility (which kind of annoyed me) i placed a bounty on one of them (there was two), i killed the one with the bounty and later sent a mugger after him. after a while they tried to attack me in a akula (i think) and i was on foot and they couldn't hit me.

after i did some resupplies for my mc club businesses ii switched over to my ceo and did a publicity run for my nightclub (i did a beverage truck run) they once again tried to blow me up while i was driving the truck to my nightclub (i basically out drove them) and they crashed their akula.

fail #1

fail #2

rockstar legend

so last night , after a lil battle with sum op mk2 user , i taught him a lesson with my trusty missile dodging heli.   He left and i was only one left in lobby so decided to sell my nightclub goods using the lil van for the delivery.    I step out the nightclub and hop into the lil armoured van when a mugger pulled me out , took 10 large and hopped into the delivery van and f*cked off.  By the time im up he gone and with the van being pretty much bulled proof i wasnt going to catch it.   

anyway i turned the game off quick which saved the day but i couldnt help chuckle ,,, he got me good

Edited by rockstar legend

FrozenDanCicle
On 11/21/2018 at 9:54 PM, Barnie Spacullie said:

Tbh i would have never guessed there was a real account (that didnt use mods to speed it up) over 900 before i saw this. But i guess, there is no point in leveling up at certain point so why cheat to do so

Big difference though with you, you may not have thought it possible but are willing to accept there are things you aren't aware of.  The stupid people in talking about are the same kinds who called me a modder when I got the oppressor mk1, I replied they could but one too, they called me a liar, said they refused to play with a modder and left.  You're not that guy :)

FrozenDanCicle
On 11/27/2018 at 7:26 AM, Dr.Rosenthal said:

Late last night I was in a session with a rank 8 or thereabout

Low levels have so little information to work off of, that what u and I do on instinct is totally beyond them.  We look at the player list and glance to see who is where doing what on the map, and in 5 seconds we have a likely decent picture of what the lobby is like.  The low level doesn't know that 570 means you have all the toys, know superior tactics etc., he may not have even been aware of your rank nor thought to check.

This ignorance is what makes low levels dangerous.  They can decide at the drop of a hat to kill you despite all signs saying "Don't do it you'll get your ass pounded!"  Because they can't read the signs in the first place.  We need to remember that those signs don't exist for them, and to stay vigilant.  (The last part sounds so serious, like I'm talking about barbarian hordes at our civilized Gates:)

Edited by FrozenDanCicle

Dr.Rosenthal

@FrozenDanCicle You’re probably right about that, which is why I tried to make myself as easy to interpret as possible lol, but yeah he probably just seized the opportunity to see what happens when you shoot another player - but the funny thing is he then seemed mad at me for killing him back (mind you, he killed me once and I killed him maybe 20 times, but he started it lol)

FrozenDanCicle
On 11/30/2018 at 10:15 AM, Dr.Rosenthal said:

@FrozenDanCicle You’re probably right about that, which is why I tried to make myself as easy to interpret as possible lol, but yeah he probably just seized the opportunity to see what happens when you shoot another player - but the funny thing is he then seemed mad at me for killing him back (mind you, he killed me once and I killed him maybe 20 times, but he started it lol)

You gave them a valuable lesson by spanking them.  Now they know that blindsiding someone who had been peaceful can turn ugly for them real quick.

rebeldevil

The other night I watched a guy on a Shotaro sideswipe a truck, pinball into a barrier, get thrown from his bike and fall to his death in the LS river below. Then over the chat "WHAT THE F***!!!!!!! WHAT THE F***ING F***!!!!!! F***ING BULLS*** F***ING GAME!!!! F*** THIS F***ING S*** C***SUCKING F***ING BULLS***!!!!" I said to myself, "Wow, somebody needs a nap..." 

My mic was on. I did not know my mic was on.

Whoops.

What followed was a tirade of foul language the likes of which I haven't heard in at least a week. I'd repeat some of the things he said, but I'm in no mood to get banned. Of course I found this funny as hell and I couldn't stop laughing, which only pissed him off even MORE. (You'd think I was smart enough to mute my microphone at this point. You'd be wrong). The screaming got louder and higher in pitch, and i just KNOW he's coming after me, so I've made off for a safe spot even though this kid probably can't shoot straight anyway. He continued to swear and scream at me until I eventually muted his whiny ass. I left the session shortly thereafter because I didn't want to deal with him constantly coming after me the entire rest of the night.