Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (86,072 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

-Murder-

Some invitations blocked?

-Murder-

When I host my own match/job i'll go to invite people and it will say "Blocked" in place of where it usually says "Invited". It doesn't happen to every person that gets invited but quite a few, is anyone else experiencing this issue? It might have something to do with me being rank 30.

jiggy1965

I'd like to know that too. I usually see icons like 'invited', 'joining' (when they are busy setting their settings while joining), and 'joined', but with a few players also a 'blocked' icon. What does that mean?

When I'm invited I can only choose to accept the invited or choose to ignore it by not picking up my phone. There isn't an option to block a player.

It also happened with a friend of mine who's on my friends list. He hasn't been playing that long. Still at RP 2 while I'm at RP 7. Perhaps players who are to far behind are automatically blocked from the job?

iiGh0STt

really? this post made it a week an no help? i would also like to know how to block requests.

Coltfanjay

Me too! Blocked, I've seen and rejected. Or busy, of course, if they're already on a job

KyoukoToshinou

I think "blocked" in this case means when either of the players invited manually decline the invite to the job over their phone by pressing X on XBox 360 or Square on PS3.

iiGh0STt

well, it doesnt work, because i still get invites. i had one guy send me almost 10 of the same ones and i deleted them all every time...

abbthemad

well, it doesnt work, because i still get invites. i had one guy send me almost 10 of the same ones and i deleted them all every time...

abbthemad

The blocked thing means that person is a low level and unable to do jobs, hope it has helped

laxwiz

From all of the game time i have seen between myself and crew members, the blocked might have something to do with parental settings in your console, lower levels is not the case since every time I invite one person I am talking to in the game that is a higher level than me it is sometimes blocked.

laxwiz

The answer I got from Rockstar has to do with completing the online tutorial at the beginning, I guess if you don't it will not let you receive invites. Not all true, since I have a crew member that has not done a LTS and he is never blocked??? After trying a couple different ideas, the most success is inviting the blocked person all by themself first, then adding all other people after, seems to work for now. Good luck everyone.

TreFacTor

Unless they are your friends (on your friends list ) or part of your crew (your crew is their primary/active) they need to be a certain level to do the job. It tells you what level on the screen before your able to send the invites. It doesn't matter what level you are if your invited to missions by crew members but randoms can't join if they haven't reached the level requirement. Hope that clears things up.

Edited by TreFacTor

Furry_Monkey

That sounds right, but it's not. I've done plenty of missions before now that I couldn't access myself due to having a level lower than required. And it was never with friends or crew - total randoms.

tjor24

Any update on this? I have a guy on my a Friends list and we can't join/invite it says blocked

TreFacTor

Any update on this? I have a guy on my a Friends list and we can't join/invite it says blocked

jury still out.

ConGamePro

happened last night with a crew member (rank 130).. But after a few tries, he was able to join.

so its one of those things.

Nenzo

The person you're inviting has to have done the heist already or is in the process of doing it before they can join you.

E.g: someone that hasn't done the prison break cannot join Humane Labs setup or the actual heist.

slowburn29

The person you're inviting has to have done the heist already or is in the process of doing it before they can join you.

E.g: someone that hasn't done the prison break cannot join Humane Labs setup or the actual heist.

Not true, unless you mean this is why invites show as blocked, in which case I don't know

bytemanOKAY

guys i find out what the problem is. got the same problem, i cannot invite my friend as well as he cant. the problem is that he updated his gta 5 and i hadnt. i just download the update and ready to go.

hope this will help somebody.

meatrocket8

I think "blocked" in this case means when either of the players invited manually decline the invite to the job over their phone by pressing X on XBox 360 or Square on PS3.

is this how to stop someone from spamming you with invites to a particular job?

TaikaJamppa

I have this "BLOCKED" problem, too... ALTHOUGH; it goes on EVERYONE I have invited today... At least since last re-start of playing Online, you know.

I tried this R* deathmatch, (forgot the name), and everyone was "BLOCKED"... Why? WHY Rockstar?

As for Meatrocket, it will keep sending you invites but you can always ignore them manually.

Not true, unless you mean this is why invites show as blocked, in which case I don't know

Not true. I had invited a person level 11, and no problem. I dont think he/she had done the heist anyway, and this problem with BLOCKED showed up on a R* deathmatch (dont remember the name). So... No, no matter what kind of progress ya done.

VanessaMagick

1) That player has blocked all communications from you over Xbox Live. (This may not be true, but it seems to be the case.)

2) Either you or that player has Strict/Moderate NAT which is preventing you from connecting to each other's jobs.

3) That player has configured his online settings so he can't get invites from other players.

It might also be possible for it to happen when they disable invites in-game.

I think number 3 is usually the reason why.

TaikaJamppa

1) That player has blocked all communications from you over Xbox Live. (This may not be true, but it seems to be the case.)

2) Either you or that player has Strict/Moderate NAT which is preventing you from connecting to each other's jobs.

3) That player has configured his online settings so he can't get invites from other players.

It might also be possible for it to happen when they disable invites in-game.

I think number 3 is usually the reason why.

1. I play on PS3, but same thing is possible in the PSN.

2. My NAT is not one of those, I think. Sometimes maybe have been, but no, not this day.

3. This one might be the right thing... But how is it possible for like 50 players to do it, just today, same time?

To be honest, I highly doubt this thing has anything to do with the players or their NAT-type... I believe it is a problem somehow accidentally created by Rockstar, OR what they should be able to solve. Hopefully.

Edited by TaikaJamppa