Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,703 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Kurasaki

Rockstar Please change the character creation.

Kurasaki
I was so ecstatic to purchase this title solely for gta Online until I read several articles explaining the new formatted character creator on this game before its release. After reading through forums and watching extensive videos I feel even less confident in purchasing the game within the future. I understand the character creator tool was supposed to be more akin to real life, but in real life you don't pick your parents or grandparents any more than your able to manipulate your appearance on the fly. So why implement and utilize a system based on picking you parents in order to be more realistic, when that sort of option is potentially more abhorrent than changing your face via specific traits and customizable sliders. More people change their aesthetics upon their face via plastic surgery (not saying i condone this) to tailor exactly what they want than people going out and choosing their family and heritage. If realism is the aim then traditional character creation tools are more realistic than the newly made one for gta online, but i digress.

One of my most enjoyable features in a game is a character creation editor that is truly tailored to allow one to make overtly specific characters. Not for the reason of wanting to make outlandish characters that could never exist in reality, but more so to make a character in a game that looks exactly like me. I love immersion within a game, as would any gamer that would enjoy a truly enjoyable experience, and when I can have a character that I've been able to tailor to look like me I feel much more immersed from that simple fact. I'm not asking to have the character creator changed so I can make mythilogical looking chracter/creatures within a gta game, but simply because I want to have the best most immersive experience that I can from the amazing game that is GTA V, and as long as this current system is in place I'm not sure if that's possible.

How do others feel.

EDIT*: Here is a link to sign a petiton if you would like to truly help in bringing an amazing character customization system to GTA Online.

Edited by Kurasaki

joejoebaggin

the character creation is a joke it is one of the worst i have ever seen.

Drake Malice

Spot on pally

Skaytful

hit the nail on the head man

Lock n' Stock

Yep, I don't like this system AT ALL, it's sh*t. It just feels poorly tacked on and the whole "choose parents" thing just seems like something to cover up that Rockstar couldn't be arsed making something a bit more advanced. You can't even choose your brows or eye colour! I've played older SmackDown! games that had more options.

Randomizing barely helps as well, they end up looking ugly as f*ck mostly.

Edited by Gst0395

MrANthraX

shut up with the complainings, its better then IV isnt it?

Lukas Japonicus

I do think that people complain way too much on this forum, but the customization complaints are completely justified in my opinion. It is beyond bad.

Lock n' Stock

For such a hyped up online experience, you'd think we'd gotten something a little more advanced.

JimmyJoeJames

I guess if you're trying to make a non-white, black or hispanic character, it sucks. But other than that, it's pretty much everything they said and it's way better than GTA IV. I just wish there were more parents and grandparents to chose from with every race.

GTAHomie420

Everything everyone is saying on here about bad customization is completely justified. For a game as Hyped as GTA V. I expected MUCH more than what they gave us.

Nasir_Jones

before I finally created the character I was hoping for, I would much rather have IV's characters back...

chriselswick

This is light years behind character creation on any game including GTA 4. You literally have no control on how you look. You have to hit random until you finally give in and pick a random looking person. seriously... Why even bother? You select facial hair, hair, glasses, and hat. Lmao I laughed the first time and was like WTF??? I realllyyy would like to know the guy who approved of this. It doesnt even make sense. Not to anyone.

ONEkingscar

The character creation system in GTA V is a joke,Its a shame that IV's system was better.......

ShinobiFixer

This thread.

U are right. I love creating characters in games to feel more immersed. From Fallout to Skyrim, even saints row. I felt immersed because they looked like me. Here I can't even tell if I'm Asian or not. The f*ck were they thinking?

blue1

Why did you open your mouth when you clearly know nothing? No it's not better than IV. In IV they looked quite alright, but in V the characters looks like drug addicts.

Lock n' Stock

I like how you can have John Marston as your father, but even then your character doesn't look right. The eyes are too slim.

JimmyJoeJames

This is light years behind character creation on any game including GTA 4. You literally have no control on how you look. You have to hit random until you finally give in and pick a random looking person. seriously... Why even bother? You select facial hair, hair, glasses, and hat. Lmao I laughed the first time and was like WTF??? I realllyyy would like to know the guy who approved of this. It doesnt even make sense. Not to anyone.

Well, maybe my memory is incorrect, but wasn't there seriously like only 4 character models in GTA IV online that weren't even modifiable in the least. This is better than GTA IV, let's not get carried away.

Alsith

All you guys do is bitch and moan all day...

I enjoyed making my character, simple and fast.

LzInFaMouSzL

The character customization is a f*cking joke lol.. I've seen better in WWE games, hell every Saints Row game has better customization. R* can't get nothing right these days.. I expected GTA to be life like 9 years later after playing San Andreas.

Lock n' Stock

This thread.

U are right. I love creating characters in games to feel more immersed. From Fallout to Skyrim, even saints row. I felt immersed because they looked like me. Here I can't even tell if I'm Asian or not. The f*ck were they thinking?

The character creation in Fallout and Saints Row was spot on, I modeled my character after my actual self and felt more like I was playing as me. Elder Scrolls games don't count because I just choose Argonians all the time.

GTA Online's system however, just seems lazily tacked on.

Edited by Gst0395

chriselswick

The character customization is a f*cking joke lol.. I've seen better in WWE games, hell every Saints Row game has better customization. R* can't get nothing right these days.. I expected GTA to be life like 9 years later after playing San Andreas.

I must say I remember the WWE games actually had the best customization of any video game EVER.. IDK about the new ones but I remember on smackdown games for ps2 you could literally make anyone and make it look like them.

carlosy

Just quoting because so true!

Drake Malice

What about clothing, nobody has touched on the subject. Can you buy clothing in variety and whatnot more-so than SP? If so then it can make up for a tiny bit of this horrid creator. Even if I could make my face exactly the way I wanted, but had to stick with LA-style clothes I'd be screwed even then

Lock n' Stock

I must say I remember the WWE games actually had the best customization of any video game EVER.. IDK about the new ones but I remember on smackdown games for ps2 you could literally make anyone and make it look like them.

Good memories with early SmackDown games. I mean, even Just Bring It has more advanced facial customizing than this.

JimmyJoeJames

If there's one thing WWE games get right, it's that and they are the best at it imo. I don't expect too many games to be as good as WWE, hell, for a while it would be the only reason to buy it..at least until the game-play just got so stale I couldn't even enjoy that.

Kurasaki

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who feels as thought the character creation system is kinda peculiar haha... considering starting a petition, don't necessarily feel like it'll do much, but considering that pc players petitioning to have gta V come to pc actually yeilded some results, I feel that it's possible for them... if enough attention is made...to offer a character creation kit that is actually usable.

Euan

It is terrible, but I highly doubt they'll change it.

Black Rabbit

. You literally have no control on how you look.

Damn R* making their game too realistic. f*ck that.

Juzt

First off. This is NOT behind GTA 4's character creation. But I agree 100% that it is a little tacked on and underwhelming. the sliders barely make a difference. It's pretty weak tbph.

Kurasaki

It is terrible, but I highly doubt they'll change it.

Probably wouldn't be changed immediatley, but considering how long it's been for the release of this GTA title, even if it takes several months, I'd rather have that and an actually usable character creation kit than wait till GTA 6 whenever that'll be...