1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

How does the bounty system of GTA 5 Online work?

fuckbucked

I can't seem to place a bounty on the people I want. Whenever I call lester and select bounty, its almost always empty, with no names. Even if my game is full. Sometimes there will be a player or two but not usually. I thought maybe then it was like only for people that killed you recently, but I see that's not it either. So is it just glitching? Or how does it work?

You can only place bounties on people level 10 or above.

Bounties stick to you until they're claimed or until you survive for 30 minutes, after that you get to keep the money from the bounty.

• Like 2

Is there any way to see if a bounty is currently on your head, if the text was deleted so you don't know when it was started... Other then asking others playing at the time...

Edited by untichrist

It is possible that an Npc May put a bounty on you for stealing their car or killing a friend/member of their gang. I believe all odd denominations of thousands of dollars are bounties placed by npcs, ($1000, $3000, $5000 etc)

I'm lead to believe this as I've only been able to assign an even denomination of thousands of dollars on a player.

Bounties also transfer across lobbies until they are collected, my best advice is to have a friend or crew member so that at least someone in your circle benefits. I received a $9000 bounty and requested my friend shoot my in the head after I had one last smoke.

Edited by Sylis.coyl

Yeah I constantly have a 1000 bounty on me for the past 2 days. I do missions 80% of the time and I am a clean player. I'll admit I stole a car from the computer player but that was 2 days ago. They are that pissed? Sucks you cant access passive mode when its on. Also a good way to see if you have a bounty. Good idea on getting a friend to collect. Nice! Sure is alot a bad sports out there that want to piss you off and thats all. So good to put passive mode on and piss them off.

Yeah I constantly have a 1000 bounty on me for the past 2 days. I do missions 80% of the time and I am a clean player. I'll admit I stole a car from the computer player but that was 2 days ago. They are that pissed? Sucks you cant access passive mode when its on. Also a good way to see if you have a bounty. Good idea on getting a friend to collect. Nice! Sure is alot a bad sports out there that want to piss you off and thats all. So good to put passive mode on and piss them off.

Yeah! You're sure showing them!...passively.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I love the bounty system I sometimes even try to get bounties placed on me and when I do I don't go off and hide somewhere like a puss instead I go to an area and see if players come to me and I fight them for it. If they kill me then Good game buddy. I film videos on gta 5 on bounty hunters sometimes. But if I really want to piss someone off I just hop on a train and cruise until I hit a tunnel. I ended up having a guy in a jet crash into a mountain because of it and he raged while I just sat there and laughed. I am a clean player as well until someone decides they want to go on a killing spree in a tank or generally by foot OR if th3y decide to blow up my car/motorcycle.

• 3 weeks later...
bowlingforsoups

Same, AND recently I keep getting $1000 bounty put on me when I just log onto a session, wtf? Gotta be some sorta guide for gtao.

I think your problem is that no one has claimed your bounty from a previous session and the bounty has not worn off yet. Try to get a friend or crew member to claim your bounty and share the money with you to avoid the bounty reappearing and having everyone in the lobby chasing after you.

• 1 year later...

One of the worst features in the game. Some random dude can put a bounty on your head for whatever reason which prevents you from playing the game the way you want. Remove this sh*t! Someone is forcing something on me which i don't even want and that isn't much fun.

Edited by hdnine

One of the worst features in the game. Some random dude can put a bounty on your head for whatever reason which prevents you from playing the game the way you want. Remove this sh*t! Someone is forcing something on me which i don't even want and that isn't much fun.

1. Move to private lobby

2. Get sand out of vagina.

3. ???

4. PROFIT!

Necro thread much?

BTW how to make 3000-7000 gta$:

1. Enter a public lobby

2. Find a lvl 200+ red dot

3. Put a $1000 bounty on them

4. Very likely they'll put a $5000-9000 bounty on you

5. Retreat to a private lobby

6. Profit :D

• Like 1

Whenever I have a bounty, I go hide inside the police station (heist interior). You can access it via doors down the stairs in the gated area out back. I place a prox mine just inside the detention sell door in a way you cant possibly shoot it then go hide upstairs in the main lobby/office area.

Eventually people head over and will try to get in the front doors which I have mined with a sticky bomb. I'll shoot them through the door till they get close then blow it up, eventually they figure out the back way in and die by mine. I then wait around a corner with a rocket launcher and take them out several more times.

In all the times I've done this, I've only ever seen someone go passive to get past the mine and my rocket launcher 2 times and in both cases I waited for them to go out of passive and shot them before they could even raise their weapon.

So much fun.

As Sylis_coyl said, odd thousands are granted by NPCs, up til $7000. Players can set a bounty on others ranging from a thosanth denomination from $2000 to $10000. Lester will always take $1000, however, preventing you from setting a $1000 bounty.

You can get bounties from hijacking NPC vehicles, or by killing gang members

How exactly does this impede your ability to play the game the way you want to? yeah with a bounty people will try to kill you more often but people will kill you regardless, because it's free roam.

• 2 months later...
silverharbinger

Is there any way to see if a bounty is currently on your head, if the text was deleted so you don't know when it was started... Other then asking others playing at the time...

There are a couple of ways. If you go to your apartment, then leave, it will warn you about the bounty on you and the amount. Another way is to join another session. When you spawn at your apartment it will either tell you then, or when you exit the apartment.

It isn't as reliable about telling you about bounties on you when you leave a heist or mission session, so head's up.

• 2 months later...

You can only place bounties on people level 10 or above.

Bounties stick to you until they're claimed or until you survive for 30 minutes, after that you get to keep the money from the bounty.

Actually, it is 48 minutes or one game day. The timer is suspended if you are initially in passive mode, in another game mode, or in your apartment or garage.

Surviving a bounty for the first time gets you the Run Like The Wind trophy, and you keep the money from the bounty.

Maybe you shouldn't piss people off. Killing people in freemode without reason is a pointless and unprofitable activity in most cases, I usually put a bounty on someone that killed me for no reason, so someone else will waste their ammo taking them out. I got better things to do, such as profitable criminal activity, than killing mentally ill psychos.