Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,730 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Cebra

Little Jacob reference? *contains possible spoilers*

Cebra

So I was just reading Tavell Clinton (Franklin's cousin)'s LifeInvader page, and he has a couple of posts that reference GTA IV. He lives in Liberty City, and some of his posts mention stuff from IV. For example, on of his posts are "Roman's Taxi Service - worst cab company ever!".

I thought that was the only reference, but then I saw one of his first posts saying that he's renting an apartment with "two Jamaican dudes in Schottler". Little Jacob and Real Badman live together in GTA IV, their apartment is in Schottler. I'm positive that this is a reference to Jacob, especially since he says "now there's 3 black men living together who don't understand each other".

Just sharin'.

CarimboHanky

nice. there are many gta 4 references in the game. im sure, sometime some characters from IV would migrate to LS.

Cebra

nice. there are many gta 4 references in the game. im sure, sometime some characters from IV would migrate to LS.

Yeah, like Packie did.

hellyeah3:16

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie, Johnny and The Lost, Rocco and UL Paper.

Edited by hellyeah3:16

Xerukal

I wish Little Jacob was a parent option in Online.

Maybe one day...

CJ killed Ryder

So Roman's taxi service still active in 2013?

Revenge is canon? :)

Cebra

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie and VL Paper.

Yeah, Michelle, Packie and the U.L. Paper Contact are the only GTA IV characters seen in V, but so far I've seen Roman, Jacob, Badman and Pathos mentioned on LifeInvader alone.

Cebra

Hopefully, but maybe Mallorie or Mohammed took over the company after Roman died in Deal. :panic:

It's possible that Mallorie and/or Niko are still running the company in his memory but who knows.

LibSity

Yeah, Michelle, Packie and the U.L. Paper Contact are the only GTA IV characters seen in V, but so far I've seen Roman, Jacob, Badman and Pathos mentioned on LifeInvader alone.

I've finished about 60/69 missions, do Michelle & U.L. Paper show up soon?

If Michael's family is sitting at the dinner table and Jimmy is on his laptop, if you look at his screen you will see Niko's Life Invader Page.

Champers

I've finished about 60/69 missions, do Michelle & U.L. Paper show up soon?

Michelle appears in the mission Three's Company, where you

rappel down the FIB building and extract Mister K. Michelle is the woman who is torturing Mister K in the room you break into.

She's quite hard to recognize at first, but you can see some resemblance and she is listed in the credits so it is her.

Karen-GTA5.png

As for the U.L. Paper Contact, he appears in the mission The Wrap Up where

Michael, Dave, Steve, Agent Sanchez, a group of corrupt tactical FIB agents, the IAA and a platoon of Merryweather Security have a massive shootout.

Again, the U.L. Paper Contact looks somewhat different, but there is definitely a resemblance.

CharlesDoberman-GTAV.PNG

Edited by Champerss

buzbegone

I'm pretty doubtful as to whether that's actually Michelle. It shouldn't be a 'look hard enough and you'll notice', more like a 'holy sh*t, she's completely recognizable'. Doesn't sound like her either.

Also, the UL Paper guy appears near the end of the

mission where Michael, Steve Haines and Dave Norton raid the Humane Research Labs to get a neuro toxin. "Detain this man." I thought it to be a bit odd to see him as this guy looked to be borderlining retired.

You can kill him too in 'The Wrap Up', just head to the right after the cutscene and he'll either already be dead or you can shoot him.

Edited by buzbegone

Official General

I saw that stuff on LifeInvader from Franklin's younger cousin in Liberty City, it was kinda interesting. I don't think it was connected to Little Jacob and Real Badman tho.

Schottler just has a lot of Jamaicans in the area, and it's probably a reflection of that.

JMan2

Sounds like an LJ reference. I heard one to Brucie on the radio about his product which he's been selling which was funny. Hope the one about Roman means he's still alive in the GTA world.

spamtackey

Not exactly. Roman's Taxi Service took off more during GTA IV, so it's reasonable to assume that it might have been taken over by another person. Maybe Niko took over after Roman died and that's how he's laying low. Without confirmation of Roman himself we can't just assume anything. I mean, that'd be like saying "Oh My God! Disney is still named Disney! Walt Disney must be alive!"

