Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,243 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
afk4ever

PC vs. Console conversation (keep it civil)

afk4ever

I want any console gamers to explain why most PC vs. Console arguments on YouTube consist of a bunch of PC gamers stating the facts and getting thumbs up, and a bunch of console gamers spelling improperly and getting thumbs down.

lt_yao

Master race and all that.

Fireman

Answer: People on YouTube use PC's.

MrPeteyMax

Both have their positives and negatives.

PC's are more powerful and games can be moddable. But they're expensive and require internet if you want to mod your games.

Consoles are more comfortable to play sat back on a sofa and chilling with a controller, but there's isn't a lot of freedom after you're done with the game.

I prefer PC, but that's my opinion.

Opinion,

Opinion

Opinion.

Get it?

Mr Rabbit

but there's isn't a lot of freedom after you're done with the game.

Depends on the game

I have different platform prefferences for different genres/titles

MrPeteyMax

but there's isn't a lot of freedom after you're done with the game.

Depends on the game

I have different platform prefferences for different genres/titles

I meant more the fact how the game is pretty box standard after you've done everything. I was referring back to the PC modding thing.

afk4ever

Both have their positives and negatives.

PC's are more powerful and games can be moddable. But they're expensive and require internet if you want to mod your games.

Consoles are more comfortable to play sat back on a sofa and chilling with a controller, but there's isn't a lot of freedom after you're done with the game.

I prefer PC, but that's my opinion.

Opinion,

Opinion

Opinion.

Get it?

I was expecting:

"CONSOLE HAS BETTER GRAPHICS THAN PC, KID!!! HUAHAHAHAHAHHAWHEHEHEEHEHHUAUAHHHEHEHSHRHHS".

Thank you for the logical reply.

Th3MaN1

These comment appear everywhere. It's like a disease. While I enjoy PC gaming more, I love playing on both PC and console. I stay by the general rule that defined games back in the 70's and 80's. As long as I have fun with them, I play with them. The advantages and disadvantages still stand, but I don't really care. I don't even know when the whole thing started, and I don't think it will ever end. To be honest, I enjoy reading these comments, since they mostly bring a laugh out of me.

afk4ever

These comment appear everywhere. It's like a disease. While I enjoy PC gaming more, I love playing on both PC and console. I stay by the general rule that defined games back in the 70's and 80's. As long as I have fun with them, I play with them. The advantages and disadvantages still stand, but I don't really care. I don't even know when the whole thing started, and I don't think it will ever end. To be honest, I enjoy reading these comments, since they mostly bring a laugh out of me.

In my opinion, comparing console gaming to PC gaming is like comparing a Paintball gun fight to an Airsoft gun fight, with the former being primitive yet quite fun, and with the latter being more complicated and strategy-requiring.

Does that comparison make sense to you? Because if it doesn't, please tell me.

El Dildo

PC > console as of right now.

but who knows, sh*t might change someday.

the PC market is being saturated by too much restrictive DRM and too much annoying DLC.

B Dawg

Each have their own advantages. I like to have both.

Nun0567

You simply miss on too many games if you dont have a console

El Dildo

quality > quantity

sivispacem

I honestly can't think of a single franchise which exists solely on console that comes even vaguely close in terms of quality to the various pc-only franchises.

Killerdude

Both sides of the fence have their Pros and Cons, At the end of the day, Play on the platform you like.

afk4ever

That doesn't make any sense.

PC has more exclusives than console does...

BrownBear

I honestly can't think of a single franchise which exists solely on console that comes even vaguely close in terms of quality to the various pc-only franchises.

Uncharted.

PCs are obviously the more powerful, but I just prefer playing on consoles. PCs involve a lot of fiddling round with files and tweaking graphics etc., with a console you just put the game in and play.

Aside from RTS games and a few others, none of the PC exclusives really interest me very much, either.

RedDagger

Uh...I don't know about you, but that definitely isn't how the arguments go. Both sides can be stupid, often at the same time, but no way is it just PC people being lol-so-smart-amiriteguise?

I sense confirmation bias.

Either that or you're just looking at pro-PC videos filled with pro-PC commenters.

Nun0567

quality > quantity

I could spend the next hour talking about better console exclusives.

Sunrise Driver

I miss but very few. Besides I got PS consoles for em. As for Xbox - I CAN live without its exclusives.

Th3MaN1

In my opinion, comparing console gaming to PC gaming is like comparing a Paintball gun fight to an Airsoft gun fight, with the former being primitive yet quite fun, and with the latter being more complicated and strategy-requiring.

Does that comparison make sense to you? Because if it doesn't, please tell me.

That was clear to me. And I agree.

afk4ever

quality > quantity

...that are better in your opinion.

universetwisters

I do console gaming since I'm lazy and love sitting back on couches with a controller in-hand as opposed to being hunched over a keyboard. I could probably get a comfy enough computer chair and get a controller for the PC, but still...

El Dildo

no you couldn't.

and even if you could, it would still just be your opinion AKA meaningless :pp

universetwisters

no you couldn't.

and even if you could, it would still just be your opinion AKA meaningless :pp

lets see if he even can.

redx165

I want any console gamers to explain why most PC vs. Console arguments on YouTube consist of a bunch of PC gamers stating the facts and getting thumbs up, and a bunch of console gamers spelling improperly and getting thumbs down.

Do you want to know the truth? PC gamers are the only people who are dumb enough to search up a topic like that. We console gamers know that PC's are better but we don't enjoy their exclusives or don't like buying new parts or we like playing with friends after a hard days work or even when we buy a game we know it works.

PC gamers make themselves look like console gamers and reply in bad spelling just to make themselves feel a bit better but the truth is they are a sad group of people ( Note only the people who pretend that they're console gamers to get others to thumbs them up ) that just want a group of strangers to agree with them.

Piggsy pls

I only have two games on my PC, Manhunt 1/2, since I genuinely believe that they are better on a PC, plus the mods. Other than that, I prefer console gaming, simply because of how much simpler it is.

nightwalker83
require internet if you want to mod your games.

No you don't! Modding has nothing to do with the internet.

Vercetti42

Do you want to know the truth? PC gamers are the only people who are dumb enough to search up a topic like that. We console gamers know that PC's are better but we don't enjoy their exclusives or don't like buying new parts or we like playing with friends after a hard days work or even when we buy a game we know it works.

PC gamers make themselves look like console gamers and reply in bad spelling just to make themselves feel a bit better but the truth is they are a sad group of people ( Note only the people who pretend that they're console gamers to get others to thumbs them up ) that just want a group of strangers to agree with them.

This has to be the stupidest statement made in the history of man-kind. Why do you think we are a group of 'sad people', just stop being a fanboy and enjoy what platform you play on.

It all depends on your choice, technically PC's are much more superior than consoles but whether you prefer PC gaming or console game comes down to your choice, your preferences. I've been PC gaming ever since I was 6, so I prefer PC gaming. For someone who grew up with the PS2, NES etc they'd prefer console gaming and sometimes people prefer both PC and console gaming.

I honestly find this whole argument silly at the end of the day, just enjoy the game irrespective of the platform.

Edited by AceKingston

Mista J

Hehe, "We're superior but I have to keep reminding myself" you guys sound like women when they think they're fat.