Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,901 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

theadmiral

A cool story bro

theadmiral

I just got done with GTA Online. Some guy followed me for about 20 minutes, honestly, killing me 3 or 4 times in the process when I wasn't even shooting back . I was just trying to get away on my bison. Each time I would respawn he'd keep following me and running me over or shooting me.

So eventually I started firing back and he gets on his mic to his friends "SOME fa**ot IN A PICK UP TRUCK IS SHOOTING ME AND WONT STOP, JESUS I HATE THIS GAME"

so I turned my mic on, which I rarely do, and said "You've been following me for 20 minutes what am I supposed to do!!"

And then they unleashed the worst abuse I've ever heard in my life on me because my voice identified me as a female and they called me an arab cocksucker, a n word whore, this that and the other, the most vile, racist language you have ever heard in your life even by video game standard. I eventually just had to turn my game off.

I need to remember to just join the games of the French people on my friends list when I sign in because a random freeroam is a disaster!

Im sorry for the pointless rant I had to get that off my chest

To add insult to injury I lost probably 15-20k due to dying so much! Stupid freeroam. Medical bills must go and we need to do something about the people that are using this hideous language online... Most online gaming servers you get banned for acting like that but I guess rockstar cannot police voice that.

Deathwish91

iwkoqt.gif?1321057725

EyeMacHunt

hhahaha

Aqua Swede

what console?as een if rockstar policed it there would just be more people takeing there place

theadmiral

PS3

tre288

Invite only lobbies are where I hang out. Fill 'em up with friends and it'll be good times all around.

JayDM420

Passive Servers and Aggressive Servers. 2 seperate lobbies so everybody can play the way they want to.

Some of us bought this game for the online sandbox mode, Not PVP.

sultangris

you know you can easily switch sessions? Theres about 10000 threads like yours and frankly no one cares, if you are getting harassed just go to a different session, Press start, go to online and find new session, simple! it only takes a minute and is super easy. No one is gonna have sympathy for you if you just stay there and get smoked over and over. Welcome to the internet, people are assholes, theres nothing you can do about it but switch to a server that hopefully has less assholes. ;) I do it alot to get away from f*cktards, unless i feel like just f*cking around free roam killing players, which is rare, usually im trying to make money, haha!

DeriusT

While I sympathize with you, you must know by now if you have any previous experience with online games at all, that about 90% of the people you run into are pure human garbage. (and I hesitate on the human part) You either have to get used to these troglodites, or just don't voice chat. Saying something to them only makes things worse. It's just a bunch of pre-pubecent basement dwellers. Don't sweat it, and switch servers if needed. Why hang around for the abuse? Good luck.

Edited by DeriusT

cloudserverslol

VWr6I.gif

tre288

you know you can easily switch sessions? Theres about 10000 threads like yours and frankly no one cares, if you are getting harassed just go to a different session, Press start, go to online and find new session, simple! it only takes a minute and is super easy. No one is gonna have sympathy for you if you just stay there and get smoked over and over. Welcome to the internet, people are assholes, theres nothing you can do about it but switch to a server that hopefully has less assholes. ;) I do it alot to get away from f*cktards, unless i feel like just f*cking around free roam killing players, which is rare, usually im trying to make money, haha!

It's such a joke to know that some people believe they are entitled to, or own gamemodes/servers, and can dictate who has business being in a certain lobby with them, or they'll try to bully them out of it.

WinterEdit

Meh...

I usually just have chat turned off, and if some moron decides to shoot me, I shoot back, at least I don't hear them saying "oh look some fgt is shooting me, come help!!!!". If they even spoke English, that is. I don't care if they talk sh*t about me in French/Italian/Spanish/Swahili/Klingon like most lobbies talk.

Or if the person is 9 and talks like that with his 9-year old friends, it makes it only hilarious.

Edited by WinterEdit

MattLewis666

I think the ape and his flying lawnmower are right.

Aqua Swede

PS3

might be part of your problem...alotta people who get banned off xbox get ps3 tho alotta ps3 people who get baned come to xbox soooo idk,you have my sympatheys

Jameson312

I just got done with GTA Online. Some guy followed me for about 20 minutes, honestly, killing me 3 or 4 times in the process when I wasn't even shooting back . I was just trying to get away on my bison. Each time I would respawn he'd keep following me and running me over or shooting me.