Ash_735

It is Michelle, she just has a different hairstyle now, and of course the Suit, where as in GTA IV she wore civillian clothing because her mission required it. There's also Marnie, she's does the Epsilon missions, in GTA IV she was that drug addicted girl who Niko gives money to and drops her off at the train station to get out of Liberty City and find somewhere better, ...which apparently was right into the arms of The Epsilon Program.

baboultr

Not exactly. Roman's Taxi Service took off more during GTA IV, so it's reasonable to assume that it might have been taken over by another person. Maybe Niko took over after Roman died and that's how he's laying low. Without confirmation of Roman himself we can't just assume anything. I mean, that'd be like saying "Oh My God! Disney is still named Disney! Walt Disney must be alive!"

Yeah But Thats Real Life So........

spamtackey

Yeah But Thats Real Life So........

I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by saying that. It's simple:

What we know:

Roman's business still exists.

What we don't know:

Whether the founder is still alive.

Real life or a game it doesn't matter. We don't have any information to prove/disprove any of the GTA IV endings. If they wanted to do so all they would have to do would be to include a statement in Packie's dialogue about his sister. Say she's dead? Revenge ending. Say that Niko's prolly dead or married to his sister? Deal ending.

Since the data we have is insufficient, we can't conclude which ending of GTA IV is canon.

_Kindled_

So far I've seen Michelle.

Where the hell did you find Michelle at?

EDIT: NVM

Edited by _Kindled_

Cebra

I'm pretty doubtful as to whether that's actually Michelle. It shouldn't be a 'look hard enough and you'll notice', more like a 'holy sh*t, she's completely recognizable'. Doesn't sound like her either.

Also, the UL Paper guy appears near the end of the

mission where Michael, Steve Haines and Dave Norton raid the Humane Research Labs to get a neuro toxin. "Detain this man." I thought it to be a bit odd to see him as this guy looked to be borderlining retired.

You can kill him too in 'The Wrap Up', just head to the right after the cutscene and he'll either already be dead or you can shoot him.

It's Michelle. Same voice actress, plus she's listed in the credits.

I think we should stop calling her Michelle. The traitor's name is Karen. lol

cholesterol

I remember there was a rumor floating around about Huang Lee getting killed in V during a drug deal. Does anybody know if this is true?

I have found no evidence of this in my 120+ hours of playing V.

Also, I think Kate is dead based on Packie's dialogue in V. Idk why R* thought this necessary to do, unless the dlc rumors involving Yankton are true.

Grand Theft Savage

So far I've seen Michelle, Packie, Johnny and The Lost, Rocco and UL Paper.

Where did people find Michelle? I saw everyone besides her and it's f*cking with my head now

Edit: Read the posts...

Edited by Grand Theft Savage

OhHeyBro

Yeah, like Packie did.

What?

Steverino322

Yeah, like Packie did.

What?

Patrick McReary lives in Los Santos now.

Gingersnaps

How do we know this? I'm missing something.

aaronimpact

I would like to think Roman is still alive.

Algonquin Assassin

So many cool GTA IV references. I had no idea that was Michelle/Karen the first time I done Three's Company. Funnily enough I was hanging out with her in GTA IV just before actually. Strange feeling knowing what she'd eventually become.

EDIT: Hmmm something just occurred to me. In GTA IV her first appearance was in "Three's a crowd" and GTA V is "Three's company" . Is this a very subtle nod or just a timely coincidence? Hahahaha thinking about it that's pretty neat.

Anyway that's an awesome reference to my man LJ and Badman. Gotta start looking at more internet sites.

BTW edited thread title as a few things that can be considered spoilers are being discussed. :)

Enterprise

isn't the woman from vinewood boulevard the DJ from GTA IV's Radio Broker?

she sounds pretty similar and has this hipster I don't give sh*t attitude in her voice, which kinda fits the station^^

shadyslady

It is obvious that it is Karen/Michelle. And ULPC. Not only do they have the same voice actors, are listed as them in the credits, but they look the same. They look slightly different cuz five years passed and the graphics are improved. Just look at Brucie's bullshark ad online. He looks cimpletely different. Yet it's him. Three's company is also a reference to Three's a couple, the mission in gta 4 which introduces Karen/Michelle.