1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Un3462

Vice city gxt editor

Un3462

http://www.o-space.com/~cyq/gta3asm/vicegxt.exe

the first(?) vice city modding tool: a gxt editor. the gta3 gxt editor won't work with vice city gxts because vice city uses a somewhat more complicated format for the gxt files (multiple TKEYs and TDATs per gxt), so i made this little tool.

Jevon

Damn it, beat me by an hour with a much more impressive program. Still, I've only had the file for an hour and a half so I think I did pretty good :D

spanair

messing my ps2 game, not sure. I dont mind the pc version couse I can always reinstall.

This is what Jevon said on that site about the program.

Well, I was all chuffed because I thought I was leading the field again but then I found out I'd been beaten in quite an impressive fashion (more in a bit). Still, since I've only had the GXT file for about an hour and a half (*smug grin*) I'll tell you about it anyway.

It's unfortunately only a uni-direction jobbie - i.e. it'll go from GXT to TXT but not the other way around. It has a few limitations other than that: it only runs in the console (a.k.a. DOS stylee) and you need the .Net Framework to run it. Expect a non-.Net-requiring GUI (a la GXT Editor for GTA3) version shortly, along with the ability to save.

Download.

The program(mer) I was beaten by is detailed here - a rather nice little editor by CyQ (nice work!;). This little beast can save, has a nice clean and simple GUI, and doesn't require the .Net framework - a winner all round then!

DJNeuphoria

any chance one of you guys could email me the gxt file to [email protected] for reference, start looking through and altering some text >:]

Would also be useful for testing for bugs in ur app

much appreciated

craig

sensory

i'm siding with spanair, there's not a chance in hell i'd do that

with my ps2 disk when i get it. i'll wait until it's released on the pc before i

start junking about with it.

PS2 Guru

Slow down.

What does this thing do exactly? (for those that are not aware of what GXT files do and such)

DJNeuphoria

gxt files contain all the text used in game like in conversations, they use them so they can have english.gxt, french.gxt etc so you can choose your preferred language.

ot0_m0t0

You man THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your my Sviour! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Co s im translating the whoel thing to Croatian, cos before i translatet completly gta3 and everyone liked it, and then i sead ill do VC too! But now THANKS TO YOU i can do it before the game arives to the players so they can EMEDIATLY start playing translated. Cos when sime game arrives allmost everyone are playing it the same time, and is kinda stupid to publish the translation after most people finished da game. TNX! :D:rah::D:rah:

ps check my sig ;)

Jevon

Your sig is actually wrong I believe, though I might be wrong.

It was me that had only had the file for an hour and a half. The hour thing was because I released the GXT Viewer thing an hour after this topic was made.

DexX

sensory and spanair, are you aware that you cannot write to the ps2 VC dvd? you cant mess up your game, dvd or pc while doing this...

limbfilter

right...there's no way to mess up your original like that...The only way to mod your original is to make a back up. Gxt is for text right? How about looking at how to add cars? I'm sorry but I'm in love with rich's delorian and mustang. :D

ot0_m0t0

Mbh ill leave the sig as is cos its part (acctualy the WERY beggining of VC modding) and i thing we have the right to tweak the history a bit  :D , heck i bet they tweaked the bible too. No way im gonna mess around the original disc. I dont know where you people live, but we all hawe mod chips in our consloles and play "backup copies" on CDs (vice vill probably be on 2 or 3 CDs). They are extremly cheap and you can do whatewer you want whit it. I mean if you bought the original game afterwards you can do to it whatewer you like right? so im modding it like this  :rol:

Hey do you like my not-so-finished-own-designed Zvonimir model?

limbfilter

actually It can fit on one disc. Don't talk about ripping dvd's to cd if all you do is download kalisto releases Because you don't know what you're talking about. The original gta3 fits on one cdr just fine and I doubt this one will be different. Besides we are talking about modding the game not pirating it. :angry: Rockstar made a fantastic game and you should buy the original. :furious: Also You don't need a mod chip to play backups on a ps2. It also sounds like you think the original disc can be altered....lol...You couldn't burn to the original even if you wanted to.

PS2 Guru
Also You don't need a mod chip to play backups on a ps2.

I'm now interested on doing this: I have a DVD-R/W burner and a CD burner.  But what I want to know is how to play these burned versions on my PS2 WITHOUT a mod-chip.  I didn't think it was possible.

How do you do this?

ot0_m0t0
I mean if you bought the original game afterwards you can do to it whatewer you like right? so im modding it like this  :rol:

I Told you i will buy the original, but ill also try to mod it whitch means ill hawe to copy it to cds cos i KNEW i could do anything to the DVD.

EEOS

You can mod the game for the PS2 people.  All you need is a mod chip and a DVD writer such as Sony’s DVD+RW-RW Drive (a superior DVD Burner to most) It can be done.  Making a backup of a PS2 disk is fairly simple in, and of itself.  Making an educated guess, one would think that the process of --->

Ripping :-->

Modding:-->

Burning :-->

Would not be that difficult.  One would think anyway.  Any comments?

PS2 Guru

can someone upload the GXT file?

thanks  :turn:

tony[]cipriani
actually It can fit on one disc. Don't talk about ripping dvd's to cd if all you do is download kalisto releases Because you don't know what you're talking about. The original gta3 fits on one cdr just fine and I doubt this one will be different. Besides we are talking about modding the game not pirating it. :angry: Rockstar made a fantastic game and you should buy the original. :furious: Also You don't need a mod chip to play backups on a ps2. It also sounds like you think the original disc can be altered....lol...You couldn't burn to the original even if you wanted to.

what that hell do ya mean when you said that you don't need a mod for your ps2 to play backups that aint the truth man get real if you got proof then show it to me