So eventually I started firing back and he gets on his mic to his friends "SOME fa**ot IN A PICK UP TRUCK IS SHOOTING ME AND WONT STOP, JESUS I HATE THIS GAME"

so I turned my mic on, which I rarely do, and said "You've been following me for 20 minutes what am I supposed to do!!"

And then they unleashed the worst abuse I've ever heard in my life on me because my voice identified me as a female and they called me an arab cocksucker, a n word whore, this that and the other, the most vile, racist language you have ever heard in your life even by video game standard. I eventually just had to turn my game off.

I need to remember to just join the games of the French people on my friends list when I sign in because a random freeroam is a disaster!

To add insult to injury I lost probably 15-20k due to dying so much! Stupid freeroam. Medical bills must go and we need to do something about the people that are using this hideous language online... Most online gaming servers you get banned for acting like that but I guess rockstar cannot police voice that.

You're French?

Gross.

theadmiral

I just thought that if I didn't fire back and kept driving away they would get the idea that I don't want to fight and im not a threat.

JayDM420

And what makes you think the players in the new session your joining are going to be chill?

Seriously, seperate lobbies, its not a hard concept considering theres already the invite only/friends/crew lobbies.

A passive lobby where people joyride and do missions, and the PVP where your completely free to do whatever, no bad sport or anything...

Edited by JayDM420

DillBagnr

You could have saved a lot of trouble of getting flustered and typing whatever the hell rant you typed after the first sentence and a half or so by simply looking at the options the start menu presents to you.

There is a selection in the "Online" menu which allows you to switch to another session. The player harassing you will be left behind, as you move on to play the game in a different server.

Seriously, I think some people just want to get angry for the sake of getting angry and telling everybody about their anger, like it does anybody any good.

WinterEdit

I just thought that if I didn't fire back and kept driving away they would get the idea that I don't want to fight and im not a threat.

Hey... are you talking of this millennium?

NormanR6

Kill them, Blow up personal vehicle, change servers. simple as that.

theadmiral

You're French?

Gross.

No i'm not French I just meant i'd rather play with people I don't understand I don't think French people shout fa**ot or whatever he French version is all day and I don't think they use the N word either but if they do atleast I don't hear it

GTALegion

So, how do you play with one hand? Y'know, with the other being occupied making sammiches?

I kid, I kid. But yeah, cool story, br-... uhm... bra-wearer? I unno.

theadmiral

Kill them, Blow up personal vehicle, change servers. simple as that.

Wont that make me a bad sport. You cant win its like Rockstar wants you to idle in your apt until you get an invite to a game mode , the freeroam is a disaster

sultangris

It's such a joke to know that some people believe they are entitled to, or own gamemodes/servers, and can dictate who has business being in a certain lobby with them, or they'll try to bully them out of it.

I agree with ya but some people are assholes. If you have a crew you can turn the tables on them pretty quick, or even by yourself if theres just one guy and you are good. Its highly frustrating for new players though, and I can totally see that but you cant stop it, you just have to either get good and kill them back or go to a server with less assholes, they arent all full of assholes. Finding a crew or a group of friends to protect each other makes them think twice about bothering you, most of them dont like to keep bothering people that kill them back.

And what makes you think the players in the new session your joining are going to be chill?

Ive played lots of sessions and ive found lots of decent people. its mostly dumb little 12 year olds thinking they are cool when they spawnkill other players. More mature people realize the point of this game is to play coop, and Ive played lots of coop games with random people who were very cool. If I hear dumb little kids yelling in the mic I change sessions instantly, lol!

philthethrill81

I choose not to listen to other players other than friends and crew members

theadmiral

I choose not to listen to other players other than friends and crew members

Its sad but I might have to do that, a shame though because sometimes you meet new cool people and can add them to your list and play with them nightly.

mihai2011rom

inb4op is a fa**ot.

D T

Don't waste your time trying to reason with players like that. If you can't kill them yourself, set a bounty on them and switch to passive mode. When they come back to kill you, just use the bird emote and change sessions.

theadmiral

inb4op is a fa**ot.

Are you the guy I was playing with?

Chaos-Elite

If someone attacks you then quickly find cover. If the cover is good (behind a corner is great) they will need to come closer, then you wait with your shotgun. When they get close, aim from cover and blast them.

Edited by Chaos-Elite