2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

For the people who have the game...

Hax366

:rah:  :r*:   Well N. Americans, its finally here.  Post here what you think...

Favorite mission so far; what you think; was it worth the wait?; etc.?

By the way I dont know if there is a post like this or not.

~Hax~

mr self destruct

I think the game is great!  its a lot of fun.  I got my game at 7:15pm monday night.  I waited in line for a half hour.   they had their first shipment of like 250 preorders.  it was fun standing in line tho and talking to everyone about the game.  Then, unfortunatly i had to go straight to hockey practice so I didnt get to play the game till about 10:30.   Of what I played it is great!  I did like the first 2 missions and then I ran around and explored for a while.  and tested out some new autos...and bikes.  I remember last year when GTA3 came out....the first day I played it, and drove around the city it seemed so big....i thought I would never memorize the whole thing....it was too big!   but eventually I did.  and now Im back at square one!  It feels like I will never be able to figure out how to navigate VC from memory.  But I know soon enough I will be able to.  right now Ive already been able to remember where a few key locations are...so lets take it from there.   10/10   !  I hope everyone else that has it is enjoying it!

;) Thanks for posting. Geez its my topic and i havent told you anything LoL.

The game is... is... cant explain it fully.  The lighting is crazy;  when blood or rain come it splatters on the screen (really cool); bikes are awesome; the first vehicle i got was the BF injection, its on the street now; My favorite missions were Guardian angel & Riot;the Infernus looks like it should and its more common, i dont care what other ppl say i dont think the Comet is the fastest, well it can get up there but not fast.

:rah:  :r*:

Keep posting

Same story as above. A local EB (Indianapolis) started selling VC monday night at 6pm. I've played through a few of the missions and I'm pretty happy so far. Don't expect a huge leap from GTA3. This game definetly feels like an expansion pack, but not in a bad way. The physics and graphics are a little improved, the real-time map is king, and weapons control is definetly better.

The new draw distance is pretty amazing. I started off walking out of my hotel down to the beach, checked out a sun-tanning chick, and walked to the top of a lighthouse. I could see accross the current crop of buildings to the skyscrapers on the opposite side of the other island. Pretty sweet.

The lighting is great, tho the blazing sun gets a little annoying at times. Actually missed the shadow of the tall buildings in Liberty City.

Peds are the same, walk around, say random things, but they'll sit on benches and talk to each other. I turned a corner and found an accident where someone had been hit by a car. And no more holding up traffic by stepping in front of oncoming cars. They'll stop, honk, wait, then run your ass over.

Motorcycles... yeah... they're pretty damn cool.

The radio stations are nice... but I may be the only one on the board who's a little dissappointed with the 80's-only music. Great tunes, but I already miss KJah and MSX. Does add some nice flavor.

Finally ********** small spoiler *************

The money situation is too cool. No big surprise when you start playing the game, but the reason the reviewers were vague about your hidout, is that you have to buy them... but not just houses and appartments. You can buy the Malibu Dance club. You can buy the Pole Position Strip Club. I'm guessing you can establish yourself as a gang lord of VC by purchasing major real-estate. And money is harder to come by. I've mugged several peds so far and they haven't couged up any cash.

Hope this helps.

No big surprise when you start playing the game, but the reason the reviewers were vague about your hidout, is that you have to buy them...

Well... actually i bought the one across from the lawyer yesterday; you cant go inside it just lets you save there, "easier"; It just confuses me because i head there instead of the hotel, and at the hotel you can change your clothes and get rid of the police

:alien: come on ppl we have over 100 views and no1s posting? lmao.  I always here you brag about getting it yesterday! hahahaha

I HAVE JUST GOT GTA3 PCVERSION AND I HAVE A PROBLEM MY GAME IS RUNNING AT A SLOW FRAME RATE AND YET MY PC MORE THAN MEETS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS(2000MHZ,64MBGRAPHICS,PENTIUM4AND256MB MEMORY SO CAN ANYONE HELP SPEED IT UP?

I only got to play for 20 minutes on my lunch break ( when I picked up my copy ) before having to go back to work.

I'm sure most people played it non-stop for hours and hours once they popped it in their PS2, but let me tell you . . .

When you're strapped for time like I was, I was FREAKING OUT!!

I couldn't decide what to do first!!!  I was like drivin' around and then I couldn't see very well cuz everything was so bright.  Then I passed a Cheetah, and I was like "Steal it!"  Then I floored it and slammed into a Faggio and I was like "SWEET!, now steal the scooter!"  Damn, that little think acellerates quick, but isn't really really fast overall, but very fun.  Love the "backing up" animations.  Anyway, I stole a Stinger too, and then . . . ooooooooohhhhhhh sweet daddy . . . I found me a bright yellow PCJ 600 and a ramp and I was Flying!!!

All over rooftops and back onto the streets . . . that mutha f*cka is soooooo fun!!!!

