3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Photoman

Armored Trucks...Strategy?

Photoman

In Solo sessions I drive behind them or catch them at a stop light and throw sticky on back doors, then wait for them to get far enough away so I don't blow up as well. Blow doors, grab cash, then call Lester quickly to remove wanted level.

Losing $500 to Lester is much better than $2k for medical. The wanted level is instant and a chopper and 5 cops are on me before I can make it 1 block. Several times they have been shooting at me when I called Lester, but wanted level instantly removed and I walk away with lots of cash.

Anyone else have another strategy that you have proven affective???

theadmiral

You can just spray the back door with your uzi and after a minute or so the money falls out.

sgllocal

i shot the back doors once or twice with shotgun and doors opened right away.

zakace

I landed a plane infront of the truck killed both of the gaurds blew the truck open and took the money. Then took off and all was well :)

Photoman

I landed a plane infront of the truck killed both of the gaurds blew the truck open and took the money. Then took off and all was well :)

Nice! :colgate:

x0v3rKiLx

I always drive around front to cut the truck off. Bringing it to a stop ensures I won't miss with my C4. I run around back before the drivers know what's up, blow the door, grab the cash, and make my getaway. I normally set a waypoint for my safehouse before-hand. If I can make a clean getaway and hide out there, I prefer it. But if the cops spawn near there and spot me, I find a nice straightaway road where I can pick up speed and get out of sight. Then I phone Lester to clear my level. As you said, 500 bucks is a good price. Considering I get 10-15k per truck, I don't think giving Lester a $500 "cut" for a free ride to safety anything too pricy. I can hold up a liquor store on the way back and make twice or thrice that amount back in a minute or two. Totally worth it. Better than the cops dogging you until you're a corpse.

Photoman

I always drive around front to cut the truck off. Bringing it to a stop ensures I won't miss with my C4. I run around back before the drivers know what's up, blow the door, grab the cash, and make my getaway. I normally set a waypoint for my safehouse before-hand. If I can make a clean getaway and hide out there, I prefer it. But if the cops spawn near there and spot me, I find a nice straightaway road where I can pick up speed and get out of sight. Then I phone Lester to clear my level. As you said, 500 bucks is a good price. Considering I get 10-15k per truck, I don't think giving Lester a $500 "cut" for a free ride to safety anything too pricy. I can hold up a liquor store on the way back and make twice or thrice that amount back in a minute or two. Totally worth it. Better than the cops dogging you until you're a corpse.

Cool, yeah I often stand at the back of the truck and call Lester. :lol:

DillBagnr

I've yet to see an armored car online.

uptownrockstar

I never see them, but I'm at lvl 25

Photoman

In Solo/invite only sessions they pop up for me quite often...but you have to get them in sight quickly or they disappear .

Decimationist

I just blow the doors off and grab the little 6k in the back. Then I get 3 stars and get away, because getting away from the police on this game is jokingly easy. You can literally get 5 stars and hide behind a tank that is actively searching for you.

blackbriar

How much cash are you guys getting from them?

Photoman

How much cash are you guys getting from them?

In Solo/invite only sessions I average $5k to $16K...got one this morning for $16K.

ScruffySean

Is there a particular place you always find them? The only place I have ever seen one was north of vinewood hills and it drove off before I got to it.

Bonneau_

I pull out in front of it, shoot the drive using a shot gun, run to the back and just spray the doors, and take the money. Personally, I just outrun the cops with super cars (instead of calling Lester to remove my wanted level). I don't rob these armored trucks for money, they're just simply fun.

stocksyuto

16k in an armored van? Lol it cost them more for the truck and the guards wouldnt have been cheap well done los santos no wonder the government is broke......

Edited by stocksyuto

sultangris

you can outrun the cops on the bmx bike, literally and seriously, they are so easy! Actually you can even do it on foot too, if you got stamina skill, lol

Der Süden

I always switched the session after picking up the money, but because of a bug that happened to me twice I don't do it anymore. After I switched the session I spawned in my apartment, could use guns and I could run... after that my character froze, I could walk (heard the sound of the steps and my dot on the radar was moving), but my character didn't make a move. I had to switch to singleplayer (couldn't switch to another online session) and back to online session, all was the same like before, but my money from the armored truck was gone.

teh_g

Get someone to block him, pick him up in Cargobob, land on skyscraper.

x0v3rKiLx

I never see them, but I'm at lvl 25

I don't think you're far from unlocking the ability to track them. I'm a Level 45 and I only recently unlocked them, I think in the mid-30's. I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

SilencedScream

I hit it with a missile from the annihilator, but I couldn't find the money afterwards. :(

x0v3rKiLx

Get someone to block him, pick him up in Cargobob, land on skyscraper.

Now THAT is f*cking elaborate XD

Photoman

Is there a particular place you always find them? The only place I have ever seen one was north of vinewood hills and it drove off before I got to it.

No they just spawn nearby every so often, came out of my apt during Lunch and was just down the street.

Deagy87

Im level 61 and ive only ever seen one and that was at the start of the game.there must be a mission that unlocks them or something

Photoman

16k in an armored van? Lol it cost them more for the truck and the guards wouldnt have been cheap well done los santos no wonder the government is broke......

I know, just another way R* is screwing us being able to make money in this game. Silly that "Crime Does Not Pay" in a game titled, "Grand Theft Auto". :miranda:

Photoman

you can outrun the cops on the bmx bike, literally and seriously, they are so easy! Actually you can even do it on foot too, if you got stamina skill, lol

I have not found it very easy after blowing doors off an Armored Truck...the cops plus chopper are on you too quickly.

sultangris

I hit it with a missile from the annihilator, but I couldn't find the money afterwards. :(

annihilators dont have missiles, but I did this with the buzzard too, pretty sure its too powerful, just blew up the truck instead of opening the doors, vaporized the money, lol!

blk95ta

You can just spray the back door with your uzi and after a minute or so the money falls out.

auto shotgun, takes about 3 seconds.

Photoman

I hit one today at lunch with a sticky and no money either.

S-M-O-K-E

Im wondering as well when & how you unlock the armoured trucks.