Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,081 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
_KC

Disable assisted-aim?

_KC

I've had my aiming controls set to manual since the first SP mission. I was also initially playing MP with manual settings.

I received an invite from a friend, joined their lobby - and was prompted that joining would change my aiming settings. It's been switched to assisted-aim ever since.

The setting is disabled and locked to assisted-aim in the pause menu and I don't see any option to change it when hosting a lobby. Has anyone figured out how to revert to manual?

GlaciusTS

You would need to be in a server with aim assist off. This was done to satisfy the people who bitched tht Auto-Aim would be imbalanced.

stevean2

I'll let you know the second I can use the ONLINE service.

On the other hand. glad a forum user I know has got around to using it. Enjoy your time :D

Dable

Assisted or Auto Aim for this kind of game is a joke. Its online, its about skill, not who can hold the aim button faster .... :\

Uvirith

Assisted or Auto Aim for this kind of game is a joke. Its online, its about skill, not who can hold the aim button faster .... :\

Thats why there are different settings. The roleplayers have their servers with assisted aim, the Call of Duties have their server with free aim. its perfect.

SonnyB4

You gotta set free-aim on in SP and then when you join a session, you automatically join a free-aim server. If a friend joins your server afterwards, he has free-aim aswell. But if you join theirs, it could be changed to auto-aim all the way back to SP.

Edited by SonnyB4

RichG

Thats why there are different settings. The roleplayers have their servers with assisted aim, the Call of Duties have their server with free aim. its perfect.

I resent that, sir. What in the name of f*ck does role-playing have to do with auto-aim? Auto-aim is for people who would cry that the game is unplayably difficult if their weren't a "push this to auto hit target" button. It's about having no skill, not role-playing, WTF?

The Acidpiss

You gotta set free-aim on in SP and then when you join a session, you automatically join a free-aim server. If a friend joins your server afterwards, he has free-aim aswell. But if you join theirs, it could be changed to auto-aim all the way back to SP.

this is true, just found out. should be a sticky!!!!

Screenshot

Quite intresting that some people prefer free aim, with 3rd person view. I find it really annoying, sure it's more challenging but it's not challenging fun (In my opinion)

Polen88

Is aim-assist challenging fun then?

Screenshot

Is aim-assist challenging fun then?

No, but it's not really annoying, when i try to aim using free aim, sometimes i aim at a wall, while sometimes i'll be aiming at the ground. Free aim is too annoying to use in 3rd person view. In my opinion. Also, if i were to decide to kill someone in real life, i would aim towards my target, and not on the ground/wall, This is just my personal preference, if i wanted some "Pure" shooting game, i would be playing Cod/CS which have 1st person shooter view, and is all about killing people.

Once again, this is just my personal preference.

Edited by Screenshot

_KC

Exactly what I needed. Thanks

voodoomagic*

I think they should disable asssisted/auto aim and instead implement a system similar to what Rockstar used in Max Payne 3, it was simple and effective.

The Crosshair would be totally un-assisted but remain visible for a set period of time when any firearm/grenade is selected this allowed you to aim before firing whilst in-cover for instance. The Crosshair would then fade away seconds after you have selected the punch icon.

I also think they could do something to make the crosshair more prominent and defined, maybe infra-red or something. It's sometimes hard to see.

billy2048

They should relase it on PC, so we don't have these gaypads to aim with. On a proper system there is no aim assist.

Uvirith

I resent that, sir. What in the name of f*ck does role-playing have to do with auto-aim? Auto-aim is for people who would cry that the game is unplayably difficult if their weren't a "push this to auto hit target" button. It's about having no skill, not role-playing, WTF?

so you say that my hitman with 20 years of flawless kills cant hit a barn-door just because I as a player cant hit anything because of the gaypad?

Kendrick Lamar

(Y)