2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

decsok

Has anyone been able to actually play GTAO yet?

robbo216

I tried a few hours ago, not knowing what time it was supposed to come online and it worked fine, I created my character, done the initial race and they did a few missions/races/deathmatches. Then my game froze and when I restarted couldn't get back online. Tried 1 hour later, still couldn't get online. Now I can get online but can't do any kind of missions, I can just freeroam with a bunch of other people in my server. Still fun for the time being.

But when you decide to stop is the money that you have gained or spent still there? Im guessing not... hope im wrong but I think your character might be invalid afterwards also

I've connected online 3 times now and each time I have retained my character and money earned. But I can't seem to connect right now

decsok

I tried a few hours ago, not knowing what time it was supposed to come online and it worked fine, I created my character, done the initial race and they did a few missions/races/deathmatches. Then my game froze and when I restarted couldn't get back online. Tried 1 hour later, still couldn't get online. Now I can get online but can't do any kind of missions, I can just freeroam with a bunch of other people in my server. Still fun for the time being.

But when you decide to stop is the money that you have gained or spent still there? Im guessing not... hope im wrong but I think your character might be invalid afterwards also

I've connected online 3 times now and each time I have retained my character and money earned. But I can't seem to connect right now

your lucky, I have created at least 3 characters and always had to start again because it apparently "was not saved"

decsok

im going to bed f*ck this... hopefully after five years preparation and another few hours RS will realise the capacity of the servers they need to function proper with a release of this standard...

blk95ta

Biggest problem is getting your money into your deposit such a pain also earning money is awkward. Rank 7 not many issues apart from expect connection issues and not being able to find some of these game modes people were ranting about.

it wasn't too hard to get the money in there, although i wanted to keep some out. looking back i think you're better off depositing ALL of your money, then withdrawing $500 rather than trying to deposit it bit by bit until you have a couple hundred $ left.

Edited by blk95ta

bobdude100

I have today off work, not purposely for GTA:O just happened to land today lol. I'll keep seeing if I can get passed the race every couple hours or so.

blk95ta

I think it's time for Rockstar to get some better servers...these aren't cutting it

2011922-computer-room-1970s-f1257_s1057_

///Oxide

I played it for like 3 hours , had a few saving issues but after trying several times I managed to save my progress every time.

Edited by ///Oxide

SuperDuperGta

I'm not even getting to 'the race' I get failed to host. any advice?

Edited by SuperDuperGta

blk95ta

back up for me :)

DymeDef

Im back, and was playing for a bit. Only problem was I was only able to actually play when I made a solo room.

robbo216

I thought it was back to fully working, tried hosting a deathmatch, got as far as choosing the setting, getting 7 people to join but when I tried to advance it just stayed on the 'launching' screen forever, not letting me do anything so I was forced to restart xbox. :/

SuperDuperGta

Screw this i'm downloading BF4 Beta :)

WitchHunter Neo

I have been trying and trying, making character after character, resetting my console...

still no luck.... Every time, I have to watch the same intro leading up to the race that I cannot partake in.

Curious about serious answers from people that have actually been able to play and communicate with others.

Or people that have had to watch the GTAO intro more than enough times and got nowhere but somehow figured out what was wrong.

I play on the 360 and it works okay.

At first it literally threw me into online....dropped me at the Vinewood sign.

Then I went back to SP and then back to online and it started up correctly, with introduction and a racing mission.

Since then I have got myself a car, some insurance, and basically tried my hand at some of the race events.

Some other player was chasing me for a bit while on free roam, shooting and ramming me. Managed to give him the slip, deposit my cash at an ATM and then activated passive mode. Just to get a breather.

So far I have noticed some texture issues. But as for connection (UK) I have not had a problem.

Hope al you guys can get on soon. It's really interesting at the moment.

W1ddL3

I haven't been able to play it all, it keeps crashing my xbox. The furthest I've got was character customization but then when I put a name in, it stopped responding.

Just going to stick with SP for now. I'll try again later on.

Edit:

Managed to get into the opening cutscene. Some lag and lots of pop in. Went to start the race and it stopped responding.

Edited by Waldie

hulklogann

something different every time.

still wont work.

..GhosT

Pfff, they even took 2 more weeks into it and yet they still failed miserably.

Rockstar Games, what the actual f*ck is going on?

Aby1

Just got on then dc'd :<

scipio1st

Single player game was awesome. So I dont care about online that much. Was still worth the money X10. All this whining is wasteful and it reminds me of the film Idiocracy. Especially with some of the language been thrown around like ping pong!

slydog

Got on managed to play a match before it decided to freeze my box. BTW what does it mean when it says a car is too hot to modify?

The_Big_Lebowski

The game is timing out everytime I try to go online. Sigh

Blazergamer

I just keep getting "unable to host a online game" was able to set up my guy though

Same here !

toybasher

Got on managed to play a match before it decided to freeze my box. BTW what does it mean when it says a car is too hot to modify?

For the "Too hot" message, While I havn't played online, a similar message appeared in past GTA's.

I assume you are trying to modify a law enforcement vehicle. Those cannot be modified.

TonyZimmzy

I made an awesome character, bought him some great clothes, then went to the gym and came back home and I couldn't access online again :( I'm hoping I didn't lose his appearance -- I spent 30 minutes on it.