Anyway . . . I don't even know if Tommy has a gun on him from the start cuz I didn't even try to shoot anyone yet.  All I did was drive my a$$ off!!  Oh yeah, I drove all over the beach too, and then tried to find a boat, but I couldn't find one, oh well, I'll be playin' all night long when I get home from work . . .

I HAVE JUST GOT GTA3 PCVERSION AND I HAVE A PROBLEM MY GAME IS RUNNING AT A SLOW FRAME RATE AND YET MY PC MORE THAN MEETS SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS(2000MHZ,64MBGRAPHICS,PENTIUM4AND256MB MEMORY SO CAN ANYONE HELP SPEED IT UP?

i had the same problem, i even tryed reformatting my computer... but it didn't work, so i threw it away because it froze up to much, and it wasn't even fun.. so go buy your self a PS2 and vice city, you'll get much more enterainment out of that then waiting for your GTA3:PC to get un-frozen. :colgate:

deathsythe187

I LOVE this game, I think it is awesome. I really enjoyed the one mission where you get to shoot from the helicopter, or where you have to steal the tank..lol that was kool. I thought i wouldn't like the idea of shooting the CAR and getting a flat tire, but it's actually not that bad, you can still run from the cops with one wheel busted. prolly even 2 or 3.

;) Thanks for posting. Geez its my topic and i havent told you anything LoL.

The game is... is... cant explain it fully.  The lighting is crazy;  when blood or rain come it splatters on the screen (really cool); bikes are awesome; the first vehicle i got was the BF injection, its on the street now; My favorite missions were Guardian angel & Riot;the Infernus looks like it should and its more common, i dont care what other ppl say i dont think the Comet is the fastest, well it can get up there but not fast.

Keep posting

Man... I really, really, really hope the Infernus is the fastest! It's my fave car! :inlove:

sometimes the graphics hurt my eyes and it's really choppy when you're in the boat, but the Sanchez is fun to do wheelies with

:dozing: I use the sanchez to do jumps with, you can hit the ground harder and not fall off      on the mainland the sanchez is soo common its pretty cool

I played for 12 hours straight, but I had to take a nap because I got a little drunk and car sick. I am getting too old for this sh*t.

Anyway, at first the missions are easy, but not pathetically easy like they were in GTA3.  The side missions are so far the best and hardest.  Especially DEMOLITION MAN,  this one is for avery carrington and you have to pilot an RC helicopter.  The controls suck ass, as far as difficulty.  Anyway you have to drop 4 bombs on 4 different levels of this construction building.

The city is really really huge.  The wierd thing is all the hot sh*t is available from the start, like the fast cars, PCJ-600. When you unlock the mainland then you get into the ghetto ass sh*t.  Its all run down shacks and sh*t.  I havn't flown a big copter yet, but the controls are the same so that RC is really good practice.

Also I am having trouble now with a few missions, like Avery's 3rd one.  Also how the f*ck do you steal that tank for the colonel???

Donald Love from GTA3 is in this game! When you're talking to the cowboy guy, I think Avery Carington, Donald Love, a younger version is there and the cowboy dude says exactly what Donald says in GTA3 20 years later: "nothing brings down real estate prices like a good old fashioned gang war, etc..." It's quite a funny part.

its really easy just stay beside the tank and then the guys driving will go get sum donuts

just jump in     it does have self destruct on so be fast and dont turn the wrong way

I rather enjoyed the mission with the jurors, taking the chainsaw to the guy's car while he screamed was good fun.

its really easy just stay beside the tank and then the guys driving will go get sum donuts

just jump in     it does have self destruct on so be fast and dont turn the wrong way

are you serious?? donuts?

this game sounds so cool. what's a PCJ-600? it's gonna rock when we get it here in britain

user posted image

this game sounds so cool. what's a PCJ-600? it's gonna rock when we get it here in britain

It's the speedy street motorcycle

:r*:  :r*:  :rah:  :rah:

I am on Ricardo Diaz's first mission called the chase where you have to chase this guy in a BF Injection. But he keeps blowing me up with his ruger. I still don't have the mainland since i got mine at 7:15 p.m last night. But my favourite mission so far has to be Guardian Angels,i loved killing those damn haitans,same with the cubans ;)

Well i am stuck on a side mission too, Demolition Man i hate it when they start using guns on the RC Copter. But i will beat the Chase tonight. But if i could rate Vice City i would rate it 9.9 because the graphics aren't the best.

My favourite weapon has to be that shotgun and the chainsaw. Those weapons are so awesome.

above the law

Many people are saying the graphics aren't good. Is it really that bad, I mean worse than GTA3?  :/

I don't know cause I don't have it someone tell me. :colgate:

the grafics are better but the sun really bugs you after a while cause its like a bright orange. another thing is the way tommy runs it looks kinda gay like he has a weggy in his pants lol

bret420alvis8
the grafics are better but the sun really bugs you after a while cause its like a bright orange. another thing is the way tommy runs it looks kinda gay like he has a weggy in his pants lol

You can turn off the trails and raise the brightness to max,it helps alot.