Disk reading error

Valhalla

i just had the game for 3 days and now every time i put it in the CD tray, it remains at the main menu, i went to browser, and it said reading disk for a few mins and than another message game up as Disk Reading Error, is there a way to fix this? i would really hate having to go all the way back to best buy to find another copy.

Try whipin' the disk, if there are small scratches then cleaning it should help. You can also buy disk repairers from any games shops which fix small scratches.

Try those, if not then return to best buy and trade it for a new one.

Vice City Kamikaze Kops

Sorry mate but this problem  is probably your PS2, its pronbably shagged up, i got timespillters 2 and it said that... i tried about 4 copies of the game..

go get ure Ps2 repaired if it is!¬!

there arn't any scratches or other marks on it, and im really hoping that my ps2 isn't the problem, it plays all my other games and dvds perfectly i don't understand if it was the problem why it would only have the problem w/ vice city? im gona get a exchange for a new one to hope that fixes it, even though i foolishly deleted my current data in a futile hope that it would fix it. im am quite P.O.ed about that, i went though high hell to commit a sh*tload of fellonies just to be able to jack that FBI suberban.

y2kcrazyjoker

Why would that matter if you got a new copy? You're game info is saved on your Memory Card.

no what i ment was that i deleted the data off my memory card, i thought that maybe it was a data problem and made a hope deleting it would fix it since i had no other ideas on how to fix it.