Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,305 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Xh0sa_NightMare

GTA V - Secrets to winning races (Turbo Takeoffs + Slipstreams)

BarelyLegal

Sleeping while recording this video...?

Or his mom doesn't let him stay up to play gta v...lol

Since he definitely doesn't sounds like 18 haha

Says the ugly chink.

Eamonn3

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

LMAO That's how they win in Need For Speed World. Ram the players and then spam your NOS to win. Now I know about the slip streaming to unlock paints. Wasn't quite sure what it was.

Xh0sa_NightMare

Well heck, I thought the secret to winning races, at least from the few I've done, is to just ram everyone off the road and scream like a b*tch into your mic when you can't win by racing clean.

LMAO That's how they win in Need For Speed World. Ram the players and then spam your NOS to win. Now I know about the slip streaming to unlock paints. Wasn't quite sure what it was.

We need to slip steam to unlock paint? This sucks!

Xh0sa_NightMare

Too many views here :O

Cudwieser

Hi guy's. Just thought I'd drop a few cents in the pot (probably the same as has already been fired in). I have to agree the rammers are a pain. I don't mind a bit of rubbing and misjudged braking, but when I peel away from someone on my door handle I would appreciate if they would follow their line. A bit of learned race craft is still very useful. If someone is up the inside of you, let them pass. Tuck in behind and slipstream. I had a great user created bike race doing this (still lost). If you come one on one with an idiot, let them go and If you've time punt him off on the last turn. (I find the catch up useful here as slipstreaming these idiots is dangerous as they are just lying in wait). I rarely come last in races and usually get 2nd to 4th inspite of ramming. (Usually coming last in 2 player races), by being vigilant and occasionally dirty. Rubbing is racing, but give a little space. Sometimes better to back off and let the other guy screw up than both you fall off the track (I have always caught and beaten those who've rammed me, largely because they fall of the track more than they put someone off).

RgnKjnVA

Racing is horrible in GTAO. Once someone comes in 1st there's nothing to gain from finishing the race. It seems like other players know tricks that I don't. I shouldn't have to conspire with friends to win races and unlock upgrades to make me competitive! The fact that this is the prevailing method of leveling up is a pretty big sign that racing is wonky in GTAO. Players should earn SOMETHING for coming in 2nd or 3rd! A point system or something, anything! As it stands now, it's frustrating and not remotely fun even though I've dropped serious coin on the fastest cars in the game.

Xh0sa_NightMare

Racing is horrible in GTAO. Once someone comes in 1st there's nothing to gain from finishing the race. It seems like other players know tricks that I don't. I shouldn't have to conspire with friends to win races and unlock upgrades to make me competitive! The fact that this is the prevailing method of leveling up is a pretty big sign that racing is wonky in GTAO. Players should earn SOMETHING for coming in 2nd or 3rd! A point system or something, anything! As it stands now, it's frustrating and not remotely fun even though I've dropped serious coin on the fastest cars in the game.

Sooo true. The custom modded cars are too fast, half the players crash and still catch me up. On top of that in order to get the unlock to fully mod a car you need to win?

cutter666

Don't really see the problem with rubbing/raming.

if its acceptable in nascar surely it sould be in gta.

cutter666

I completely agree.

I (and I know I'm not alone) really only race to upgrade my vehicles.

Once I know I can't come in 1st its kinda pointless to continue.

I think if instead of mods requiring X amount of wins to upgrade it sould be more of a point system.

Example:1st 10pts 2nd 8pts 3rd 5pts then make it 30 or whatever to upgrade.

I think something like this would cut down on the trade win (cheat) and also make races less of a do or die choir.

Edited by cutter666