Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,986 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
The Huntsman

Why the tutorial race?

The Huntsman

Rockstar anticipated problems. They knew this was coming. So why did they have a race right at the beginning of the game that would only serve to cause gridlock? Wouldn't it have been better to just drop players into the open world and let them activate the tutorial at a time of their choosing? I'm betting that most of us would be able to play the game if we could just skip the first race.

HalfDead1247

Rockstar anticipated problems. They knew this was coming. So why did they have a race right at the beginning of the game that would only serve to cause gridlock? Wouldn't it have been better to just drop players into the open world and let them activate the tutorial at a time of their choosing? I'm betting that most of us would be able to play the game if we could just skip the first race.

The thing I don't understand is, why does your character automatically walk into the blue ring. Makes no sense.

Masochron

I dunno man, I don't get it either. Pretty much anyone who has ever played GTA before ever should get the hang of it pretty darn fast. At least they should have made it optional.

Elitas Travel

You have a point but, rockstar aren't wizards. They can't tell what's coming.

liammozz

Foresight if we had it the world would be a better place but we don't so sh*t happens deal with it

Get off you hight horse like you haven't made a mistake before stones n glass houses mate

Skellyhell

The thing I don't understand is, why does your character automatically walk into the blue ring. Makes no sense.

Because online is different to single player. This is what missions and events look like in the multiplayer and its showing you how to start them.

Theres a fair chance some people will play online without having played single player

The Hylander

THEY HAD SINGLE PLAYER 2 WEEKS. 2 WEEKS BEFORE TO GIVE US A CHANCE TO EXPLORE AND LEARN EVERYTHING AND NOW THEY GIVE US THIS RACE I CAN'T EVEN DO JESUS I'M ANGRY

I know it wasn't going to be possible on the first day but really I think at least most people would of been able to get in if there wasn't some gay tutorial

xX-EmptyClip-Xx

I agree 100% the tutorial should be optional and we wouldn't be in this mess....Betting its a coding problem rather then server overload.

Wherewolf

Because online is different to single player. This is what missions and events look like in the multiplayer and its showing you how to start them.

Theres a fair chance some people will play online without having played single player

Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? No one is playing online.

topdownshooter

Yeah it was a pretty stupid idea. "We know the online is going to be swamped in the beginning so let's put a mandatory racing mission there which will act as a bottleneck."

BERMSAUCE

couldnt agree more... I actually got into a race pretty shortly, but felt I bet too low and wanted to dashboard it and place a higher wager, (TIP: the race is cake)

Edited by BERMSAUCE

The Huntsman

Once I got through the race, it's worked like a charm.

Courtesy Flush George

Why not??? Seems fun... Without the damn bug crap.

MyLittlePony

Probably them just stalling so they can place orders on more servers.

..GhosT

its not like we didnt play singleplayer. Why do we need a tutorial? Retarded CoD kids maybe need it but the fanbase does not..

jayroen

Yes why indeed...