Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,974 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
TeCNeEk

GTA V is amazing... but RDR is still king

Official General

I actually agree with thread title.

I really believe that Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's best game of this console generation. GTA V and even GTA IV are great games indeed, but RDR really wowed and impressed me the most out of all of Rockstar's current-gen titles. RDR pretty much had everything, it was great fun, the story was deep and epic, the ending very dramatic, and the game just looked and felt graphically amazing.

RDR is a golden masterpiece and stunning work of art.

Edited by Official General

TaCtiCaLTommy

Can't stop playing GTA V. Stopped playing RDR after about 30 minutes. Traded it in....

Mistake...big mistake, buddy.

LOL, says you. I'm ok with it though. You should be to!

OverTheTop

Red Dead Redemption, I can't think of another game where I felt so in tune with the environment and character I was playing. The music and sounds were perfect, the vistas were amazing, and the story was top notch. RDR is a nothing short of a classic, GTA V is a fantastic action movie. Both are truly wonderful, but for me only 1 is a classic.

pariah87

King of horsies? Ill probably never play RDR again.

ry12111

Bought RDR today played it for first time since it came out..safe to say it's a much better game full of atmosphere really on a different level to gta v

Lock n' Stock

To me, Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's masterpiece. I think it's the best game of this entire generation. I think it's also Rockstar's best story. The gameplay, voice acting, soundtrack, and the world itself is just incredible. It's one of the few games that I will always remember.

What do you guys think? Do you prefer GTA V over RDR? What do you think?

Yeah, I definitely do agree. The thing that made RDR so great is that it captured the feel of a setting that hadn't been done the best in previous games. GTA V is simply another great GTA game with new features and improved mechanics.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

RDR is and always will R*'s masterpiece imo. once in a lifetime perfection that all came together and can never again be replicated, like Queinton Tarantino's pulp fiction or Martin Scorcese's Goodfellas.

grandola

RDR has the better story, but that's it... GTA V owns it with everything else

Gunde

1. RDR

2. GTA V

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

3. Everything else

TeCNeEk

RDR has the better story, but that's it... GTA V owns it with everything else

GTA V obviously is better in a lot of ways because it's a new game. RDR came out a few years ago. R* has made games in between the two. Can't compare the games in terms of gameplay and graphics.

Edited by TeCNeEk

WorldWideFM

I found RDR a bit boring in comparison to most R* games. I know that's a controversial opinion, it had a great story but the rest of it just felt meh, it was so limited compared to GTA - just horses and guns.

But yes, as a piece of story telling it was very good.

BullworthAcademy

I LOVE RDR and it's my favorite game after GTA V but it's overrated. Entering Mexico felt so epic though and I LOVED the story so much.

Edited by theomenofficial

Distrom

RDR is a TRUE materpiece, there are things that I like better in RDR, but overall, GTA V is my favorite.

kasa

what I really liked in RDR was ped going on with their daily lives like going to a bar. in GTA V this is lacking

Titus001

The characters, John Marston overall story in Red Dead Redemption is far better than the over the top silly, delusional, crazy characters in GTA 5. The main villains in Red Dead Redemption were far more fleshed out and far more believable too compared to GTA 5.

GTA 5 does have the edge in online play though for all the mayhem you can cause along with better co-op missions.

Edited by Titus001

GtaIvFanboy

i think both are great games red dead has a better storyline V has more replay value i think their about on par with each other. if i had to pick one though i do think RDR does have the very slight edge. but it may be an unpopular opinion but i still think Gta IV is R* finest game to date.

Gtaman_92

In my opinion GTA V is slightly better then Red Dead Redemption. GTA V has more replay value and alot more fun features. The only thing Red Dead Redemption got on GTA V is the story and map.

Cforumlbgfeva

I hope RDR comes for pc :(

Vatus

To me, Red Dead Redemption is Rockstar's masterpiece. I think it's the best game of this entire generation. I think it's also Rockstar's best story. The gameplay, voice acting, soundtrack, and the world itself is just incredible. It's one of the few games that I will always remember.

I think it's R* masterpiece when it comes to story and making the world seem more alive. But GTA 5 had better missions and is more fun imo. Although I love the enviroment of RDR.

Both are great, but I think GTA 5 is more fun to replay. RDR ending is better tho.

Mr. Rocko

No.

WitchHunter Neo

I really don't think I can pick one.

Red Dead has a special place in my heart. Stepping into the boots of John Marston was one hell of an adventure. Oh my god.............that ending, I mean that stays with you a long time after the game. Some great storytelling indeed.

But ultimately I think both games are different, at least enough to have equal love for both.

drheisenberg

To you, to the rest of the world GTA V is a masterpiece and considered the best game of all time.

I love GTA V but you are not helping our cause. RDR is a masterpiece as well.

Did little RDR accomplish this? Nope. GTA V, UNDISPUTED goat game:

-Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
-Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
-Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
-Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
-Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
-Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame

Who gives a f*ck about that? You're comparing RDR with GTA franchise? Are you a f*cking moron? GTA is known worldwide and has a much longer history than RDR.

And why did you forget to mention that GTA 5 had a much larger budget - in fact the largest one ever for a game?

You're just pathetic.

I agree with OP.

GTA 5 is good, but RDR was just AMAZING. The story, scenery, everything was PERFECT.

Actually I was sad :( when the story was finished. And I don't even feel like finish GTA 5 story.

And the Undead Nightmare was f*ckING BRILLIANT AS WELL.

Rockstar has announced that RDR franchise is permanent and that there will be a sequel.

I can't f*cking wait!!!

tom_p1980

Yep, the only other ending other than RDR that had me on the edge of my seat and made me feel sad it was over was GTA Vice City. Nothing this gen can compare to RDR. That final scene in the barn with John and you just know............ :cry:

No game has played with my emotions as much as that game did.

Marabunta Grande

The best game is still being disputed as to which game it really is.

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PERSONAL TASTE...PERIOD

ShinobiFixer

I play GTA V like its a Western, after all it is in the West. Both are masterpieces.

TaCtiCaLTommy

Another RDR??? I wont even botherTRYING that one.

latigreblue

Not to me. The king's been king for almost 10 years.

Los Santos - 1992 to 2013

Ok guys, if you like RDR SO MUCH, why did you put this in the GTA V Section!? That sounds a bit idiotic in my opinion.

Hortey

RDR was the best story to ever come out of a GTA type game from rockstar by a wide margin. It all comes down to if you like western setting with horses and revolvers or a modern setting with automatic weapons and cars/planes.

Personally I like the modern setting except for the massive emphasis on automatic weapons, I like having everyone using high damage but slow to fire semi auto weaponry.

SkylineGTRFreak

imo, not only does GTA V destroy RDR.... RDR is one of the most overrated game this gen. I tried getting into it, but it was too damn boring, and the story through out the game was terrible. People want to praise is because of the ending, well the ending does not make up for the rest of the game.

After the first couple of times trying to play it, I started reading about how people thought the game was God's gift to this world... so tried and tried and tried... but every time I turned the game on and tried playing... I was bored within minutes. btw, to all the kids... pretty graphics do not make a game good.

Yea, graphics don't make a good game, but the story. And good stories don't consist of "Boom, BANG BANG BANG, RATATATATATA, KABLAAAAAAM, pew pew" only. You should go back to CoD or Michael Bay movies, if you want more action and not a "boring" storyline.