Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,716 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
libertycitymobster326

What happened to the old families?

libertycitymobster326

Why is there no mention of the Leones or the Forellis in this game? I love the new families, but it would've cool if they had at least made reference to them a few times.

Algonquin Assassin

Different universes.

CountdownIIExtinction

My guess is that the old families got taken down by the FIB under RICO laws.

MyDog

Characters from 3D Universe don't exist in the new universe.

libertycitymobster326

I used to believe that, but how come in GTA V Grove Street and Ballas from SA are back? Same colors and everything.

Anzand17

I used to believe that, but how come in GTA V Grove Street and Ballas from SA are back? Same colors and everything.

Yeah rockstar just doesnt give a f*ck haha.

universetwisters

Because the two cities aren't connected. IV-era Liberty City is based on New York and New Jersey, whereas III-era Liberty City is based on a generic East Coast city.

MrPeteyMax

Rockstar are retards and don't care how upset people get by saying that people before GTA IV didn't exist.

Tycek

Who get upset then he got a problem. I can understand it perfectly and I don't have problem with pre IV characters being dead.

Ballas, Vagos and Aztecas are back because they are symbolic LS gangs as Bloods and Crips. Characters from these gangs are not coming back though. And the GSF doesn't exist in V.

Ash_735

It's a confusing thing when Rockstar ignore their own rules, but look at it this way, the Mafia families in GTA3 wern't based on any real life mobsters. Families and Ballas (as well as Aztecas and Vagos) ARE based on real life gangs even back in San Andreas.

So with GTA IV, since GTA III wasn't based on actual gangs, they decided to re-do them, so that's why you have the five families as well as gangs like The Lost MC (based partly on Hell's Angels NYC for clubhouse design, and Outlaws MC for overall gang style). So now in GTA V, they carried on using those gangs because they were already based on real life gangs, but notice how they don't have the same history, there was no CJ, there was no Sweet, etc. These gangs are the same in name, colors and style, but that's it.

libertycitymobster326

It's a confusing thing when Rockstar ignore their own rules, but look at it this way, the Mafia families in GTA3 wern't based on any real life mobsters. Families and Ballas (as well as Aztecas and Vagos) ARE based on real life gangs even back in San Andreas.

So with GTA IV, since GTA III wasn't based on actual gangs, they decided to re-do them, so that's why you have the five families as well as gangs like The Lost MC (based partly on Hell's Angels NYC for clubhouse design, and Outlaws MC for overall gang style). So now in GTA V, they carried on using those gangs because they were already based on real life gangs, but notice how they don't have the same history, there was no CJ, there was no Sweet, etc. These gangs are the same in name, colors and style, but that's it.

You got that right, as much as I hate to accept it. And the new families in IV are actually based on the real mafia families of New York and New Jersey. The Leones I think were more based off the Corleones from the Godfather.

Edited by libertycitymobster326

caseclosedjk

Different universes.

That is stupid to say considering most of the gangs from Sanandreas came forward to V.

MyDog

Who even cares about the Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos?

B Dawg

Screw the old families. Faustin is the best crime boss ever to appear in a GTA game.

adictoGTA

Why is there no mention of the Leones or the Forellis in this game? I love the new families, but it would've cool if they had at least made reference to them a few times.

you meet a stranger as Franklin and she says her dad is actually a really good fried of the gambethi family (the old man from the hospital missions in GTA IV)

TheDeaconBosco

you meet a stranger as Franklin and she says her dad is actually a really good fried of the gambethi family (the old man from the hospital missions in GTA IV)

I think he meant to reference the old families, not the new ones.

libertycitymobster326

Who even cares about the Leones, Forellis and Sindaccos?

They represent an entire era of GTA, the era that started it all. It would just be cool to find out what they've been up to.

DwnShft2Xcelr8

Yeah, I don't like the fact that R* went out of their way to act as though previous characters never existed. Sh*t is stupid.

I still want closure on Donald Love's disappearance from GTA III.

libertycitymobster326

Yeah, I don't like the fact that R* went out of their way to act as though previous characters never existed. Sh*t is stupid.

He actually appears in GTA IV on the cover of the Liberty Tree newspaper.

KubilayLP

Yeah rockstar just doesnt give a f*ck haha.

Exactly :D

Lock n' Stock

Same as the cities in general actually. While both the 3D and HD versions of Los Santos are heavily based on Los Angeles, the 3D version of Liberty City was only inspired by New York City as well as other east-coast cities. The HD version of Liberty City however was a full on NYC caricature.

Darth_Starkiller

He actually appears in GTA IV on the cover of the Liberty Tree newspaper.

And on the Vinewood Walk of Fame