2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Niobium

why do so many people in this section hate TBOGT?

LancerG2

TBoGT multiplier f*cking sucked, not enough clothing options like TLAD. In TLAD I could rock a sh*t ton of awesome clothes.

universetwisters

TBoGT multiplier f*cking sucked, not enough clothing options like TLAD. In TLAD I could rock a sh*t ton of awesome clothes.

Not to mention TBOGT's multiplayer just had your average run-of-the-mill gamemodes and nothing new. Just races, deathmatches, and free roam. Nothing fancy.

Drunken Cowboy

And all those f*cking awesome clothes are gone. It's okay, pig masks and pink short shorts compliment my chrome Adder nicely.

Not to mention TBOGT's multiplayer just had your average run-of-the-mill gamemodes and nothing new. Just races, deathmatches, and free roam. Nothing fancy.

Parachutes and such were fun for dicking around, but I really liked innovative modes like Road Rash, Chopper vs. Chopper, Club Business, and a couple others I can't remember, for no one but me and my friend have gotten on TLaD in the past couple years.

LancerG2

And all those f*cking awesome clothes are gone. It's okay, pig masks and pink short shorts compliment my chrome Adder nicely.

Chrome Adder?

Get out.

No seriously though, TBoGT multiplayer pissed me off even more when they replaced GTA IV's weapons (AK, M4) With just the M249, that seriously made me pissed, also what about the Micro-Uzi and MP-10? The default shotguns? The GLOCK?!

Hobs

i cant speak for all but i must say tbogt is the funnest gta sinc gta 3 and is much better then gta v i dont like the driving and story, seems rushed to me however i think tbogt and the lost have really hit the nail so to speak both perfect games but thats my opinion

Hobs

ShadowDog94

Hmm, I'm guessing it's something like Team Edward and Team Jacob from Twilight.

I for one like both, though I prefer TBOGT. I just found it more fun.

Niobium

you may be right, but in TLAD, johnny wears that same god damn outfit. I had to use the simple trainer to make him wear the russian hat, like the one in my avatar.

Y-ME-SO-MEXiiCAN

TBoGT is popular for piloting and modding.

TLaD is popular for ground killers, and UN popular with modders.

Most people are one or the other, so they side with what they enjoy. Meh.

You can't go 30 minutes on TBoGT without getting a concrete dick and a hippo head attached to you, getting set on fire, getting your console frozen, getting thrown into the games "roof", getting your vehicles despawned ('specially if you're a rocket spamming f*ckwit) and all that other good stuff people with .ISO disks and CFW PS3's can do to you.

On the flip side, in the 4+ years i've played TLaD, i've only witnessed one occasion of modding, Someone was hovering over the airport about 30 feet or so in an Anni.

Annis don't spawn in TLaD last time I checked. Much less of a risk of getting your hardware screwed with by someone who gets off to freezing consoles.

In the end, people in this section clearly enjoy TLaD, and TBoGT is different in every way. So no wonder people here dislike it.

iiCriminnaaL 49
Posted (edited)

I don't call it 'hate', at least for me, but it doesn't get my head as much as IV and TLAD do. I don't feel really fun playing a 'Gay' title game, even if the protagonist wasn't a gay himself, his side-kick/closest friend/partner/kinda boss is a gay, sucks, doesn't it? Also, characters weren't great. I mean, seriously... Jacob, Patrick, Gerald, Francis, Dimitri, Faustin, Boccino, Jim, Billy, Terry, Clay, Angus, Stubbs, and many more... TBoGT's characters aren't match for them. Yusuf Amir seems to be the only cool character.

Another reason would be the safehouse. Not going to say that Luis' apartment is bad, it's good, more or less... but being in an apartment since the beginning till the end makes it kinda boring. There should've been some point where Luis pushes some cash to buy something like a cool penthouse, a mansion, or something. Niko's penthouses in the third chapter of the game were so cool, so is The Lost's clubhouse. (although you lose it when storyline ends, still it's available through the whole storyline)

Still hope to see a mod that keeps The Lost's clubhouse accessible after 'Get Lost'. Even though it's not canon in story wise, still would be great in gameplay wise, more fun.

Edited by Kane49

B Dawg

Oh yeah, what's up with Luis not moving into a Penthouse after having someone like Yusuf as a friend?

CavalcadeFan

Because the story was weak, characters were poorly developed, and Electro-Choc turned from House Music into sh*tty-ass dance music for teenagers.

NeonDolphin

At least it brought smth new to existing game modes. New maps for DM + assist kill. Nitros for races. Parachutes for free mode so it finally became a good mode too.

B Dawg
Posted (edited)

The maps were just forcing you into small areas, instead of having access to the entire city as in main game/TLAD, which was pretty stupid.

The problem with races is that half of the race tracks are f*cking horrible (straight line driving for miles before any corners, though IV and TLAD have some of these but not nearly as bad or numerous), and the f*cking super brakes, overcasualizing the entire experience. Whyyyyy? While it does have some really good tracks, the superbrakes make me not want to race on them anyway. Not to mention it had the least amount of tracks and vehicles to choose from.

IV: 22 Circuit Tracks, 10 Point To Point and 10 Cannonball Tracks (start on foot), 10 Boat Tracks, 10 Helicopter Tracks, 18 Vehicle Classes with 4 Vehicles each (Motorcycles being exception with 5);

TLAD: 30 Circuit Tracks (15 of which are Motorcycle Exclusive), 6 Vehicle Classes with 6 Vehicles each;

TBOGT: 15 Circuit Tracks, 4 Vehicle Classes with 6 Vehicles each + APC only class.

Edited by B Dawg