Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,785 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Why interiors are locked

Cyper

I went to CA CA. It's a jewelry store which is used in a mission. Now it makes sense to me why interiors are locked.

The answer is most likely because there is no interior. Once I glanced through the windows of CA CA and the windows at the Car Dealership I noticed that the textures inside the interior is low quality. It's most likely the same thing behind locked doors.

This either means that:

a) It is simply a low quality interior

or

b) It is a high quality exterior, meaning merely a ''portray'' or ''picture'' of an interior.

Interiors are loaded for each specific missions in which they are required. Then this interiors are loaded again and re-placed with this ''low quality'' interior or merely a picture of an interior. The reason for this I would assume is simply because it's to much for the console to handle. Or it is because Rockstar found it easier to do it this way. This may also explain why you can't buy safehouses.

If it is because of the console limitation I would not bother if there was a loading time similar to Vice City, or worse, like in San Andreas.

Edited by Cyper

Cyfa

We have similar names.

Smitty_G

i dont have a similar name to you two gentlemen

TaazR

Nope, the interiors are still there. Look at Simeon's Dealership or the LifeInvader building for example. They're only locked because the programmers at R* are the dumbest f*cks I've ever seen program a game. They literally have no logic.

Cyper

It was Simeon's dealership I meant. It looks like a low quality interior. If you would glitch yourself into LifeInvader building it would either not be a proper interior, or a low quality one.

nekkidhillbilly

it would be the same interior the game uses the graphic models either way im sure its just done on parts you can see but what you saw in the interior in the mission is there still. pc moders opened many of the locked interiors on 4 the same way.

Cyper

Many interiors, if not all interiors in GTA IV, was only locked and not changed in any way. So when you glitched into them on console it was complete interiors in the same quality as in missions

Savo7en

who cares about interiors anyway? it's a game about stealing cars and driving them!!!

celtics345

Nope, the interiors are still there. Look at Simeon's Dealership or the LifeInvader building for example. They're only locked because the programmers at R* are the dumbest f*cks I've ever seen program a game. They literally have no logic.

Yeah because going into the LifeInvader building for literally no reason is clearly a make or break for you.

Gutslab

Yea they milked $1 billion from this game, they sure have 'no logic'.

DoubleOGJohnson

I'm actually not surprised by lack of interiors, everybody thought that there'd be a ton of interiors for GTA 4. And the fanboys who can never shut their mouths before a new GTA were really boasting about the interiors before GTA 4 released as if they worked for Rockstar and designed the map themselves. Then the game comes out and half the sh*t they bragged about ended up being false. The same thing happened for GTA 5. People should stop letting fanboys sell them "dreams". Wise up, next time another GTA comes out just ignore them because when GTA 6 is about to release we will see the same sh*t repackaged, "this game will have the hugest map you've ever seen, blah blah blah it will have more interiors than you can imagine blah blah". Matter fact the hyperbole and bullsh*t will mostly be 10x WORSE than it was for GTA 4 and 5 since GTA 6 is next gen. Between Rockstar's marketing and the boasting of loud mouth dumbass fanboys, whatever you are told will be in an unreleased GTA game, you should expect less than HALF of it to actually be in the game.

Edited by DoubleOGJohnson

nekkidhillbilly

Yea they milked $1 billion from this game, they sure have 'no logic'.

i starting to think that is there logic

nekkidhillbilly

I'm actually not surprised by lack of interiors, everybody thought that there'd be a ton of interiors for GTA 4. And the fanboys were really boasting about the interiors before GTA 4 released as if they themselves designed the game, then the game comes out and half the sh*t they bragged about ended up being false. The same thing happened for GTA 5. People should stop letting fanboys sell them "dreams". Wise up, next time another GTA comes out just ignore them because when GTA 6 is about to release we will see the same sh*t repackaged, "this game will have the hugest map you've ever seen, blah blah blah it will have more interiors than you can imagine blah blah". Matter fact the hyperbole and bullsh*t will mostly be 10x WORSE than it was for GTA 4 and 5 since GTA 6 is next gen. Whatever people tell will be in an unreleased GTA game, you should expect less than HALF of it to actually be in the game.

even rockstar has lied come one wheres all the pets. we have chop and wild animals that want to eat us,

Cyper

I checked Paleto Bays bank.

That's an exception - there is no doubt that Paleto Bay Bank is a proper interior. To bad it's locked.

nekkidhillbilly

Many interiors, if not all interiors in GTA IV, was only locked and not changed in any way. So when you glitched into them on console it was complete interiors in the same quality as in missions

was the case even in the 3d games gta sa lc mod for example. only the main building the mission was in had detail the rest was nothing.

TIMSTER777

If this game ever comes out on pc...

MODDERS TO THE RESCUE!!!! :D