Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,988 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
Heisenberg666

Your experience with GTA:O

Heisenberg666

Hello Guys, thought I'll make a thread about your experiences with Gta Online in General (not including server errors) . How are the people you've met etc. For me, not too good. I mean people in free roam just tries to kill you for no reason, I don't know what I expected really, but there's a deathmatch/team deathmatches for gods sake, you wanna murder/squish/blow up other players? Fine by me but at least do it where it was meant to be done. Thankfully there's a system that if you are being a prick for too long you'll get thrown in with other pricks to play with. I'm just a guy trying to earn some dough then I get squished and robbed (before I found out about the deposit, lol). Well yeah that's about it, what about yours?

Edited by Marck527

TrevorPhilipsInc

People are actually on the servers?

xX-EmptyClip-Xx

I'll let you know when I can get the first race to work lol. Might be later today, tomorrow next week who knows....

R* should have never made the first thing to do when going online a multiplayer race. Big mistake.

Zinthaniel

when i can actually get it to work i'll let you know

Heisenberg666

I'll let you know when I can get the first race to work lol. Might be later today, tomorrow next week who knows....

R* should have never made the first thing to do when going online a multiplayer race. Big mistake.

I actually won that first race, but it was horrible, everyone was just trying to crash into each other haha eventually, I got away from the herd and caught up to the #1 and beat him.

Edit: for all the people who can't enter online, just keep trying, there's this little windows where it'll actually let you in and you can usually stay on there for a while. But if you quit, you might not get in for a while again.

Edited by Marck527

ThreattzZ

Shouldn't this be in the GTA Online section of the forums?..

Starchs

Timed out session. Please return to GTA 5 and try again later.

Ninjambie

Seeing as how the missions don't work, trying to get people to join a race, or TDM, or just about anything simply does not work, there's actually nothing to do at the moment. Nothing works as intended.

I've been driving around robbing stores and other players. That's about the only thing to do right now until everything gets worked out and fixed.

HeisenbergKingofKings

From what I was able to do(which isn't much), it was a blast. But I'm gonna hop off until later today or tonight to see if these problems are somewhat sorted out.

dryim90

it's pretty damn aggressive. i'm getting smoked left and right. not to mention i'm doing a bit of smoking myself. missions are cool. It's exactly like what you think it is. but as a result very bloody.

***Not that I'm complaining. lolol just calling it like i see it

Edited by dryim90

elmo87

I don't know I'm on the fence about it. It's a bit much to me .

the_samich

Aside from the normal launch day issues everyone SHOULD have been expecting, I can't really complain. Except for some tool who waited for me to come out of LS customs,popped me, stole my car and just downright pissed me off. He was mad because I wouldn't get in his car with him :lol:

cjspeed

Well, you see, with this whole "You should store your cash in the bank so you don't lose so much of it when you die" thing has got people killing each other to make money. However, unless i've been killing people with very little money, i only ever get $100 per person.

And before you shout "OMFG YOU'RE ONE OF THESE ANNOYING NOOBS", i actually only killed the guy that killed me. Over and over and over :p

Other than that, it's been pretty fun. The Deathmatch seems a bit too close quartered to me. I just seem to spawn and get shot in the back instantly, which isn't fun.

I just can't wait for my friends to get past the server errors so we can start doing stuff as a crew and making hella cash monies.

Fizwalker

I've been waiting over 45 minutes just to get in.....I understand the whole flood of players trying to get in... But... Yeah

SamuelBenjamin

This is how it's going for me

http://youtu.be/MikRS_EEGcQ

But no, gonna wait till tomorrow then i can stop playing the lovely song

Edited by SamuelBenjamin

Thunderjet429ci

Finally got online won the race and did another mission stopped in to ammunation then my dog starts whining to go out . I took him out got back it said I was kicked from the server for being idle too long and said press A to return to online. I hit A and it tells me character has been corrupted.

Has anyone stopped playing then been able to access their character whenthey restarted?

the_samich

Finally got online won the race and did another mission stopped in to ammunation then my dog starts whining to go out . I took him out got back it said I was kicked from the server for being idle too long and said press A to return to online. I hit A and it tells me character has been corrupted.

Has anyone stopped playing then been able to access their character whenthey restarted?

I did and didn't have a problem but I know I may be one of the lucky few.

elmo87

I have , turned the game off and came back , but lost my tattoos ( which cost me $30,000) one of my cars , and I cant take off this bullet proof vest. They did say it will be buggy , but it all feels weird . And a bit too much. What happened if I just want chill like how we did in 4

Don 'de Medici'

Connectivity issues aside.

How many times have random people tried to help me? Zero times.

How many times do random people try to run me over or shoot me? Lots.

I couldn't get any of the Death Match Missions to work just kept breaking.

I'm sure itll sort out soon.

Trevingit

i was hoping to like gta online this time around but it seems like a chaotic mess with so many players with different incentives. racing sucks being a crash fest and catch up always on, and deathmatch is nothing great with auto aim. Everything setup with custom lobbys make everything take ages

LogLog1919

Well considering I can't play missions after the patch, at the moment it is pretty bad. It was good before the patch...

aquatko

No any f*cking experience.

Edited by aquatko

adoreonerr

is online free aim or auto aim? or can we individualy choose?? pls answer

Virazol

is online free aim or auto aim? or can we individualy choose?? pls answer

Ohh it better be free aim..

meth.

considering how i haven't been able to play at all, ALL DAY i wouldn't know. i am seriously kicking myself in the ass for getting it on ps3 now.

customkingpimp

I will let you know when I am able to actually get on, it wont even connect on ps3. Thankfully, I have patience, and am lovin story mode now that my cars do not go away that I buy, or steal and customize

TommyK154

considering how i haven't been able to play at all, ALL DAY i wouldn't know. i am seriously kicking myself in the ass for getting it on ps3 now.

I have it on 360 I havent been able to play all day either

MurdocisGod1990

I still can't play, I'm on PS3

Trevkillz

I finally got in and have to say I'm pretty impressed so far. Once you get passed the open race tutorial things run pretty smooth which is surprising, there is a little lag here and there but not anything like I thought it would be on the 1st day.

They need to fix the Bad Sport "writeups" or whatever they are though. I was using my phone to deposit some money got slammed into purposely and saw some dude in a truck that he modded so I chased him down and shot him hit his truck maybe 3times (he had already wrecked the crap out of it) and it blew up and I got a "Bad Sport" warning for blowing up someones personal vehicle and was told to "play nice" pretty lame especially since the other dude started it.