Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,231 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
RAS_ZeroZ

Strawmill survival strategy?

RAS_ZeroZ

Anybody have usefil tips on this survival? I've done it 5 times now with experienced players and seems like everybody is struggling to 'find their place'. Barely nudged out a 9 waver tonight and felt very lucky doing it. I always seem to find myself in some place where the aim doesn't work or I'm just shooting the rails and they're getting headshots on me! I haven't been part of a cohesive unit yet that seems to have any idea how to deal with these hillbillies

Funny thing happened during a survival tonight. I forgot that I was armed with sticky bombs and I aimed at some poor schlub and threw... he screamed and it knocked him down LOL. I wasn't sure if he died so I pushed the trigger within a second because he was so close.

[edit: woops, maybe this should go into the gameplay section... I just noticed that for the first time. Can I do this myself?]

Edited by RAS_ZeroZ

OGLuke

I know if you hide inside the mill they'll eventually come to you just make sure to restock on ammo/health and weapons after every wave. I never made it that far I'm solo player.

kalltkaffe

Where is this survival? when do you get it?

BlakeZ

Where is this survival? when do you get it?

A survival mission unlocks at rank 15. I think boneyard is the first available.

AbaddonSOH

I would do sandy survival, if you're just trying to make money. Its the easiest one.

gtaplayer001

I did solo on this a few times just to try out a few locations to see what works best and couldn't find anything ideal. But the safest places seem to be on the higher ground bridge/walk way so they have a harder time shooting overhead and you're protected on two sides. Just got to watch the walk way.

The other option is there is a hidden spot inside the tunnel of the walk way. But even in there, they can either drop in or come in from two sides. So you'd need to play with a few people watching each side like in the Sandy one.

I was wondering if you had a group of 3 or 4 and everyone was in the covered area with all the stuff stored on pallets. Hard to explain where I mean but it seems like no one could sneak up on you and you would be able to hide behind the crates and stuff when not shooting. Plus you have cover from the choppers.

So far I think Processed is the easiest. We have reliably been beating that with 2 people. I am going to try it with 1. there are some great spots in the smaller hangar/warehouse on that one.

kalltkaffe

You guys say you done it solo, yes, but when there is just one player, the game is change it to easy, its get harder when there are more players in. I know it, im current on ~500 pos in Sandy survival, doing 10 waves a several times solo and with others.

chuckberry04

There's a shack at the left side of the map, you should find positions there. Its easy.

cml41

Processed is the easiest survival to do by yourself. Get through all ten most of the time plus its faster by yourself. With two people you can get through all 10 no problem, unless your running around like COD

Edited by cml41

cml41

I was wondering if you had a group of 3 or 4 and everyone was in the covered area with all the stuff stored on pallets. Hard to explain where I mean but it seems like no one could sneak up on you and you would be able to hide behind the crates and stuff when not shooting. Plus you have cover from the choppers.

So far I think Processed is the easiest. We have reliably been beating that with 2 people. I am going to try it with 1. there are some great spots in the smaller hangar/warehouse on that one.

If you do it by yourself get into the big building. Green Dumpster. That's all I'll say. One more thing, watch the map cause you'll get a straggler or two that will come from one side of the building and kill you from behind but they aren't a problem as long as you know where everyone is. Also, by yourself, you only have to take down 2 helicopters Max most times.