Freezing

Mr. Pink

My game has frozen up 3 times in about 10-11 hours of gameplay.  Anybody else have this problem???

Well for the first poster, it is understandable if your game freezes after 10 to 11 hours of gameplay; you are killing your PS2, give it a break, GTA VC isn't the only game which will freeze after 11 hours of straight playing. For the guy who has freezing after like 10 minutes though, you should get that checked or exchanged for sure, and also make sure it's not your system. For me, the game has only frozen once, and that was on the mission where you have to mess up the juror's car; it froze right when the vid started of the guy coming out of the building when he saw his car all messed up. But that was the only time it forze, and when it froze, I just restarted the PS2 and did the mission again, and it didn't freeze, and it hasn't frozen since.OS.O.S.

GAME OF THE YEAR:GTA: Vice City

Screw the FCC.

OS

O.S.

sometimes after a cut scene it takes awhile to come back on. but this other time after i beat the black ladys(i forget her name) mission with the sniper on the roof. all of my mission i need to do, u know like the letters and my save places were all gone. so i killed myself and when it came back they were still gone so i had to restart( i only did like 2 mission over though so it was ok)

I did an hours worth of missions with dying once and I never saved since the beginning (no missions done), and i got busted, was running away from station to get a car, boom, froze. Pissed me off. :angry:

kingofplayers6

ya mine only froze once so far and i have been playing like constantly but only froze once so far so not really a problem for me

why would it freeze fom being played? it has a fan! i played FFX for close to 18 hours one day and it didnt freeze.

Barton Waterduck

My ps2 froze when playing grand turismo a-spec. It couldn't read the disc, but there was no fault with the disc. I just opened the disc tray and closed it again and it just read the disc perfectly after that. I've heard about disc problems with putting the ps2 vertical too.

For the guy who said that ps2 will freeze when played for a long time, when i got Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero we left my ps2 on for 48 hrs straight, someone was playing while other ppl were sleeping, and it didn't freeze once.....

One the other hand, my copy of vice city was fine, untill friday or saturday, and all of the sudden it just started freezing everytime i'd get out of a car w/ the radio on, or if i'd turn the radio off in the car....it would freeze for about 5-10 seconds, and say, "Error reading disc: Vice City DVD" at the bottom of the screen.  Now i can't play the game for more than 10 to 15 mins without it freezing and not unfreezing.

this makes me verry angery :furious:

tuff_luv_capo

I had the game freeze, and it was because I tried doing stupid things, like driving a motorcylce into the cuban cafe during a mission with 5 stars while the game tried to load something.

For those people with the 10-15 minute freezing, first try NOT using codes. Using codes is like telling ur disc to screw up. For example: If you get into a chopper with the dodo code on, ur game will freeze. Codes freeze the game at certain times depending on situations, and If you can find these situations, u shouldn't have a problem.

Another example is putting a boat into your garage. NO! Doing this will freeze ur game... It's like trying to put your tv in a sock drawer. It wasn't meant to be their and it will break it.

So, I hope I helped some pple, but if ur NEW vice froze, trust me: It's your PS2.

NOTE******* If you hear ur ps2 winding and trying to load something like the postcard that's taking forever. It IS going, jus let it sit. If the ps2 is making NO noise, it has failed to read the disc.

I had the game freeze, and it was because I tried doing stupid things, like driving a motorcylce into the cuban cafe during a mission with 5 stars while the game tried to load something.

For those people with the 10-15 minute freezing, first try NOT using codes. Using codes is like telling ur disc to screw up. For example: If you get into a chopper with the dodo code on, ur game will freeze. Codes freeze the game at certain times depending on situations, and If you can find these situations, u shouldn't have a problem.

Another example is putting a boat into your garage. NO! Doing this will freeze ur game... It's like trying to put your tv in a sock drawer. It wasn't meant to be their and it will break it.

So, I hope I helped some pple, but if ur NEW vice froze, trust me: It's your PS2.

NOTE******* If you hear ur ps2 winding and trying to load something like the postcard that's taking forever. It IS going, jus let it sit. If the ps2 is making NO noise, it has failed to read the disc.

well, how bout this.....i don't use codes, my ps2 is fine cuz it plays every other game and dvd i put in it.....it just freezes on GTA Vice City.  I've put every single GTA game in it, including the 3 made for PSX and they all work.....so far the only fix to this problem i've found, is to re-start the game, which i was doing quite well for myself in.  So i'm starting from scratch, and it hasn't frozen yet, if it continues to freeze when i get back to the point where i was in the game, i know it's a glitch.  I will exchange it for a new copy.  If that does not work, i will write a letter/complaint to Rockstar.  I've heard of enough people having problems like this.  It is my belief that they rushed this so they could make their release date in order to make it a good holiday gift.

If my memory serves me correctly, i believe it was GTA 2 that had many glitches somewhat like this, and Rockstar made a "Re-release" which was not announced, but you could send in your copy and recieve an updated version.  Hopefully they will get enough complaints and do the same with this one.

There are a few instances where it has frozen while I have been playing. Like at the golf course, and when I flew the heli out to sea in hopes of finding the shipwreck.

Did you know that it still freezes when you fly too far out? How could they not cange that from GTAIII? Just make the helicopter turn around Star Fox-style or something. You know it's about to freeze when you see that the water in front of you has these weird vertical lines reaching into the horizon. There is an invisble wall, but when you try to turn around it freezes.

I heard that GTA3 data can freeze the game as well.

it has frezzed on me 3 times...once i was driving my car out on the ter and i went out to far...the second i started the game again and i had 94 hidden packages and i didnt save the game and it froze :furious: and then the last time it was when i was driving a motorccle and crashed into a plam tree near the colenels place and the tree burst into peices and i flew into the water and it froze.....

Old school sig. No tables, no bullsh*t.

user posted image

I was crossing between islands and when the screen pops up saying Welcome to Vice City it froze and wouldn't continue loading :(

everything seems fine now

Bust the Science...<thats slang for all you squares, it means I bout ta tell you something Knowledgeable, seen>

All ya'll with-its the Freezes problems, make sure that you have sufficiant Space on your Memory Card.

VC needs 500kb on the Memory card ta work, delete any unneeded saves on your-its card.

And your problems will diminish. Plus you'll notice that cars in yourings garages won't disapear when ya stack'em in & such.

Try this a see if it workings...

Laters,

:) I Chang

son of diablo

My Game has frozen up many times, it really sucks, just letting you know u arn't the only one.  it sucks! :angry:

I had a few problems with that i was playing for like 2 hours i bet like 20 things then it freez`s on me so i had to do it all over that really sucked the big one....

but rockstar still rocks

rockstar owns you all so respect the....i`ll allways roll with rockstar ride with us or die :die:  

:r*:  :r*:  :r*:  :r*:

Ok, my game never actually froze but it messed up so much but only on one mission. The last one with Sonny Forelli. It goes like this, I was low on ammo so I left the mansion and got in a car and drove to the second island. The map became see-through and it didn't show the path...after that the buildings weren't loading right and when I went to the Ammu-Nation, the clerk wasn't even there so I couldn't buy anything. Now, it wasn't just this one time...it kept happening everytime I did that mission. If you have this problem, listen...if the Ammu-Nation doesn't laod right and there's no clerk there, go the the Rifle Range and the go back to the Ammu-Nation and it'll fix perfectly...just so you guys know. But it never froze for me yet.

Ive had the game freeze on me 4 times. 2 total screen locks while the radio keeps on playin and once i saved it at the docks right after i bought the docks and the save file loaded a blank screen. Lucky for me i made more than one save file.

But my ps2 has plenty of dust so i guess i should get my vaccuum fixed eh?

also ive seen the streets not load serveral times with gta3 and vice city, but its usu only for a second or 2.